Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Sheffield, England)

Earplanes (Adult, 12 Years+)
Earplanes (Adult, 12 Years+)
Offered by Deals of UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Like others have said, 21 Jun. 2015
I'm just about to replace mine after about 10 years, during which time they have made an enormous difference to my flight experience. Like others have said, I used to suffer anything from ear-ache, toothache to partial deafness for a whole two-week holiday before I started using these. So, a remarkable improvement in my enjoyment of flying for an outlay of less than a fiver! Just wanted to pass on one piece of experience, however. On shorter-haul flights, which are the norm for internal and European journeys, I keep them in for the whole flight because there are often unexpected descents during the flights, and runway approaches can be quite steep and therefore lead to a build-up of pressure. So I have it as part of my pre-flight routine to put them in as soon as I've got my seat belt fastened and take them out when the cabin door has been opened after landing. On long-haul flights I am more likely to take them out to listen to music etc on headphones but otherwise the plugs do not block out sound so you can hear the people around you and flight attendants, and those who have suffered like I used to know that they would rather arrive at their destination pain-free even at the expense of missing out on a bit of in-flight entertainment.

GOgroove SonaVERSE O2 USB 2.0 Multimedia Computer Speakers / Dual Stereo System with Powerful Side-Firing Passive Subwoofers & Volume Control Switch - Works with PC , Apple MAC , Dell , HP , Lenovo , VIBOX , Zoostorm , Cyberpower , LG , Acer , Fierce Laptop & Desktop Computers
Offered by Techccessorize UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kicks for your bucks!, 9 Mar. 2015
If you're looking for really good laptop speakers, for example to play music in the kitchen from your chromebook, which is what I bought mine for, then look no further. With the bass ports on both sides of each speaker these babies deliver a real kick. Just remember they're little laptop speakers and not Hi-F, so you won't be getting full range of frequencies- but at £20??? Other reviewers have mentioned potential vulnerability of the bass 'cones' but if, like me, you leave the speakers in the kitchen ready for hook-up then that shouldn't be a problem. Very pleased!

The Most Basic Chinese - All You Need to Know to Get By (Most Basic Languages)
The Most Basic Chinese - All You Need to Know to Get By (Most Basic Languages)

4.0 out of 5 stars A no-frills practical guide, 8 Jan. 2014
I am learning Chinese in class before a visit later in the year. From that I'm getting a basic understanding of the structure of the language but what I don't really get is enough opportunity to actually practise conversation in Chinese. This is where this handy little book comes in. As I have Kindle on my phone I always have it with me as a quick reminder of phrases for real-life situations. Now that I have found a Chinese student who helps me with conversation in return for help with English the book has provided a good basis for starting to get confident in speaking which is what learning a new language for practical purposes is all about! I should also say that I bought the earlier version of the book that - for sound reasons (pardon the pun) - left out the tones. The tones, plus loads of other practical information such as a Beijing restaurant guide, are now in there (automatically updated on my Kindle) and it is very much to the author's credit that he has responded so quickly and effectively to make his good little book even better.