Profile for C. Graham > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Under the Dome
Under the Dome
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Slightly different to TV Series. Couldn't put it down., 30 April 2014
This review is from: Under the Dome (Paperback)
Big fan of the TV series but never really been in to Stephen King. Gave this a go and glad I did. The book is slightly different to the TV series. It is a lot more darker and has rapes and murders that are not in the TV series. There is also contact with the outside world both to and from that is not in the TV series. Overall though it is the same story. A dome appears trapping a town. A minor politician, Jim Rennie, uses this to his advantage to become more powerful by using the citizens fear and whipping the fear up. He is also involved with other town officials with a large scale operation which in the book has very devastating results.

The copy I brought was over 850 pages and I was not sure I would read it all. However as soon as I started reading I was hooked. Reading the book happened to be the same time as some nice weather and time off. I read the whole book over 3 days and could not put it down which is rare for me.

Overall I would recommend this. Especially if you are a fan of the TV series. This has a slightly different spin than the TV series and well worth a read.

Febreze Clip-on Car Air Freshener Starter Kit New Zealand, 2 ml
Febreze Clip-on Car Air Freshener Starter Kit New Zealand, 2 ml
Offered by USAVEUK FREE UK DELIVERY FAST DISPATCH

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, stylish and makes the car smell great., 28 Nov 2013
I have recently started using these air fresheners. I prefer the clip on to the air vent types to other types of car air fresheners. However Until recently I found that I am forever picking them from under my seat as they fly off because something catches on them. However as these ones are compact they do not get caught on anything and somehow looks quite good on the car air vent. New Zealand is my favourite smell. I also like the green colour of it. There are other scents such as Blossom and breeze and cotton fresh. They should last a month but you increase or decrease the amount being released as you need it. Overall I can recommend these air fresheners for your car and are far better design and smell wise than similar products.

Vet in Green Pastures
Vet in Green Pastures

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and gentle but also gripping and funny., 26 Nov 2013
Stuck at my Mum's with nothing to read, started reading a Readers Digest with abridged novels. Began reading the abridged version and enjoyed it so much stopped reading and brought full length novel. This story follows a vet from university including work experience and his first job as a vet. Varied from budgies and dogs to bulls and sheep. The author keeps things simple and explains anything you wouldn't understand without being a vet. The story is very gentle and lovely but at the same time is funny in places and a page turner. There is not much in the way of seat of your pants drama but even basic animal drama keeps you involved and carry on reading. I really do recommend this book as it is a really nice read and a break from sex and drugs that most books seem to be about.

Absolute Beginner's Guide to Launching an EBay Business (The Absolute Beginner's Guide)
by Michael Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Basic and for USA readers., 27 July 2013
This had good reviews so I decided to give it a go. Sadly most of it is for USA readers and much of it is not really relevant. There are some good sections and advice such as having a posting schedule that suits you not your customers and setting up your space. However the rest of it is pretty useless if you are UK based.

Eddie Stobart - Trucking Songs
Eddie Stobart - Trucking Songs

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure all of these are trucking songs but good selection., 27 July 2013
Good selection of music of old and more recent tunes. Good to have on in the car. Some tunes seem to only be on it as they have truck/travelling in the title. I mean Leonard Cohen is not the kind of music you want on as you speed down the motorway!

Garden Beach Umbrella Parasol Sun Shade Dolphin Design 1.6m
Garden Beach Umbrella Parasol Sun Shade Dolphin Design 1.6m

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 27 July 2013
For occasional use this is great. Its cheaply made but surprisingly better than you think it will be. It holds up in a breeze and does it job.

King Fisher 8L High Pressure Sprayer 40 PSI
King Fisher 8L High Pressure Sprayer 40 PSI
Offered by Topnotchsales

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a power wash but good at watering the plants., 27 July 2013
Stick to death of hoses that kink and stop working I brought this to wash the car and water the plants. It does this job but I am not sure in what world it is a high pressure sprayer. You fill with water through the wide top and then close it up and pump away at the handle. Pump it full of water and you get a stream that will travel about 3 or 4 feet. There are various attachments like a brush, a stream and for mist. It is good for what I need but if you are looking for a cheap jet wash you will be very disappointed.

by Christopher Buckley

5.0 out of 5 stars Different to the film, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Thank You for Smoking (Paperback)
I love the film of this book and after watching it decided to get the book. The book is different in some ways to the film and the kidnapping pans out different and takes up more of the story. Like the film you feel empathy for the character whose job it is to basically encourage people to smoke and deny the people who say it is bad for you. If you liked the film this is well worth a read and if you haven't seen the film I still recommend it as it is a very good book.

POOP SCOOP GRABBER LIGHTWEIGHT PET POOPER SCOOPER DOG HYGIENE USE WITH A BAG NEW
Offered by DIY & Homewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality and works very well., 27 July 2013
Due to disability I find it difficult to bend over to pick up after my dog. I decided to buy a pooper scooper to help with this. I did not like the idea of picking it up directly with the scooper and wanted one you could fit a bag on. Putting a bag on this at first is quite fiddly and difficult to get the knack of. However once you master it then its very easy. The scoop part is very strong and responds quickly to the handle. Its quite lightweight and can sit outside. I am glad I got this one rather than spending double the money on another. It can also be used without a bag and rinsed off as the scoop bit is hard plastic.

Mack The Life
Mack The Life
by Lee Mack

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Don't get the psychiatrist bits, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mack The Life (Hardcover)
I am a huge Lee Mack fan so my wife brought me this for Christmas. The book doesn't really delve too much into his family or really into his personal life that much. It concentrates on his career path that took in golf, horse racing and holiday camps. It also concentrates on his attitude to comedy and how he produces his sitcom Not Going Out and how he develops his stand up.
However in between the chapters is a script of him with a psychiatrist. I didn't really get this bit. I am not sure if it suppose to be a joke. If he did really go and see a psychiatrist or what it was suppose to really achieve or say. To be honest half way through the book I had got so bored reading these bits I skipped them. Its a shame as this is a really interesting and good read and would have got 5 stars. He also falls into the trap of trying to make a joke out of things to the point on some occasions you struggle to know if he is being serious or joking.
His writing prose is as if he is with you and it would be interesting to see him write a full length novel.
If you are a fan of Lee Mack, enjoy Not Going Out or just interested in comedians and the comedy world in general I would recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3