Profile for J Rose > Reviews

Vehicles & Animals
Vehicles & Animals
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars What! A cheerful British band?, 18 Aug. 2003
This review is from: Vehicles & Animals (Audio CD)
I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I first listened to this, but I am impressed. I actually had flirted with getting this album, but hadn't and forgot about it. Then it got the mercury prize nomination and I decided to go ahead, and what an album!
It is the perfect album to cheer you up after a long day, and every song honestly could be a single. I think my favourite song is Westside just for that infectious chorus! I quite like New Project also because the lyrics are funny and sad at the same time.
I agree with a previous reviewer that this won't win the Mercury prize but it's a very enjoyable album (and I don't give 4 stars easily).

Since I Left You
Since I Left You

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 28 July 2001
This review is from: Since I Left You (Audio CD)
This is definitely the best album I've bought this year. Frontier Psychiatrist is just hilarious and brilliant at the same time, but there are also some more chilled out songs like their first single, Since I Left You, which is fantastic. Other favourite tracks, other than the two singles, are Live at Dominoes, and Extra Kings.