Profile for C. Williams > Reviews

Content by C. Williams

C. Williams "Chris W" (Bath, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplest solution to a difficult problem, 28 Aug. 2015
Getting a reliable WiFi signal in all rooms of the house has been next to impossible. I didn't want to go drilling holes and threading cat5 cable every where so I bought these two sets of Powerline adapters. It couldn't be simpler - just plug them in, connect a network cable between PC and adapter and switch on. No drivers required. If you share a property with other users then you can set up encrypted connections between adapters - most people won't need to bother with this. Just about a perfect solution to the problem.

Modern Motorcycle Technology: How Every Part of Your Motorcycle Works (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Massimo Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to know how your motorcycle works rather than just ..., 5 Dec. 2014
Need to know how your motorcycle works rather than just how to take it apart? This is the book for you.

Hi-Tec Eurotrek Waterproof, Men's Hiking Boots, Dark Brown, 9 UK
Hi-Tec Eurotrek Waterproof, Men's Hiking Boots, Dark Brown, 9 UK
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather waterproof boots built down to a price, 13 Jun. 2014
I bought these boots for fishing trips where wellies would be overkill. They have a bellows tongue and keep out water up to 3 or 4 inches deep. The main part of the boot outer is leather but the ankle cuff is made of some sort of plastic. Leather boots always take a while to mould to your feet but after a few fishing trips and walks to the local shops they are softening up nicely and starting to feel quite comfy.
I think you would have to spend much more money to get boots that performed better than these. Well worth it.

A4 Tech KL-5 Mini Slim Compact Keyboard - UK Layout
A4 Tech KL-5 Mini Slim Compact Keyboard - UK Layout
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 13 Jun. 2014
I bought this keyboard to help with the RSI I was suffering in my wrists. This keyboard reduces the amount you have to stretch to reach the mouse. It also frees up some space on the desk. The key layout is better than some other short keyboards I have tried - some don't even have Home or End keys.
The keys feel a bit cheap and make more noise than my old keyboard. On the other hand, this keyboard cost very little money and I think this is very good value for money.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Synonymous with 'e-book reader', 28 Feb. 2014
Amazon have sold millions of these. It's not at all surprising. They make buying and reading ebooks easy.
My only beef is that they won't read 'epub' formatted books - no real problem, just install 'Calibre' and convert to 'mobi'.

12V Yamaha PSR-77 Keyboard replacement power supply adaptor
12V Yamaha PSR-77 Keyboard replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement for a lost original, 28 Feb. 2014
This PSU does exactly what you would expect. It replaces one that we lost. The keyboard performs perfectly with this attached.

Merrell Moab Ventilator, Men's Trekking And Hiking Shoes, Brown (Walnut), 10 UK (44 1/2 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking shoes ever, 28 Feb. 2014
This is my third identical pair of Moabs. Definitely the most comfortable pair of walking shoes I have ever owned. I need a very good reason to wear anything else on my feet.
The only slight issue worth mentioning is that Merrell's sizes seem different to other manufacturers. I normally take a UK size 9 or 9 1/2 but I need 10 in Merrell.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Charge two devices at the same time, 6 Jun. 2010
I have a Tomtom satnav and an iPhone. I wanted to be able to charge both at the same time while driving. This gadget allows you to do just that. It sits neatly in one of the front cup holders of my Ford Focus, plugs into the gigar lighter socket and gives you two 12v sockets and two USB sockets for your gadgets. I can't think of any way it could be improved.
As a bonus, a row of little coloured LEDs show you the state of your car battery and charging system.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 11:04 PM GMT

OP/TECH Pro Strap - Black
OP/TECH Pro Strap - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy camera strap, 6 Jun. 2010
I am not a fan of the straps that come with a new Nikon DSLR. They are gaudy, not very comfortable and are slow to remove.
This OP/Tech strap addresses all these issues. It is subdued and so does not draw too much attention. The stretchy neoprene allows you to carry a camera all day and not suffer neck ache. When you want to set the camera on a tripod then the main part of the strap will detach easily by undoing the plastic click fasteners (which seem very robust).
This is the third strap I have used on my Nikon DSLR and definitely the best.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Small knife, big price, still big value, 6 Jun. 2010
I have owned several Victorinox penknives before. In fact, one that I bought in 1973 is still in use.
I was looking for a knife that was small enough to carry with me always but would still be able to cut open packages, peel fruit, trim and file split fingernails and cut string.
This knife is perfect. Small enough to fit in the watch pocket of a pair of jeans, manufactured to a very high quality and good looking, too. The best always costs a little bit more.

Page: 1 | 2