Profile for Mrs. Sonia Weir > Reviews

Mrs. Sonia Weir

Son Of Evil Reindeer
Son Of Evil Reindeer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Beautiful!, 30 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Son Of Evil Reindeer (Audio CD)
I bought this after becoming obessesed with the album of the year Final Straw by Snow Patrol. I love Gary Lightbody's voice and this certainly did not disappoint. Stand out tracks are Cold Water, You are my Joy, Cartwheels. All who took part in this side project are fantastic - more please! The lyrics and melodies are just wonderful.

Final Straw
Final Straw
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars the best album of 2003, 17 Nov. 2003
This review is from: Final Straw (Audio CD)
I read the reviews here after hearing the fantastic Spitting Games on the radio and placed my trust in the reviewers and they were not wrong...every song is perfect and there is not a filler on the whole album. Fantastic! Buy it now!

The Wall: The People's Story
The Wall: The People's Story
by Christopher Hilton

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting, 8 Sept. 2003
After watching Goodbye Lenin I realised how little I knew about the Berlin Wall and decided to read a book that would expand my knowledge and this book did just the job. I found it interesting if a little long winded. I did get annoyed by his "not until 1989" at the end of sentences. A couple of times is fine but after what seemed like the 20th time was a bit boring. Anyway came away more knowledge and that can only be a good thing

Electric Brae
Electric Brae
by Andrew Greig

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful read, 16 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Electric Brae (Paperback)
A few people recommended this book to me and all I can say this is a very beautiful book. Your cared for all the characters and what happens to them, the story was gripping. But most of all the writing style was beautiful and some of the sentences made me want to weep, only because I could relate to what was being said. There are a few pretentious moments but you can disregard them as the rest makes up for it..read it now!

Blood and Champagne: The Life of Robert Capa
Blood and Champagne: The Life of Robert Capa
by Alex Kershaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic and Inspiring read, 13 Jun. 2003
Once you start this book you will not be able to put it down. Fortunately it does not go into too much depth about irrelevant childhood details as most biographies do. Instead it concentrates what mattered to Capa. He saw so many horrific things and watched first hand history in the making and managed to take some amazing photos in the process. This book describes what he was like as a person, he was certainly no saint but you can't help liking him...If you feel like being inspired read this!

On Green Dolphin Street
On Green Dolphin Street
by Sebastian Faulks

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Oct. 2002
After reading Charlotte Gray which was disapointing and then been urged to read Birdsong which was marvellous I was eager to read On Green Dolphin Street and again I was disappointed. The characters were wooden and the love affair between Frank and Mary was unbelievable. The way that Frank answered "sure" to ever question was highly annoying. The most interesting character from the whole book was charlie, there was so much scope to go into his weakness's. Sebastian Faulks is not very good at portraying women. Mary was just to uncomprehensible, maybe that was the point. The last part of the book redeemed it for me thoug, it picked up and made me give it 3 stars as opposed to 1.