Profile for jakelomas > Reviews

Content by jakelomas

jakelomas

Page: 1 | 2
e shisha (strawberry T500)
e shisha (strawberry T500)
Offered by BargainShop_London

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 5 July 2014
Discusting taste! enough said

Walk On
Walk On
by Amy McLean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Walk On (Paperback)
I have not read it my wife has, she says its one of the best reads in a long time

Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD]
Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Pemberton

2.0 out of 5 stars Benidorm Used to be great, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Benidorm - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
So where do I start?

What was the storyline of this series eg

Series 2 was about Mel and Madge getting married
Series 3 was about Mel opening up the mobility shop
Series 4 was about Madge being in debt
Series 5 was about Mick and Janice's sunbed shops being burnt down
But Series 6! What storyline was there?

My problems are..

All the comedy seems to either be reused and dry or Slapstick and personally I hate both of them.

Most of the actors/characters in this show are or have a Northern accent so adding the Dykes who have a strong London accent do not fit in!

Where are all the old characters? I miss them I could create a list Noreen, Gavin, Sam, Trudy These were all the newer fresher characters who in past series made it have a shine.

How you can improve Derren Litten...

After watching Series 5 lots of times I found most of all the episodes written by "Steve Pemberton" (Mick) are the funniest episodes so maybe he should write some more of them or at least get a different write.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 11:28 PM GMT

Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 8)
Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid book 8)
by Jeff Kinney

2.0 out of 5 stars All good books up until Cabin Fever this book EMBARRASING, 26 Dec 2013
I have been a fan of the DOAWK series since the first book came out and they are good for some light reading and if I want a chuckle.

SPOILERS

I have loved books 1-6 I think (Cabin Fever) and that is when it started to go down hill...

Here are a few problems...

Rodrick I used to love his silly ideas of being a band member he is hardly mentioned in this book and "loded Diper" his band is not mentioned once.

Rowley He was funny and it was funny to see his parents fuss over him however he is kind of taken out of the book a bit because he has a new girlfriend and Greg has a fight with him.

Holly Hills she needs to be brought back! or at least give Greg somebody he fancies! I loved how Greg thought he was acting nice to Holly and she didnt really get the hint, she just magically disappears from the book.

There is many re used jokes in this book which means that the author is running out of ideas.

It seems like Jeff Kinney (author) has been trying to get so many jokes out as possible by adding as many characters as he can how many aunts and uncles are there altogether? Like 10? 15 out of all the book?

Now some Ideas for you Jeff if you're reading...

Try and find a better storyline then a short part of greg's life eg in this book you have just done the storyline about greg having an argument with Rowley which can get boring after a whole book! maybe in one part of the book Rodrick is moving out and getting an apartment however he is always still at there house maybe Greg is happy that he is moving out. or maybe the whole family move house in another part? maybe an animal? ANYTHING!

Basically you need a storyline eg Dog days had about his Summer and Cabin Fever was about his Winter.

Saints Row IV: Commander In Chief Edition (Xbox 360)
Saints Row IV: Commander In Chief Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars SPOILERS! bad game, 27 Aug 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Well then how do I start? I think i will start at how did a game about gangs turn into fighting aliens? Volition (The creators) have literally added no extra graphics, no new map, no new building, hardly any new clothes the only thing different is the enemy and a few of the guns.

Second thing is I was annoyed at was how short it was! It only had about 32 main missions, there is the side missions but they don't seem as fun, altogether it took me 9 hours to complete if I was to take Saints row 2 for example that took me 18 hours to complete.

Third thing is the town (steelport) seems dead if you walk down the road on saints row 2 you will find skateboarders, jugglers and even people kissing however if you walk down the road on Saints row 4 what do you find just people walking like they are braindead, the sad fact is the buildings they all look the same all the houses are the same so it doesn't make it feel real I used to love going into random places like the bank, The underground caves, the mall and the airport but in Steelport you cant do any of this stuff.

Altogether if I would of created this game I would of just made it into a DLC instead of making a whole game about it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2013 11:37 AM BST

Benidorm - Series 5 [DVD] [2012]
Benidorm - Series 5 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Steve Pemberton
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Benidorm before and Benidorm after there's a difference!, 5 Aug 2013
I used to love Benidorm when it first started (series 1) however now that Mel has sadly died there is no story line to the show! The series was about Mels business and without Mel they cant do it! They have run out of ideas!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 8:13 PM BST

Torchwood - Series 1 Part1, Episodes 1-5  (2 Disc Set) [2006] [DVD]
Torchwood - Series 1 Part1, Episodes 1-5 (2 Disc Set) [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Barrowman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars What can I say? ACTION all around, 5 Aug 2013
After David Tennant left Doctor who (I know it was years ago) I was very much disappointed in Matt Smith (My personal views) So I got into Torchwood and WOW it is great, The only one I didn't find that good was the 2nd episode I mean an alien which lives of sexual pleasure? Who wants to watch that? However I do recommend you buy this DVD and definitely watch the episode "They keep killing Suzie" that episode is one of my favorites from series 1.

Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Harry Hill's TV Burp Gold [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Hill
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny but a waste of money!, 5 Aug 2013
I have always loved Harry Hill so I decided to buy his DVD, when I received my package I put it on straight away as I had nothing planned, after about an hour or so the credits came on I thought to myself there must be another episode but there wasn't! So if you are reading this and want to waste your money on something that last's for 1 hour then go and do it but mark my words THIS IS A RIP OFF!

Single 3D Glasses Red/Blue Cyan Paper Card 3-D Anaglyph Glasses WHITE
Single 3D Glasses Red/Blue Cyan Paper Card 3-D Anaglyph Glasses WHITE
Offered by ASVP Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for watching 3d movies and youtube videos!, 5 Aug 2013
Well what can you say about glasses they are just glasses. they are good and do not break very easily even though they are paper.

The only downside is they feel a bit uncomfortable on my head, but other then that these where a great buy!

TEEPEE ONLINE® for Blackberry 8520 / 9300 CURVE black CASSETTE TAPE case cover
TEEPEE ONLINE® for Blackberry 8520 / 9300 CURVE black CASSETTE TAPE case cover
Offered by TEEPEE ONLINE

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a little bit loose round the side..., 21 Feb 2013
The product looks exactly like on the picture which was great. the bad things are that it was a little loose around the edge of the phone. Also it looks a little bit ''bricky'' if that is even a word but by bricky i mean it looks like a brick when you are walking around with it.

all in all I rate it a 3 star.

Page: 1 | 2