Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Content by Amazon Addict

Amazon Addict (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Convenience Foods for Singles (Slow Cooker Library)
Convenience Foods for Singles (Slow Cooker Library)
by Catherine Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and simple, 12 Jun 2013
I do not normally cook and get turned off by receipe books that ask for random ingredients (that you can't pick up a sainsbury/tesco metro).

I've had this book for a month now and have tried many of the receipes. Everyone of the dishes has turned out delicious! The other day I bought a ready-made meal and it tasted so bland compared to the dishes I've cooked using this book. It's amazing.

The book recommends a 1.5 litre slow cooker which is perfect for 1-2 people. The alternatives to fresh food is useful and allows some variation to your favourite dishes.

If I could give it more stars, I would. This cook book is working wonders for my diet.

bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment 4.2g Light
bareMinerals Pure Transformation Night Treatment 4.2g Light
Offered by Faith Cosmetics
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is perfect for the day too...., 13 Feb 2013
I wear this during the day as I don't like too much makeup on my face. It gives me enough coverage but if I have a blemish or for under my eyes, I still use a concealer. It's lovely and light and you can't tell I have any makeup on at all, however my face looks more even in tone than without it. I would highly recommend this even at the higher price, it last quite a while though and still cheaper than baremineral foundations.

Command Picture Hanging Strips Value Pack
Command Picture Hanging Strips Value Pack
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend them enough....., 13 Feb 2013
I have used these strips to hang all my pictures and cannot recommend them enough. They seem a little expensive compared to nails, but if you change your mind on when to hang a particular picture or regularly change your pictures around (as I tend to do), this is perfect.

There are always spare one kept in my house, that's why I go for the value pack.

OXO Good Grips Mini Squeegee
OXO Good Grips Mini Squeegee
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right size for small shower screen and bathroom, 13 Feb 2013
I have a half bath shower screen and regular bath tub. This is the perfect size (smaller than regular) for my bathroom, I have used it daily. The little sucker tends to fall off randomly from the tiles. As a squeegee it works perfectly and I have been using it for about 1 month. The price is a little expensive but it definitely suits my purposes and my bathroom has never been cleaner.

Element: Yoga For Weight Loss [DVD]
Element: Yoga For Weight Loss [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos
Price: 9.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Dream yoga sequence, 13 Feb 2013
I abosolutely love this yoga dvd. In the last 2 weeks I have managed to do 7 sessions and haven't felt bored with this. Her dialogue is both instructive and motivating. The practice allows your heart rate to speed up (as expected because it's for weight loss) but also has lovely resting postures in between. If you want something to ease you into yoga and have the benefits of an active practice than I would highly recommend this dvd. At 5 it has more than paid for itself in the 7 sessions I have already done and as I believe I will continue to use it, it's definitely money well spent for me.

Everbuild SILEAT Silicone Eater
Everbuild SILEAT Silicone Eater
Offered by Transtools
Price: 3.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that easy to remove, 13 Feb 2013
I had quite a lot of silicone to remove, so after spreading a generous amount on at the bottom of my shower screen and leaving it for 4 hours, I should it would glide off. It's still needed to be scrubbed off and it hasn't be totally cleaned. So I may need to do it again. It's kind of takes a lot of time to remove. I've never used others so cannot compare. But seems very time consuming.

Byretech Easi-fit Screen Seal (4-6mm) PS-2-6
Byretech Easi-fit Screen Seal (4-6mm) PS-2-6
Offered by The Shower Doctor
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The flap at the bottom can get stuck, 13 Feb 2013
If your screen skims closely to the edge of the bath than when closing the screen the bottom flap can get stuck backwards and water leaks out. Easy enough to pull it back in but just a nusance if you forget and find a puddle outside of your bath tub. Otherwise it's easy enough to attach to shower screen, however 1 month after installing it, I have found the plastic has hardened and the seal slipping off a bit at the end. I think most screen seals do this. Definitely better than my old one that had gone black around the edges after 2 weeks.

FoneM8 - Samsung Galaxy S3 Black Wallet Flip Case Cover - INCLUDES 5 Screen Protectors

5.0 out of 5 stars You can insert headphones and recharge without removing cover..., 13 Feb 2013
The phone fits snuggly into the plastic shell inside the cover. However the highlight of this cover is that you can charge or listen to music with the cover closed. The 5 screen protectors are just a bonus. For the price that it's selling, it's just slightly higher than others on Amazon but well worth the extra money for the convenience. The fake leather is not smooth so when you scratch the corner, it's not as noticible as the smooth fake leather covers. The magnetic clasp is also stronger and sturdier with a metal edge (it also looks slightly more expensive with this feature). I'd definitely recommend this to my friends.

Eat Water Slim Rice 200 g (Pack of 5)
Eat Water Slim Rice 200 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Blukoo
Price: 13.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely texture but may not be for everyone....., 7 Feb 2013
A friend bought some packets over recently and I have been reluctant to try them as I don't particularly enjoy watery mushy pasta (which I thought would be the texture for these).
However I love the texture as it's a bit chewy but if you don't like it too chewy then boil it a little longer. It's just lovely as a companion to tasty vegetable dishes!

I am ordering now as we speak. I'd highly recommend it to my friends.

Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF#50 Facial Moisturizer 50 ml
Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense SPF#50 Facial Moisturizer 50 ml
Offered by OTCFORYOU
Price: 10.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Greasy, 30 Nov 2012
I had high hopes for this product as it was made especially for your face, however the cream is quite greasy. Which means your face is shiny and you cannot put a powder foundation on top unless you want chuncky bits all over your skin. I will have to go back to the drawing board and find something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 11:24 AM BST