Profile for Mr. G. Brammah > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. Brammah

Mr. G. Brammah "Greg" (Barnoldswick)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 8 and Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth Compatible)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Windows 8, 13 Jun 2014
I recently acquired a logitec Bluetooth mouse, without it's usb adapter. This little device sorted the problem just by plugging in and waiting for the drivers to finish installing. A quick trip to the Bluetooth devices search screen to add the mouse and a pair of headphones, I usually use with my phone, and everything works perfectly.

Highly recommended for a very small outlay.

Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good general purpose security suite, 9 Jun 2014
I've tended to use security suites as a bit of a general purpose first line. I then back that up with periodic scans from other online sources and also a resident malware byter :-) . I've used Kaspersky, Symantec and F-Secure in the past. Kaspersky is too heavy on my system and slows it down too much, but seems rock solid in keeping the baddies at bay. Symantec was very light on system resources but couldn't catch a cold during a flu pandemic. F-secure was somewhere in between, it didn't seem to miss much but was a bit heavier in use on my system than Symantec's offering. I've been running Bitdefender, trial and full product for a few months now and It seems generally very good, it's doesn't bog down my system and it hasn't let anything through the back door, yet. My other scanners almost always come back with a clean bill of health - nothing to do.

My primary system is quite old (7 years) now but has plenty of RAM and Fast SSD's on board. If anything is a processor hog it soon begins to chug, Bitdefender uses around 275MB of ram during idle and up to around 295MB when scanning on my Q6600 2.4GHZ quad core it maxes out at around 26% CPU utilization when doing a system scan and 22% when doing a quick scan.

I'd highly recommend this product to inexperienced users. It doesn't nag with loads of questions about "allow?" this and "Should I stop that?" it just gets on with the job behind the scenes and appears to do it very well. Of-course no security product can catch everything and the various vendors are always playing catch-up with the bad boys out there, but this is product is, judging by various reviews and my own experience, right up there with the best of them. (Might be the best at the moment).

There are various other bits and pieces that might prove useful bundled with the suite, that I don't use. A security locker for files you want to keep safe and protected (If you know what you're doing a similar facility is built in to the Windows OS anyway, A password store that's much more secure than the one in your browser. This is probably okay, but I use another product, so that I'm not tied to Bitdefender or any other security product next year should I decide to change. There's also a registry cleaner and defragger.

Highly recommended

Keep Calm and Carry On
Keep Calm and Carry On

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Keep Calm and Carry On (Audio CD)
I've found that lately I'm becoming a bit of a Stereophonics fan, so I suppose I'm a little biased here, but I really enjoyed this album. My all time favourite is probably "Graffiti on a Train" probably followed by "Performance and Cocktails". Having listened to this album a few times now, I think it's right up there with those two.

Hahnel Unipal Plus Universal Battery Charger
Hahnel Unipal Plus Universal Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all purpose charger, 9 Jun 2014
This product is perfect for replacing all those separate chargers, designed for camera battery "x" and phone battery "y". It also has a USB out for charging phones and Kindles etc, via USB. I also use it for charging the double AA batteries used in my Flash - Unfortunately it only charges two of those at a time (My flash takes four). It gives a nice little readout of percentage charged via the little screen on the right. For me this is the perfect travel companion as it reduces the travel weight and baggage, plus a reduction in all those plugs and leads I'd have to carry for each of my other chargers. Now all I need is this charger, one USB micro lead and one USB mini.

Blood Like Lemonade
Blood Like Lemonade

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth sumptuous vocals, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Blood Like Lemonade (MP3 Download)
Any Morcheeba album with Skye Edwards in lead vocals sounds great to me. Really enjoyed the whole album, I cannot identify any particular stand-out tracks. Too busy chillin' :-)

Patuoxun® Magnetic Charger Charging Adapter Cable Converter For Sony Xperia Z1 L39h /Xperia Z Ultra XL39h-Black
Offered by Patox

1.0 out of 5 stars Only worked Twice, 13 April 2014
It seemed great when I first received it and then after a couple of overnight charges it stopped connecting and the magnet seems to have weakened massively. The only way I can make it charge the phone is to push the contacts quite forcefully onto the phone's contacts. Basically it's a useless item that's headed for the round filing cabinet.

2.50 Carat Genuine Amethyst 3 Stone Sterling Silver Pendant with 18" Chain
2.50 Carat Genuine Amethyst 3 Stone Sterling Silver Pendant with 18" Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely stylish necklace, 11 April 2014
I bought this product for my wife as amethyst is her birthstone. She seems very pleased with the style. Being the trinket fiend she is, the first thing she said was "ooh that's lovely, I'll have to find some earrings to match " so I think it's gone down well.

The pendant itself is a reasonable size and weight and it looks quite stylish when worn. The chain is quite fine, but not too thin. So overall a great product for the price I paid.

Caseflex Genuine Leather Flip Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black
Caseflex Genuine Leather Flip Case Cover for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Black
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protective case, 24 Mar 2014
This is a superb case for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact. It fits perfectly and is made of high quality materials. Extremely good value for money. It provides access to all the ports and has cut-outs for the camera at the rear. I have had quite a few different phone cases over the years for various phones and this is probably the best aftermarket case for a phone that I've ever purchased.

When reading five star reviews (this case has quite a few of those) I try to take them with a pinch of salt, and look for the more middle of the road, considered ones, before deciding on my purchase. However, in this "case" (Sorry) those five star reviews are more than justified. This case is superb.

Maxsimafoto - Lens Hood as LH-48B (Black) for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 17mm 1:1.8 .
Offered by Cameramarket UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality hood, 24 Mar 2014
This is a metal hood with a metal tension band, tightened by a knurled screw on it's smaller rim. I have not seen the genuine Olympus part to compare, but I am slightly worried about the wear the bare metal tension band will have on the exterior of my 17mm lens. It won't stop me using it, but I am trying to think of a way to protect my lens from bare metal to metal contact.

All in all, though it's a very good and seemingly well made product.

Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Purple Gel Case
Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Purple Gel Case
Offered by The M Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it, 24 Mar 2014
It fits the phone very well and hides all the bumps and scrapes that it's acquired from my wife's usage of the phone before passing it on to our daughter :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4