Profile for The Picklepea > Reviews

Content by The Picklepea

The Picklepea "Go on..give us a smile :)" (East Midlands, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Girl Next Door: Collector's Edition Screenplay
The Girl Next Door: Collector's Edition Screenplay

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not the book!, 19 Jun 2014
My fault for not spotting this was a screenplay not a story! Still worth a read but will need to purchase the actual book!

Anker® 3200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 III, N9000, N9005 LTE, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery, 19 Jun 2014
Perfect as a spare for my Note 3 when out and about - fits well and lasts a decent length of time.

Perixx PERIMICE-513, Wired Ergonomic Vertical Mouse - 1000/1600 DPI - Natural Ergonomic Vertical Design - Recommended with RSI User

3.0 out of 5 stars I tried!, 28 Oct 2013
I work on PC's all day every day and I wanted to try an ergonomic mouse to help prevent any problems in later life.

This mouse is GREAT value for money!

However I have struggled greatly to get used to this and have gone back to my standard mouse for moment.

You do need large hands to be able to use this mouse comfortably I think...but it may be down to my technique!

NOVA Micr O Tech Mousepad - Black/White
NOVA Micr O Tech Mousepad - Black/White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mousepads, 28 Oct 2013
I use a large NOVA pad for my gaming PC and use a smaller one for my working laptop

Works great with all mice and sticks well to my desk..

Highly recommended!!

Duvet Single Duck Feather and Down 100% Cotton Anti Dust Mite & Down Proof Fabric 15 TOG
Offered by HOMESCAPES

4.0 out of 5 stars Perect for the winter months!, 28 Oct 2013
I feel the cold but this duvet has kept me lovely and warm on the colder nights.

Feels more like a 13.5tog than 15 but does the job well!

Would recommend for those people that are nesh like me!

Yap Rimini Oval Dog Bed, 34"
Yap Rimini Oval Dog Bed, 34"

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted a few days!, 28 Oct 2013
A great size for my large Cockapoo however if you have a dog that has a tendency to chew then dont get this bed!

It was destroyed in a matter of days! Fluff everywhere..I was gutted as this wasn't a cheap dog bed...

If you have a non-chewy pup then this will be an ideal bed as its very soft and looks great!

Adults Waterproof Sole Winter Fleece Lined Wellies Snow Farm Ski Muckert Boots Size UK 2-12
Price: £23.39 - £35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dog walking, 17 Jun 2013
I bought these in August 2012 for dog walking and have used them twice daily since then..

Lasted me well through all the Winter months even the terrible snow we have had. They kept my feet warm and dry on a daily basis.

They have now come to the the end of their life as they have finally started to let water in and they have become a little too loose to walk in.

Pros:
Extremely comfy to walk in provided you wear thick socks
Kept feet warm and dry during the entire autumn, winter and spring months.
Very sturdy with good grip

Cons:
I ordered a size down after reading reviews and I am glad I did - even a size less they are big
STarted to let water in around rubber and fabric

I would order another pair as these are far better than any wellie I have tried for walking the dog!

Vivobarefoot Women's Evo Ii L White/Turquoise Trainer VB210001MWHTTUR1 6 UK, 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good trainer if you are getting into barefoot running/walking, 16 April 2013
I was after a pair of Barefoot trainers for working out in and performing Sports Massage in but that did have separate toes!

These Vivobarefoot trainers are a grey/white colour with nice flasshes of fuscia and blue.

They are incredibly light and like most barefoot type shoes they offer no support for your arches but have excellent grip for walking outside and running. TO be honest I only ever run on the treadmill in these as I am still getting used to them. In the cold weather they were not good at keeping my cold feet warm and as someone who feels the cold this was a problem - and my husband who wears these every day has suffered chillblains for the first time in his 40yrs!

My husband only now wears Vivo trainers and shoes and has no problems with his knees or back and infact his running has improved.

Would recommend as a first pair of barefoot shoes before spending lots of money on some Vibrams etc.

Breil Escape Women's Quartz Watch with Blue Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet TW0978

5.0 out of 5 stars Grabbed a bargain!, 16 April 2013
I have been after a new metal strapped watch for a while and spotted this in the Lightening deals - and with no review I was a little worried.

However I am very pleased with this purchase!

The face is very much a gunmetal grey/blue which I think is more unusual than the standard white/mother of pearl of most ladies quartz watches.

The date function is a must for me and the crystal numbers are make time telling easy and pretty!

I had 4 links taken out and its still on the large size but I dont like my watches very tight. It's not too heavy and the face is a good size for a ladies watch - not too large and cumbersome.

Great watch for the price I got it at :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun AND fitness!, 1 Jan 2011
I have become a fan of Urban Rebounding over the past couple of months and there are no decent fitness DVD's out there for this sport. However Becky from Onesixeight Fitness has bought out one that is 50 minutes of pure bouncing fun.

Its split into 3 parts - 30 minutes cardio, 10 minutes toning (including press-ups!) and 10 minute Ab's and they can be run all together.

The 30 minutes cardio bouncing gets you hot and out of breath and your legs get a great work out too!

It's great to be able to use my rebounder to its full potential at home now and feel motivated with Becky's enthusiasm via the DVD.

I must add - you NEED a mini-trampoline/rebounder to do this DVD!

Page: 1 | 2