Profile for SteveC > Reviews

NB 760 B Stability Running Shoes Black/Silver/Rose - size 7.5
Offered by Lovell Rugby
Price: 94.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at the price, 16 Sep 2014
Bought these heavily reduced, one size remaining, my size. I know the NB fit and have worn a couple of pairs out in the last year or two. I'm not sure about the pink but I can't see them when running and once they are covered in mud nobody else can. They are comfortable for extended runs, previous experience suggests the inners wear out quite quickly but you shouldn't wear running shoes until they fall off your feet. Once worn they are best used for cycling to the shops.

Complete Prestige/Bluesvil
Complete Prestige/Bluesvil

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential listening for blues fans, 10 Mar 2012
This is a great box set, it has loads of material that you are going to struggle like hell to find elsewhere. We all have Lightnin' CDs with the favourites on, likewise JLH, Muddy, etc. If I see another compilation with Dimples, Spoonful and Mannish Boy on it I swear I'll be sick. This may actually be important, as I wouldn't recommend this as an introduction to Lightnin Hopkins. As such you might find it a bit overwhelming, there are after all a number of albums on here, some doubled up on one CD, and it is difficult to navigate. So blues beginners, hang back a bit. You need to do your apprenticeship on the introductory Best-Ofs in order to appreciate this, and for this it is all the better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2012 11:06 PM BST

Disgraceful
Disgraceful
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 5.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Disgraceful (Audio CD)
This is my first Amazon Review, be gentle with me! I just picked this up on Marketplace for loose change, and at that price it's worth listening to. I'd have to say though that at the 4-5 being asked for new CDs there is a wealth of interesting music that will be played far more once the original novelty has worn off.

I can't agree with people who think this is the best album of the 90s - come on. This is the decade that gave us Nirvana, Primal Scream, Pulp, Oasis, Dodgy and a slew of soundalike female singer bands - Sleeper, Elastica, Echobelly, et al. Now whether you like this stuff or not this album isn't a Screamadelica or a Leftism.

That much said I'm glad I bought it, St Swithin's Day is a big surprise, as I was expecting a couple of chart singles and then some filler, and this stands out as an excellent track. Maybe, just maybe, this album scores 4 stars.