Profile for Myvannina > Reviews

Royal Worcester Sails Now On Single Tankard Style Mug
Royal Worcester Sails Now On Single Tankard Style Mug
Offered by Online Kitchenware

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 29 Jun. 2014
I love it! Good quality and reasonably priced. Could be used to hold pens on a desk too. I liked it so much that I bought another one, both as gifts for men. Don't know if they will use it to drink from or to keep their pens in but it doesn't matter because it makes a lovely, good quality gift and was greatly appreciated!

Portmerion Botanic Garden Mini Round Treasure Box - BG76041 - X
Portmerion Botanic Garden Mini Round Treasure Box - BG76041 - X
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty!, 29 Jun. 2014
Very pretty! Turned out to be biggger than I imagined. Makes a lovely, affordable, good quality gift for any lady! I bought three of them for friends and I might get one for myself too later on!

Royal Worcester Fine Bone China Mug - FELT/FLO
Royal Worcester Fine Bone China Mug - FELT/FLO

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty pleased!, 29 Jun. 2014
Pretty mug in a pretty box! Makes an excellent and affordable present any time of the year for mother/sister/daughter/female friend. It is sure to be appreciated!

Aerolite® Super Lightweight Expandable World lightest Suitcase Trolley Cases Bag Luggage (18" 21" 26" 29" 32") (29", Plum)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings!, 29 Jun. 2014
I ordered the 32" two-wheeled expandable Aerolite as well as the matching two-wheeled (non-expandable) 21" cabin size Aerolite. One reviewer pointed out that it is useless to write a review before actually using the suitcases so I took his advice! And I am glad I did! I was initially so pleased with the 32" suitcase that I would have given it 5 stars! I have now given it three - it's okay! Colour: just as illustrated and I am still very pleased with the colour (Plum). However, I was disappointed when I collected the case at baggage reclaim after its very first flight - the frame (the back right hand corner near the telescopic handle) had been dented and the fabric very slightly frayed on the edge of the case. The damage is minor and hardly noticable but it annoyed me! I still like the fabric very much - it is lovely and seemed to be strong stuff - but I doubt that it is really as hard wearing as it is made out to be - the suitcase, after all, comes with a very attractive but baffling ten year guarantee. The guarantee seems totally useless as it does not cover any sort of damage caused to the suitcase by baggage handlers at airports or anywhere else for that matter! I don't think the case would survive ten years of frequent travelling and I can't fathom how one can benefit from the guarantee anyway! But the case should survive one or two return trips a year by plane for a few years. A good point one reviewer made is that a 32" expandable Aerolite will hold a lot more than the 20 kilo limit for European flights. I agree with him but I needed a large suitcase to carry four King size duvets and gifts for friends and family on a short European flight. I filled the case to bursting volume-wise because I had four 4.5 tog King size duvets, some ceramic gifts packed inside them, a thick winter coat, boots and some other clothing. The case, however, weighed less than 20 kilos because duvets are lightweight items. "Normal" holiday contents such as clothes, shoes, toiletries etc would reach the 20 kilo weight limit long before the 32" suitcase would be anywhere near full and certainly there would be no need to use the expanding zip feature! The Aerolite expanding 26" suitcase would certainly be a better option if you are limited to 20 kilos, and possibly for a 32 kilo weight limit too with the expanding zip feature. Wheels: three wheels on my wagon might well be better than one wheel on my wagon if a wheel gets damaged but, even so, I chose the two-wheeled Aerolite as I thought that these wheels would be less likely to get damaged or snapped off somewhere between check-in and baggage reclaim than the type of wheels on the Aerolite four-wheeled version. I am still very happy with this decision as I saw people at the airport with what had once been four-wheeled suitcases. The Pros: it is an attractive suitcase; more importantly, it is wonderfully lightweight so you can pack more stuff into it than you could into a heavier, more solid suitcase if you are goverened by a weight limit; it is expandable allowing you to pack some extra volume; it is delightfully easy to manoeuvre. The Cons: the frame is flimsy so the suitcase could get damaged in transit when crushed by other heavy suitcases or when hurled about by baggage handlers if it is not fully and solidly packed to resist being crushed and hurled about. The suitcase probably woulnd't stand many years of frequent travel if regularly at the mercy of airport baggage handlers! Bottom line: it did its job for me and is worth the price on Amazon (but not worth the full recommended retail price) if you are realistic about the sort of treatment any suitcase might be subjected to at airports. I may give the 26" a try since it is probably the ideal size for filling up to the 20 kilo weight limit on European flights. With regard to the 21" cabin size two-wheeled Aerolite in Plum, I am very happy indeed with my choice and give it five stars although I was intially disappointed by how small it was. It does not expand so you really are limited to how much stuff you can get into it. This is a good thing as it prevents me from repeating the experience of having to pay €55 to Easyjet for having filled an "approved cabin size" expanding case to bursting point! Wheels are included in the measurements so the Aerolite two-wheeled version gives you a bit more packing space than the four-wheeled version! I would not want to put my 21" case in the hold so I think it should easily last ten years of frequent flying!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2016 9:16 PM GMT

Dexter - Season 7 [DVD]
Dexter - Season 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you glued to the screen!, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Dexter - Season 7 [DVD] (DVD)
Every season of Dexter kept me glued to the screen. It is full of surprises as the plot unfolds. At the end of each season I thought it couldn`t get better. But it did. Great series!

Dexter - The Final Season [DVD]
Dexter - The Final Season [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael C. Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, 11 April 2014
I never thought that I could ever enjoy a series with a serial killer as the hero but I was glued to it - and so were my daughter and son-in-law. They couldn`t wait for me to finish a season to pass it on to them! We were all satisfied with the conclusion of the final season. My daughter said that she would watch the whole series again!

Complete Finnish Beginner to Intermediate Course: Book: New edition
Complete Finnish Beginner to Intermediate Course: Book: New edition
by Terttu Leney

1.0 out of 5 stars Teach yourself Finnish with NO audio material..., 10 April 2014
Extremely disappointed with this book. It does not come with supporting audio CDs and I have not been able to find them to buy them separately. A total waste of money!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2016 11:19 AM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best facial moisturizer cream ever!, 22 Mar. 2013
Having tried umpteen expensive skin creams (including a hydrolized marine collagen skin cream with great customer reviews) I am now convinced that Timeless Skin by St. Ives is the best facial moisturizer cream ever! So is my daughter! People always comment on my beautiful complexion after using it so it must do something! The only sting in the tail, to quote someone else who reviewed this product, is the P&P.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 11:17 AM GMT

Salter Electronic Jug Scale
Salter Electronic Jug Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Mar. 2013
Before ordering these kitchen scales I read all the reviews and was as pleased with this item as all the other customers! Only snag would be for those with very poor vision or partially sighted like my mother because the g for grammes, oz for ounces, ml for millilitres, fl.oz for fluid ounces are tiny symbols in the corner of the display indicating the unit of measurement selected. People with poor vision would have to look very closely indeed to check the unit of measurement selected. However, the quantity of liquid or dry food being weighed or measured is very clear. I love these scales and would recommend them to all my friends with good vision!

St Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Jar 283 g/10 oz
St Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Jar 283 g/10 oz
Offered by WOW WEE

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Stuff, 12 Jun. 2012
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Invigorating 295 mlExcellent product! Lovely, natural, delicate smell. Excellent value for money. Love using it!My daughter loves it too. Will definitely re-order, both for myself and my daughter.Thoroughly recommend!