Profile for R > Reviews

Content by R

R (BEWDLEY, United Kingdom)

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation, 11 Mar 2013
I have an obsession with buying recipe books, in fact I recently cleared out 35 to my local charity shop.
This book, however, is probably the first to show me that I simply do not use either enough or a wide enough range of herbs, spices and flavourings in my cooking normally. I have been a vegetarian for 32 years and over that time have dabbled in veganism for health reasons but wanted to become excited about food agin. Its really easy to get stuck in a rut of feeding the family after a working day and taking the leftovers for lunch next day.
I now make batches of soups, stews, curries from this book and take them out the freezer with a thrill. Food that tastes amazing and is super healthy. I often combine two dishes at lunch, warmed up in the microwave at work, and still know I'm not pigging out but eating masses of flavoursome, nutrient rich gems. Thank you for re-kindling my enjoyment of all things foodie.

A Monster Calls
A Monster Calls
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A monster calls, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: A Monster Calls (Kindle Edition)
Harrowing and beautiful in equal measure. This was our book club choice and left many of us feeling numb. It covers the turmoil and anger a boy faces as his mother dies. One to read when you are feeling strong about living with those dying of cancer.