Profile for Callum Sykes > Reviews

Content by Callum Sykes

Callum Sykes

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B 16GB (2x 8GB) Vengeance DDR3 Memory Module Kit - Blue
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Neommmnnnn is the sound my pc makes, 29 Jun. 2014
Now to all new PC builders, why are you getting 16GB. I mean really. You just want to tell your friend you beat his crumby 8Gb with your unbeatable 16GB. You don't really need it unless you're handling huge files or crazily sized photoshop layouts.
Which I am. And have no regrets, these 16GB beasts handle anything and everything. My other PC building friend bought 32GB of ram. And I hate him because it's really annoying.

Perfect for;
- Handling huge photoshop layouts
- Moving enormous files
- Never worrying about not having enough RAM
- Annoying your friend who has 8GB (Screw you Tam)
- combing your hair

High Speed HDMI Cable v1.4 (2.4 Meter/8 Feet)
High Speed HDMI Cable v1.4 (2.4 Meter/8 Feet)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm., 29 Jun. 2014
There is really no need to spend more than £10 on a HDMI cable, there is 0 difference between those ridiculously expensive ones and this one. It's a great little cable and very stubborn, as it will not twist into small loops, but as I need this to travel a distance between my tower and my screen this works fine. If you need one that will twist into small loops and around small corners this is not what you need. Why is it so stubborn? The cable has a fantastically strong build quality to it.

Corsair Builder Series CXM 500W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU
Corsair Builder Series CXM 500W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keep swimming just keep swimming..., 29 Jun. 2014
To anyone creating a NEW build, and those who are new to this. Are you getting the 500W as it's just enough for what you need? Will you EVER upgrade? If so get the 750W. The corsair modular PSU's are stellar little guys and work excellently.
If you're going to ignore that at least get this modular one so you can easily replace it in the future. I learnt the hard way when I had to replace my non modular one with a modular one. And had to undo hours of cable management ties.

I have a large build and this little guy just keeps chugging along day in day out whilst I render or play high end games. His bigger 750W brother conked out on me and I'm so glad I kept it;s younger 500W brother around as he sits in there now and is as much as I need for my build.

Modular supplies are fantastic for those making a new build. If you ever need to upgrade you can keep your cables where they are and just plug in a large supply or if you thought ahead and got more than you needed you can just add in the necessary cables.

I would advise modular EVERY time as it really does help with your cable management, which isn't just for looks, tidy cables lead to better airflow.

5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml
5 Star Air Duster Can HFC Free Compressed Gas Flammable 400ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Psssttttfffphhlltt, 29 Jun. 2014
Does what it says on the tin, well, Can. Do note though for new users that spraying for more than 10 seconds or so will with ANY compressed air will result in the can cooling and becoming VERY cold as large drops in pressure will make the can very cold. Also the air being sprayed will be very cold too so keep that in mind when spraying your delicate motherboard.
Small bursts is the key.

Draper 46596 Mini Spring Clamp Set (40 Pieces) (Old Version)
Draper 46596 Mini Spring Clamp Set (40 Pieces) (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for model making, 29 Jun. 2014
Although the build quality doesn't feel amazing, these little clamps are perfect for modelling, they're strong but surprisingly gentle and have kept me through 2 years of architecture 2, have had countless friends take my advice and buy some too.

Samsung Series 3 300V5A 15.6 inch Laptop - Blue (Intel Pentium B950 2.1GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM-DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beep boop, 29 Jun. 2014
Needed a new laptop for my girlfriend, searched around for a long time and settled on this little guy. Reminded us of R2-D2 and is now aptly named. Runs nice and fast wen maintained properly and does everything she needs.

WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
WD My Book 2TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 3.0/2.0)
Offered by Value_Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars WD makes excellent drives., 29 Jun. 2014
Bought this to store all my girlfriends films and series on, fantastic little drive and has never broken on her, it can sit running day after day and it'll just keep on spinning. And as a bonus comes with a 3 year warranty which is fantastic!

Finest Belgian Milk Fondue Chocolate Drops 900g
Finest Belgian Milk Fondue Chocolate Drops 900g
Offered by JM POSNER

5.0 out of 5 stars om nom nom nom nom, 29 Jun. 2014
Works perfectly with: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004IKS48S/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_69
We ran out as it was so tasty and were glad this tasted just as good!

Craft Planet 40-Piece 2 Blank A4 Jigsaw Make A Puzzle, White
Craft Planet 40-Piece 2 Blank A4 Jigsaw Make A Puzzle, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Marker pen writes on it well, 29 Jun. 2014
Decided to write a message on the blank puzzle and give it to my girlfriend on our anniversary. She loved the gift an although a little bit cheesy I'm thrilled with the result!

Classic Three Tier Chocolate Fountain - Chocolate Fountain
Classic Three Tier Chocolate Fountain - Chocolate Fountain

4.0 out of 5 stars om nom nom, 29 Jun. 2014
Bought this for my girlfriends 18th, everyone loved it and it's a great little fountain. A bit smaller than I expected but the chocolate was delicious and it's a fantastic little runner. Have to say leave an hour or so to clean it out though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3