Profile for Jane > Reviews

Jane (Lancashire, UK)

Kettler Viteo-P Cross Trainer
Kettler Viteo-P Cross Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cross trainer., 12 Aug 2012
I purchased the Kettler Viteo P cross trainer as a more compact replacement for my old and rather bulky Horizon one. Size was a serious consideration for me, as I'd moved house and didn't have the room for one of the bigger ones that are on the market. However, it seems with with the smaller cross trainers you then have to compromise on things like the size of the fly wheel and therefore the levels of resistance and also the length of stride, which will all impact upon the quality of your work out.
So, the Viteo P is one of the more compact cross trainers available. For it's size and price, it offers good resistance (16 electronically adjusted levels, with the levels at the higher end offering a very challenging work out) and at a stride length of 16 inches, a decent stride too. It has twelve programmes, though I have to say I never use them as I always plan my work outs myself using the manual mode. It is very quiet and smooth-no squeaks or rattles at all. It took about two and a half hours for my son to assemble, though he's pretty good at that sort of thing-no doubt it would have taken me twice as long! Overall, I am really very pleased with my Kettler Viteo P cross trainer. Delivery via the Amazon seller Connection Fitness was super fast. I ordered it on the Monday and it arrived on the Wednesday of the same week!

Easy Vegetarian: Simple Recipes for Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner
Easy Vegetarian: Simple Recipes for Brunch, Lunch, and Dinner
by Ryland Peters & Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great recipes!, 24 Jun 2012
I've had this book for couple of years and find myself continually reaching for it when I'm in the kitchen. I've tried loads of recipes from it and some of them have become all time favourites. I regularly make the basic pizza dough recipe and the classic tomato sauce to go with it. Some of the salads, though very simple, are utterly delicious. The haricot bean and tomato salad has become a firm favourite, for example. This book has been worth every penny!

Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi 360 grams
Rootgrow Mycorrhizal Fungi 360 grams
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results!, 12 May 2012
I planted two cherry laurel hedges-one using Rootgrow and one without. The difference in the two hedges is amazing-two years after planting the Rootgrow hedge is approximately twice the size of the other hedge. I use it all the time now for all my plants.

Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Extra-Body Mousse 170 g - 6.7 oz
Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Extra-Body Mousse 170 g - 6.7 oz
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, 13 Sep 2011
I've been using Paul Mitchell Extra Body Scultping foam for years on my fine, naturally curly European hair. I love it. It adds body and forms my curls without making them stiff or crispy. My hair feels and looks thicker and is more bouncy; it is by far my favourite hair product. It also has a light, fresh scent that isn't overpowering.

Sometimes
Sometimes
Offered by mecodu-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but subtle..., 1 Oct 2006
This review is from: Sometimes (Audio CD)
A truly beautiful album, with heartfelt, deeply emotional lyrics, great acoustics and strong, mostly melancholic vocals. Casey's Song, Day Old Hate and Hello I'm in Delaware are poetry.

Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
Vegetarian Express: fast fresh food for energy and vitality throughout the day
by Rose Elliot

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying a veggie cook book? Buy this!, 14 Sep 2006
I have a shelf full of veggie recipe books, and a number of Rose Elliot books. This is my favourite, and the one I have used the most.

There are delicious salads (warm butter bean salad with spring onions and maple mustard dressing), yummy mains (Mexican tortillas with peppers and beans) and healthy sweets (blueberry muffins made using rapeseed oil and skimmed or soya milk).

The recipes are simple and delicious and are ideal for those of us who just don't want to spend hours in the kitchen making healthy, tasty vegetarian meals.