Profile for S. Jabbar > Reviews

How To Be Your Own Bodyguard
How To Be Your Own Bodyguard
Price: 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 1 Nov 2011
After reading countless books on self defence/self protection over the years I wasn't expecting to find anything new in this book. But I'd thought I'd give it a punt because I'd heard good things about the author and I wanted to try out this new Kindle thingy.

I am glad to say I was wrong. This book is a definite must read for people interested in practical self protection.

Four Shades of Black: The Traditional Path to Building The Complete Fighter
Four Shades of Black: The Traditional Path to Building The Complete Fighter
by Gavin Mulholland

5.0 out of 5 stars Not jsut for Karate guys, 8 May 2008
A superb book that explains how to train a complete beginner to a competent fighter using traditional Karate methods; and it's not just for Karate guys either. I'm a Ju Jitsu instructor and I'm already incorporating allot of the thoughts and processes from the book into my own teaching and training.

Great stuff, I can't recommend it enough.

Waking Dragons: A Martial Artist Faces His Ultimate Test
Waking Dragons: A Martial Artist Faces His Ultimate Test
by Goran Powell
Price: 4.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a book for Martial Artists, 19 July 2006
What I really liked about this book was the author's honesty. His journey in the Martial Artists contains universal truths that will be familiar to us all. If you have a faced any kind of adversity in your life (real or imagined) the doubts and fears the author expresses so eloquently in this book will be familiar. His choice to confront these doubts and fears head on is truly inspiring. And it was a choice, he could have just as easily hidden from them (superficially it would have been the easier option) instead he chose to put himself in the `hard path' to self discovery.

One final thing this book is extremely well written, the author is a professional writer and it shows.