Profile for Tablet_Surfer > Reviews

Content by Tablet_Surfer

Tablet_Surfer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Trendworx 1884 Key Finder "myTracker"
Trendworx 1884 Key Finder "myTracker"
Offered by GreatGadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery covers won't stay on properly, 11 April 2014
Once the initial battry runs down for each fob it's very difficult to get the battery covers off and they don't go back on securely. I've had to cellotape them on for now.

When working it's fine for finding the keys but poor design and wouldn't buy again.

Temple of the Winds (The Sword of Truth #4)
Temple of the Winds (The Sword of Truth #4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fourth Installment sets things up nicely for future books, 11 April 2014
I know this is an old series now but I only read the 1st Sword of Truth book about a year ago and was hooked.

I actually thought Blood of the Fold was a little weaker than the first 2 but Temple of The Winds has restored my faith in the series and I found it hard to put down once I got into it.

Some of the villians were a bit telegraphed and I guessed a fair bit of the plotline but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book in anyway. And really liked the multiple streams of plot across the different characters with Nathan, Zedd, Richardand Kahlan all getting plenty of development.

Started book 5 now and hoping they will all be as good as this - great series.

JAMMYLIZARD Brown iTrio Ultra Slim Leather Wallet Smart Case Cover for New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation Released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake Compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and very poor, 27 Mar 2014
We'll it cost me under £5 delivered and I got exactly what I paid for - cheap rubbish.

Shiny PU leather, rough edges, bad stitching, doesn't hold the iPad in place properly and just feels cheap and nasty.

Only has 2 stars due to the throwaway price. Not recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only case you'll need. It does everything., 19 Mar 2014
I'm typing this review using the keyboard that comes with this case and have to say the whole package is just about perfect.

The quality of the case is spot on. It feels substantial and solid but not too heavy even with the keyboard tucked in the back and using it is very simple.

It's the only case I know of that has portrait, landscape and a keyboard in one package. Folding the cover into position is really easy and the iPad feels nice and balanced and you have to apply a lot of force to push it over.

Can't praise this enough. It's the only case I use now as it has everything. Buy it.

Rottner 4504 Brighton Top Loading Steel Post Box - Red
Rottner 4504 Brighton Top Loading Steel Post Box - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cheap letter box but does leaks, 17 Mar 2014
Very good value letterbox and very easy loading and extraction.

Does however leak where the name plate goes on at the front - just have to tape this up to seal top of it and then everything is fine.

Aprt from that it's perfect.

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHOPS: Without Playing a Note
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHOPS: Without Playing a Note

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple advice worth having, 17 Mar 2014
No brainer really - a simple exercise to improve muscle strength.

Trying it out now so will see if it works. Cost so little doesn't matter anyway!

Expower(R) super mini Qi Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 and Goole Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Samsung galaxy S5 note3 S4 S3 note2 and NOKIA Lumia 920 and 820
Offered by Smart techonology

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples, 17 Mar 2014
Plug it in, put the phone on it, charge it up.
Does exactly what it says.

Recommended and cheap too.

The Last Dark (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
The Last Dark (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Donaldson

3.0 out of 5 stars A Trilogy in Four Parts :(, 17 Mar 2014
I read my first Chronicles book in the early 80's and parts one and two are for me still the best fantasy works ever written (personal favourite is The One Tree).

So was hoping that the Final Chronicles would be amazing and in parts they are expect for one blindingly obvious fact - this should have been condensed into a trilogy the same as parts one and two.

IMHO Runes of the Earth and Fatal Revenant were great books and I would have given five stars at this point but Against All Things Ending really disappointed and the series just lost momentum. The Last Dark could have easy been the second part of AATE with some decent editing.

I really hate to mark this down as it's still in parts fantastic but it's obvious a fourth book was created to make money for the publishers and not for plot and narrative reasons.

And the ending - I won't spoil it but I thought it was telegraphed way back and didn't surprise me at all.

In a way glad it's finished as it lost it's way somewhat but still glad I went on the journey and at least have 8 1/2 books that are still worth re-reading.

knomo Premium Leather Molded Case with Organiser section for iPad Air - Black
knomo Premium Leather Molded Case with Organiser section for iPad Air - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case but expensive if you pay full price, 24 Feb 2014
I wanted a nice leather case for my IPad Air and looked around at a few alternatives before buying this mainly because I got my iPad from a well known high street retailer and they had them in stock at the time.

This is a really nice case - nothing special in terms of design as like a lot of other folio type cases it has adjustable positions, magnetic closure etc but mainly as it real quality soft leather and is great to hold/carry. It feels appropriate for an expensive device.

Only drawback I can see is when closed the soft inner material does slightly mark the screen (not scratches but leaves a press smudge mark).

Apart from that I highly recommend it (or it's cheaper folio version which is very similar).

And finally I got mine for £50 as I thought it was the folio case and the retailer didn't know the difference so charged me the lower price! Would I pay £89 for it - probably not as that's a lot but it's miles better than the official Apple smart case for £65.

Apple IPAD AIR WI-FI 32GB 1024 MB 9.7-inch LCD - Space Grey
Apple IPAD AIR WI-FI 32GB 1024 MB 9.7-inch LCD - Space Grey
Offered by FirstDATA

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 weeks with the best tablet in the world (the apps have it), 24 Feb 2014
Well I decided after using Android tablets for a year ish to move over to Apple and get an iPad Air and got mine just after Christmas. Went the John Lewis route due to the 2 year warranty. I'm not an Apple fan particularly - in fact this is currently the only Apple device I have.

And I have to say there's just no comparison with other tablets - yes some others have very good screens now, powerful processers etc etc but nothing else just works seemlessly like the iPad. What matters is the experience using it and here Apple is way ahead. By the way I tried out a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 in John Lewis the other day and sorry apart from a bigger screen the user experience is just poor compared to an iPad.

There is the argument over cost and yes the iPad is expensive but considering the alternatives (Note Pro, Tablet Pro, Sony Tablet Z etc) aren't much cheaper I think it's a no-brainer. Oh and so far to put on all the apps I need day to day from the App store has cost me a whole £3.68!

On the hardware front it's difficult to fault - the screen is perfect and it feels just right for weight. I've put a Knomo case on it to protect it anyway as think if you spend nearly £500 on a device leaving it open to knocks is crazy. No expandable storage is why I went 32GB and yes an extra £80 for 16GB extra is a rip-off but total price is still not significantly more expensive than competitors.

The biggest difference between the iPad and Android tablets is the apps - not numbers as who cares if you've got 1 Billion or 500 million apps - but the difference in quality and usability. A great example of this is my 72 year old mother can use the iPad apps without any help at all but on Android she struggles. The ecosystem for Apple is miles ahead here.

This may change over time - I do expect Android to erode the Apple advantage but there is a massive difference now and if you want the best tablet experience there is just no comparison.

Our laptop at home is gathering dust for internet/email/social media usage - it's totally redundant for these tasks as having a device to just pickup and use that is instantly on and a joy to use is great.

Drawbacks? Well not much to customise is both good and bad - if you are a tinkerer then go Android but I'm fairly technical and I find after a month of playing with a device you quickly settle into 'normal' usage so just having a device that works out of the box exactly as you expect is actually better.

And being Apple connectivity is more locked down (I don't like iTunes!) but I've had no trouble integrating everything with my Nexus 5 Android phone (Not a fan of iPhone 5 - it's just too expensive).

Apart from that I just can't fault it - I really wish I could in one sense as I do wonder how Apple can improve this in future. It's just about perfect for the vast majority of people and I guess that's why it sells in such vast numbers. A big thumbs up from me.

Page: 1 | 2