Profile for dfwsantoro2 > Reviews

"dfwsantoro2"

Today
Today

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Under-rated Elvis Album, 3 May 2003
This review is from: Today (Audio CD)
There are few albums i listen to without skipping a track but this one is so good that all you have to do is sit back and listen. Vocally Presley is fantastic - from songs such as the fast T-R-O-U-B-L-E or the slow Pieces Of My Life, he carries it off superbly. I think this version of Green, Green Grass Of Home not only matches but betters Tom Jones' version. With much more emotion and strength in his voice. I can see that maybe it wasnt the right choice of songs for the average music fan in 1975. But for Elvis fans i fail to see how its been so overlooked.

Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Why He Is The King, 2 Nov 2002
This is (in my opinion) better than the original New York release 'As Recorded At Madison Square Garden'. Which is a good performance in itself, but generally the clearness and strength of Elvis' voice is far better here. Such performances as 'Proud Mary' 'Reconsider Baby' and 'For The Good Times' are some of my favourite on the CD. But my favourite above all is this version of 'An American Trilogy', his voice is so powerful and is filled with emotion. Elvis does his regular pitch of Hound Dog, Heartbreak Hotel, Blue Suede shoes etc...
But one of main things which make this a fantastic concert is the crowd. The audience are absolutley electric and Elvis handles them (as usual) in perfect style. I haven't heard alot of concerts from '72 but from what ive seen and heard, this has to be the best from the whole year. I wonder wheather some of the acts around today could perform like this on stage consistantly, i seriously doubt it.
In my opinion...better than Hawaii '73.

Price: 6.78

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Live Performer Ever, 26 Oct 2002
But one of main things which make this a fantastic concert is the crowd. The audience are absolutley electric and Elvis handles them (as usual) in perfect style. I haven't heard an alot of concerts from '72 but from what ive seen and heard, this has to be the best from the whole year. In my opinion...better than Hawaii '73.