Profile for Chris Rust > Reviews

Content by Chris Rust

Chris Rust (Sheffield, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White
Panasonic SD-2500 WXC Automatic Breadmaker with Gluten Free Program, White

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the same old Panasonic breadmaker that everybody loves., 23 Nov. 2014
Don'e be deceived by the glamorous new looks and promotional blurb listing lots of features. This is the same old Panasonic breadmaker you know and love. Slightly different control layout but it all works the same and the non-stick coating on the paddle and tin seem to have been upgraded to something more durable (the old stuff peeled soon enough).

Following advice from other reviewers I've taken to smearing a little oil on the paddle before use in the hope that it will protect the non-stick coating.

Our first was dropped and broke after many years of good service so that was out fault, the second came down with arthritis after a few years, something sticking in the mechanism. Let's hope this one lasts longer.

Soundlab Table Fixing Microphone Gooseneck Mount., Black
Soundlab Table Fixing Microphone Gooseneck Mount., Black

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a clamp, it clamps! but being steel you can also..., 23 Nov. 2014
It's a clamp! it clamps. But actually I bought it to convert to an adaptor for a speaker that has a microphone stand fixing. So I removed the 6mm clamp screw and screwed in the 6mm thingy from the top of my speaker stand. Then I put the steel channel in a vice and bashed it till the top flange was the right angle to support my sloping monitor speaker more or less level. Great result. Steel is great, you can bash it bend it and it still has its strength. (The speaker was a Behringer 205D active monitor with built in mixer which makes just about the most compact PA unit you can buy)

Panasonic DMR-EX86EB-K DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus
Panasonic DMR-EX86EB-K DVD Recorder with 320GB HDD and Freeview Plus

3.0 out of 5 stars Single tuner!!! What's that about?, 23 Nov. 2014
It never occurred to me that this was a single tuner product. So you can't record two programmes at once or watch one and record another. Because that's such a standard feature I never looked to see if this had it. We kept it because it's the only affordable HDD/DVD recorder and we wanted to archive favourite movies or music videos (so many great historic music programmes on BBC4).

But the interface is nowhere near as nice as our old Humax recorder, the computer industry has become expert at producing clean, easy to understand interfaces for complex products, why are so many audiovisual products cluttered and messy, ugly and hard to read? No wonder young people prefer the internet to TV.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2014 10:00 AM GMT

BWT KS34I00F00 water+more Bestcup M Lime Filter Cartridge
BWT KS34I00F00 water+more Bestcup M Lime Filter Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money compared to other suppliers, 23 Nov. 2014
Good value, a lot cheaper than buying from the maker of my espresso machine

Brompton Bag B With Frame Bar Bag -
Brompton Bag B With Frame Bar Bag -
Offered by Pedals Cycle Centre

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, back-breaking and it bent, 23 Nov. 2014
I've used a basic soft case (the B&W or Carradice cases are typical) for flying with my Brompton for many years but I bought one when airline rules changed to penalise more than one hold bag. This is big enough to carry the Brompton and your clothes if you pack carefully and the wheels make it easier to manage (That's what I thought anyway)

In practice it was horrible. The layout of wheels and handle are impossible for me as a medium height man, just gave me backache and arm ache and made wheeling it more than a few yards quite painful. We've had excellent trolley cases on the market for years, how did Brompton get this so wrong?

Then the rigid base of the case bent just at the point where the Bike's own trolley wheels were applying weight, after wheeling it around a bit over a few normal bumps and the airport baggage handlers had thrown it around.

So a rubbish product, not up to the usual high standard one expects from Brompton and Rsadical Designs (the actual makers of the bag. Maybe they only employ tall men who would not experience the bent arm/raised shoulder strain that this puts on a shorter person.

Samson STUDIO GT 40 Watt Studio Monitor with Integrated Audio Interface, USB Interface

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price I'm completely satisfied. Doing recordings of acoustic music (voice, 22 Oct. 2014
Bought these as part of the Samson recording kit with the CO1 mic. For the price I'm completely satisfied. Doing recordings of acoustic music (voice, guitar clarinet) and the quality is brilliant, Hook up to your PC, install the bundled Cakewalk software, plug in the mic and it all works. Monitor quality is really good, easy control of inputs headphones and monitor. Everything you want for a home studio. After two weeks of use I'm very happy and would recommend this as a very affordable home recording kit.

The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden
The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts well, 15 Oct. 2014
After a while it all starts to feel a bit contrived. The early part in South Africa was really engaging and thought-provoking but when the action moved to Sweden it felt like a desperate attempt to make a boring provincial country sound interesting.

Asus X102BA 10.1-inch Touchscreen Laptop (Pink) - (AMD A4 1200 1.0GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home)
Offered by ILGS - I Love Going Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent very compact laptop., 15 Oct. 2014
Great little computer, I use it for general use on the road and as a portable recording studio (with a Samson interface kit etc). I've had quite a lot of small laptops including Vaio and Dell and this one is great value and works well for everything I've needed.

Velcro VEL-EC60253 10mm x 5m Brand Reusable Ties - Black
Velcro VEL-EC60253 10mm x 5m Brand Reusable Ties - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Always have a pack to hand!, 15 Oct. 2014
Ideal for making your own ties, I use it for bicycle touring stuff and electronics, always have a pack to hand.

King of Flash 220gsm 210x297mm ICE A4 High Professional Inkjet Photo Duo-Matte Paper (50 Sheets)
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for high quality double sided colour printing, 15 Oct. 2014
Great value material, I use it for brochures, flyers and other stuff that needs a heavy material (it's a very lightweight card) and good quality colour print on both sides. Looks and feels like ordinary white card but the print quality is really excellent, use matt photo or high resolution paper settings on your printer. It's around half the price of the cheapest alternative (Staples own brand brochure paper) and just as good for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13