Profile for G. Sperring > Reviews

Content by G. Sperring

G. Sperring (South West of England)

Page: 1 | 2
Floral Quilts from Grandma's Cupboard
Floral Quilts from Grandma's Cupboard
by Blackhurst M.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love every quilt in it, 8 May 2015
I received this book very promptly. I just love every quilt in it. These quilts just don't date. They are beautiful and fresh. there is a snug factor about them which makes you want to make them. I will certainly make one (maybe 2) of them and have started gathering fabrics.
I can see them in any interior , lounge or bedroom.
Has Grandma any more of these quilts in her cupboard?

Applique Art: Freehand Machine-Embroidered Pictures (The Textile Artist)
Applique Art: Freehand Machine-Embroidered Pictures (The Textile Artist)
by Abigail Mill
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, 11 April 2015
A lovely book with lots of photographs and good explanations.
It inspired me to do a beach hut scene. Scraps of fabric lace and organza will do. Once you start your imagination will run away from you.
My next project is do use some pictures for little postcards. I keep looking at it wondering what I will do next.
The technique is not difficult. I tried it first with a piece of scrap and was quickly away.

All These Blocks are Geese
All These Blocks are Geese
by Mary Sue Suit

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic on a patchworker's shelf, 14 Aug. 2014
A friend of mine bought this book years ago and I always wanted a copy. This book should be a classic on any patchworker's shelf. Marie Sue Suit's way to do flying geese is innovative and time saving. The book is packed with ideas. The instructions are clear and easy to follow

Poupées de chiffon & Cie
Poupées de chiffon & Cie
by Karine Thiboult

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to make, 15 May 2014
I bought this book in France for a lot more. The doll is easy to make. There are lots of clothes to choose from. the patterns don't need enlarging and easy to trace with baking paper.
It is very safe for a child to play with and provide hours of fun.

Disney Elsa From Frozen 20" Soft Toy Doll
Disney Elsa From Frozen 20" Soft Toy Doll

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy granddaughter, 14 May 2014
Bought it for my granddaughter's birthday. It arrived within 3 days so very pleased with delivery. Well packaged so that the postman couldn't squeeze it through the letter box.
Good quality toy and well made.
Good value for money.
A happy customer.

Pronto Changing Canvas Bag by Skip Hop stripes
Pronto Changing Canvas Bag by Skip Hop stripes

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's handbag, 7 Dec. 2013
Bought on the recommendation of my daughter in law for a friend's new grand child. It is small and compact for short trips. It contains everything you need to change baby's nappy wherever you are.

De Buyer 1968.01 Moul ' Flex Silicone Baking Mould - 8 Bordelais Fluted Cakes, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars delicious cannelés, 28 Mar. 2013
Received the silicone mould ahead of estimated delivery date. I discovered the cannelés whilst in France and was told they are easy to make. I was surprised to see that Amazon stocked the silicone moulds. I followed the recipe supplied with the mould and I was delighted when they came out of the oven.
They were all eaten in one sitting. Will try the madeleine mould next.
Four stars because the quality is of the silicone is not as good as the 20 cannelés mould. But the silicone option makes it very easy to take the canneles out and there is minimum washing afterwards.

The Ship of Brides
The Ship of Brides
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars a story of love and determination, 19 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Ship of Brides (Hardcover)
The best book I have read this year. Though based on a true story and fictionalised it is gripping. It shows the courage and determination that these young brides had in times of war to sail half way round the world to join their husbands. I wanted the book to carry on and follow the lives of the brides after the war.
I subsequently went on to read "Swing by sailor" which is more of a journal than a novel.

USB to RS232 - USB Converter Cable
USB to RS232 - USB Converter Cable
Offered by GOMARK

1.0 out of 5 stars caused cursor arrow to jump!, 12 Jun. 2012
I couldn't not install software to link up my laptop to my Bernina Sewing machine.
The driver didn't install, no matter how many times I tried. It eventally caused the cursor arrow to jump when the USB lead was connected.

Complete Handbook of Garden Plants
Complete Handbook of Garden Plants
by Michael Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars A need for any garden lovers., 11 Jan. 2011
I bought this book as it was recommended to me by a friend. This pocket size compendium is easy to carry around when you are looking at a garden plants. It has over 500 pages and most of them are plates illustrating more than 2500 plants. The texts and illustrations are side by side and checked by experts. The plants are grouped into sections and it is easy to find what you are looking for.
I bought this book second hand. It arrived promptly and the condition was excellent. Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2