Profile for robert baker > Reviews

robert baker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Best of Voivod [Explicit]
The Best of Voivod [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars I already have all the albums so this was perfect for my iphone, 13 July 2015
I already have all the albums so this was perfect for my iphone. I've been a fan since 1986 and I this comp is perfect for me cos it covers tracks from War and Pain to Angel Rat. A good blend of influence within a heavy metal framework.

Farmyard Stomp (Again)
Farmyard Stomp (Again)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a track to have a good laugh to, 29 Jun. 2015
It's a track to have a good laugh to. I don't like many novelty songs but this one makes me laugh. If it can make someone like me chuckle then it's gotta be good.

The Manson Family [DVD]
The Manson Family [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marcelo Games
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film and as close to the actual events as ..., 13 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Manson Family [DVD] (DVD)
Good film and as close to the actual events as possible my empathy is with the victims and their families .how they were killed was terrible and cruely inhuman . This film shows that and doesn't put Manson and his mindless automatons in a good light. None of them should be released and this film explains why. I think the soundtrack should of been more variated to other artists or musicians as well as Phil Anselmo and his 10 thousand projects but a good film about a little despicable manipulator and his mindless followers.

Tau Cross
Tau Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is fantastic! I can't stop playing it this album and ..., 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Tau Cross (MP3 Download)
This album is fantastic! I can't stop playing it this album and the new Drudkh and Leviathan albums are really the standout albums of 2015. It's like they took Amebixs "Arise" and gave it a bloody good boost. If you are a fan of extreme metal or Metal/Punk this album is a must! Top marks!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Return Of Darkness And Evil
The Return Of Darkness And Evil

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 May 2015
This is black metal if you don't like bathory you are not a black metal fan!

The Saga of Hawkwind
The Saga of Hawkwind

5.0 out of 5 stars ... truly informative book on this legendary band I particularly enjoyed the parts of the Lemmy years it's a shame ..., 17 Mar. 2015
A truly informative book on this legendary band I particularly enjoyed the parts of the Lemmy years it's a shame that so many people who've been in this band have made things difficult for Dave Brock but fortitude to the guy for sticking to his guns!

The Right Stuff
The Right Stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars C ' Mon how can you review the fantastic Hawkwind they are beyond criticism a most original band ..., 1 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Right Stuff (MP3 Download)
C ' Mon how can you review the fantastic Hawkwind they are beyond criticism a most original band just spectacular.

The Gates
The Gates

5.0 out of 5 stars uk black metal, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Gates (MP3 Download)
I'm just going to say excellent. I spend a lot of time listening to black metal, it's fantastic we have a great ukbm band in Britain to stand along the Norwegian Black Metal scene and the usbm wave . Black metal music is felt and that's down to the listener and should not be debated.

The Isolationist
The Isolationist

5.0 out of 5 stars krieg, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Isolationist (Audio CD)
I truly think the third wave of black metal is been ruled in the USA, wittr, agalloch, xasthur and krieg! Krieg really tap into that cold feel of Black metal, taking Venom, Bathory and Celtic Frost influences and making it their own so many twists and turns in their compositions without loosing the core of this artform. If you think Shinning are dark, then Krieg will truly shatter that illusion.

Xasthur
Xasthur

5.0 out of 5 stars isolation, 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Xasthur (Audio CD)
This one is definitely Loner Black Metal the real stand out track is the Instrumental the circle style necro riff crawls up your spine into your brain making you focus with new eyes. As well as the Burzum comparison I do feel there is a ambient industrial feel to this artist and some of the riffs do remind me a little of the experimental avant garde type phrasing of Robert Fripp and Sonic Youth . In a nutshell a dynamic album where the contrasting music complements each other.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4