Profile for Ohmy_cz > Reviews

Aputure VS-1 V-Screen 7 inch HD Digital Video Monitor
Aputure VS-1 V-Screen 7 inch HD Digital Video Monitor
Offered by Bingo Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 13 Sep 2014
The build quality is ok. The screen is too dim and the colors are way undersaturated with no correction possible. The bad contrast makes it hard to use for focusing which was my primary reason for buying this. When the screen is on for more than 10 minutes, it makes annoying high pitched noise which I suspect will be picked up by your microphone. There are no zebras or advanced videomaking features. I do like the underlit buttons.. but I would recommend to pay up for another field monitor.

Dorr BK-C Flash Bracket
Dorr BK-C Flash Bracket

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for cinematography, 29 July 2014
The bracket is made of solid metal, but the plastic hotshoe holders are not to be trusted. It might be just fine for a flash (yes, that is it's purpose, I know), but if you will put anything heavier on it, like a LED light, a monitor or even a lightweight mic, it will become really wobbly and that will cause you a headache if you are shooting video. In the end, I have mounted this C bracket sideways and with a help of some rubber hair straps I'm using it as a shock mount for my Zoom H1 mic. Works well that way.

Ex-Pro 23 inch 58cm 5-in-1 Photographic Light Reflector - Silver/Gold/Black/White/Translucent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
Nicely made, very practical; although you need to be careful with the zipper. Pouch included.

Aputure AL 198 Matrix Video/DSLR LED Lighting
Aputure AL 198 Matrix Video/DSLR LED Lighting
Offered by EachShot

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, 29 July 2014
Nice build, good value for the price I guess, but it's definitely a weak light. Works fine as a hair or fill light if you put it up close or if you're in some dark enviroment, but it is not very universal. I've only just used 8 Varta batteries, but they lasted over 1 hour so far and it still shows there's a half capacity left (which I find good). The mount is very plasticky and not to be trusted. The light is a bit too hot, even with the provided diffuser provided.

Manfrotto MVM500A Aluminum Fluid Monopod with 500 Head
Manfrotto MVM500A Aluminum Fluid Monopod with 500 Head

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough built, 29 July 2014
This monopod is really nice, although in my opinion it's clearly overpriced. It seems sturdy enough though. You will have to "lube the ball" :-D on the bottom, otherwise it will make crackling noise that travels through the entire monopod; it also prevents from a smooth camera pan (which is why I bought this monopod in the first place). Besides, this little annoyance causes horrible noises in any attached mic. So be prepared to buy a WD40; then all will be good and dandy. Strangely, there's a 3/8 screw mount on the side (why not 1/4?), but finding an adaptor is easy and it's cheap, so no real trouble there. I've ordered a "magic arm" to hold an LCD monitor. The monopod feels a bit too heavy if you want to "run and gun"; after 6 hours of strolling around Malmö my hands were sore. The bottom retraceable feet are helping a bit, but I find it hard to retrace to the upright position, as you need to drag a strong spring-loaded latch at every one of them and push at the same time.