Profile for Supposed Wonderment > Reviews

Content by Supposed Wonde...

Supposed Wonderment (Spokane, WA USA)

Kingdom - Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Kingdom - Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars American Reliant On British Humor And Wit, 18 July 2008
I need Series Two. Please Amazon.co.uk, pass the word--the demand--to whomever releases this DVD. I rely on British drama and comedy to tickle my wickle. I've purchased many programs, and I suffer the wait for those Complete Series. For example: Absolute Power Series 2; Kingdom Series 2; Lead Balloon Series 2; Annually Retentive Series 2. The list continues. These are potential sales and big bucks considering for me the U.S. Dollar is half the British Pound's value. Help me. Our programming doesn't equal yours. Britain is far superior in humor, wit, dialogue, vocabulary, and generally thinking before speaking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2009 1:27 PM GMT

Lead Balloon : Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD]
Lead Balloon : Complete BBC Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack Dee

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's The Series Two DVD?, 18 July 2008
I live in the United States and I'm dependent on British humor to satisfy my funny tooth. I need vocubulary, dialogue, and wit. I'm waiting for 'Lead Balloon Series 2'.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2008 9:58 PM BST

Doc Martin: Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Doc Martin: Series 1 [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Martin Clunes

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy series 1 & 2 complete and order series 3. This show is brilliant., 29 Oct. 2007
This program is brilliant acting, brilliant cast, brilliant writing. I thank you so much everyone involved in the making of this fine program. You can't get drama with humor, suspense, romance and acting talent in America. I should know. I've grown here watching manure for T.V. I love the writers and their use of the English language in the U.K. Can anyone recommend more shows as beautifully entertaining as Doc Martin starring Martin Clunes and Kingdom starring Stephen Fry? I'd appreciate it. I found Hamish Macbeth series 1 through 3 fun as well. Monarch of the Glen is like Hamish in that there's good writing and new predicaments each episode. They kept me glued to the screen. The best actors are British.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2008 11:47 AM BST

I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 2 [2003] [DVD] [1997]
I'm Alan Partridge : Complete BBC Series 2 [2003] [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Coogan is Phenomenal - Thank You For the Humor, 22 Sept. 2007
I just received this and I've watched only two episodes, which are well written. Before selecting an episode, my girlfriend and I laughed for 20 minutes at the superbly funny Alan screen-saver. I won't describe it and ruin the hilarity of it for you. Just buy it.

Dynamite
Dynamite
Offered by Giant Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Blissful Sounds for Bliss Hungry Ears, 1 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Dynamite (Audio CD)
This man has thankfully introduced the world to music inspired from one's soul. Jason Kay sings with emotion. His vocal work is beyond comprehension for the mere mortal because of his limitless golden timbre. I am inspired, I am intrigued, I am humbled. His balladic songwriting is melodic. His intricacies of sound interweave the gray matter, that being the listener's brain or also the murkiness of personal solitude, because this music will uplift and rescue you from those despondent dowdy doldrums one too often delves toward despairingly. If you want music which is like a flowing river of honey, strawberries & cream then yes is a wise decision upon asking oneself: Shall I purchase this disc of compact though contentually satisfying proportion?