Profile for Mr. H. Thomas > Reviews

Content by Mr. H. Thomas

Mr. H. Thomas (Surrey, England)

Pair of Jim Dunlop Lok Straps. Protect your electric or acoustic guitar by using a Lok Strap to secure the strap properly.
Offered by Dirty Riffs Guitar Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't complain, 8 Jun. 2011
Not the strongest looking items in the world - a little tacky and creaky - but since sticking them on my acoustic, the strap has never come off. And, at the end of the day, that's why I bought them. Enough said.

Stagg MUS-A3 BK 3 Sections Music Stand - Black
Stagg MUS-A3 BK 3 Sections Music Stand - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 8 Jun. 2011
I use a heavy duty stand for performances - built like a rock but expensive. This little thing is incredibly light, well-built and, although it may struggle with heavy items, it's great for my A4 folder with around 50 songs in it. There are large butterfly nuts on it for easy adjustment, extra support for high/wide music and even a bag. Definately recommended.

Heima [DVD] [2007] (2-Disc Set) [2009]
Heima [DVD] [2007] (2-Disc Set) [2009]
Dvd ~ Sigur Rós
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Accidental Discovery, 15 Mar. 2011
10 years after their first album hit the streets I watched Heima and was absolutely bowled over by it. The band don't have an ego between them, create music like nobody else and operate from the most basic levels as musicians: play until it sounds great and use whatever instruments we can find lying around.

A lesson in beauty, humility and great, great music - oh, and a lovely film too.

Fate is the Hunter
Fate is the Hunter
by Ernest K. Gann

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful book, 11 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Fate is the Hunter (Paperback)
I have probably read over a thousand books in my time and this one is still my favourite. Like many of the other authors here, I have read it many, many times and enjoy every occasion - it's like going back to an old friend.
The only problem with it is that it makes other books seem lacklustre and second rate. If you haven't gathered it from this forum, new reader, you must read this book!

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Well.., 9 Jan. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
..I haven't played the game myself but my games mad son absolutely loves it and anything that keeps him quiet must be good!

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy : Complete BBC Series [DVD] [1979]
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy : Complete BBC Series [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Alec Guinness
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 31 Jan. 2010
This must one of the best, if not the best drama ever played out on TV. In fact I am straining to think of any film that comes close - possibly The Third Man - but nothing else springs to mind. A master class in acting, atmosphere, script and production, Alec Guinness at his absolute best and the sort of unsentimental, multi-layered theatre that we will unlikely see again - unless one of the other reviewers here takes up a life in film.

I will be watching it again and again and I am jealous of anyone who has yet to indulge. "Poor George."? Absolutely not; "dear, dear George."