Profile for Tablet_Surfer > Reviews

Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars It's too good!, 25 Sep 2014
The problem with Breaking Bad is that it is so good.

I love things like Homeland, 24 etc but watching them after this they just seems flat in comparison.

So I'll keep it short and say never seen anything like it and it will be a long time before anything as good as this comes along again.

Cherish this series - it will be remembered as a landmark in television in the future.

Trendworx 1884 Key Finder "myTracker"
Trendworx 1884 Key Finder "myTracker"
Offered by GreatGadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery covers won't stay on properly, 11 April 2014
Once the initial battry runs down for each fob it's very difficult to get the battery covers off and they don't go back on securely. I've had to cellotape them on for now.

When working it's fine for finding the keys but poor design and wouldn't buy again.

Temple of the Winds (The Sword of Truth #4)
Temple of the Winds (The Sword of Truth #4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fourth Installment sets things up nicely for future books, 11 April 2014
I know this is an old series now but I only read the 1st Sword of Truth book about a year ago and was hooked.

I actually thought Blood of the Fold was a little weaker than the first 2 but Temple of The Winds has restored my faith in the series and I found it hard to put down once I got into it.

Some of the villians were a bit telegraphed and I guessed a fair bit of the plotline but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of the book in anyway. And really liked the multiple streams of plot across the different characters with Nathan, Zedd, Richardand Kahlan all getting plenty of development.

Started book 5 now and hoping they will all be as good as this - great series.

JAMMYLIZARD Brown iTrio Ultra Slim Leather Wallet Smart Case Cover for New iPad Air (iPad 5, 5th Generation Released November 1st 2013) with Full Sleep Wake Compatibility
Offered by Purplemoose007

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cheap and very poor, 27 Mar 2014
We'll it cost me under £5 delivered and I got exactly what I paid for - cheap rubbish.

Shiny PU leather, rough edges, bad stitching, doesn't hold the iPad in place properly and just feels cheap and nasty.

Only has 2 stars due to the throwaway price. Not recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The only case you'll need. It does everything., 19 Mar 2014
I'm typing this review using the keyboard that comes with this case and have to say the whole package is just about perfect.

The quality of the case is spot on. It feels substantial and solid but not too heavy even with the keyboard tucked in the back and using it is very simple.

It's the only case I know of that has portrait, landscape and a keyboard in one package. Folding the cover into position is really easy and the iPad feels nice and balanced and you have to apply a lot of force to push it over.

Can't praise this enough. It's the only case I use now as it has everything. Buy it.

Rottner 4504 Brighton Top Loading Steel Post Box - Red
Rottner 4504 Brighton Top Loading Steel Post Box - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cheap letter box but does leaks, 17 Mar 2014
Very good value letterbox and very easy loading and extraction.

Does however leak where the name plate goes on at the front - just have to tape this up to seal top of it and then everything is fine.

Aprt from that it's perfect.

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHOPS: Without Playing a Note
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHOPS: Without Playing a Note

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple advice worth having, 17 Mar 2014
No brainer really - a simple exercise to improve muscle strength.

Trying it out now so will see if it works. Cost so little doesn't matter anyway!

Expower(R) super mini Qi Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 and Goole Nexus 7 II FHD Tablet and Samsung galaxy S5 note3 S4 S3 note2 and NOKIA Lumia 920 and 820
Offered by Smart techonology

5.0 out of 5 stars Simples, 17 Mar 2014
Plug it in, put the phone on it, charge it up.
Does exactly what it says.

Recommended and cheap too.

The Last Dark (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
The Last Dark (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Stephen Donaldson

3.0 out of 5 stars A Trilogy in Four Parts :(, 17 Mar 2014
I read my first Chronicles book in the early 80's and parts one and two are for me still the best fantasy works ever written (personal favourite is The One Tree).

So was hoping that the Final Chronicles would be amazing and in parts they are expect for one blindingly obvious fact - this should have been condensed into a trilogy the same as parts one and two.

IMHO Runes of the Earth and Fatal Revenant were great books and I would have given five stars at this point but Against All Things Ending really disappointed and the series just lost momentum. The Last Dark could have easy been the second part of AATE with some decent editing.

I really hate to mark this down as it's still in parts fantastic but it's obvious a fourth book was created to make money for the publishers and not for plot and narrative reasons.

And the ending - I won't spoil it but I thought it was telegraphed way back and didn't surprise me at all.

In a way glad it's finished as it lost it's way somewhat but still glad I went on the journey and at least have 8 1/2 books that are still worth re-reading.

Page: 1 | 2