Profile for Nikki Wheeler > Reviews

Land Of The Golden Apple
Land Of The Golden Apple
by Eve Makis

4.0 out of 5 stars Land of the Golden Apple, 11 Sep 2013
A very intriguing book, I was gripped from start to finish. Well done Eve! Will read your other books and will review.

Village Bread, Olive Oil and a Grandmother's Blessings: 1
Village Bread, Olive Oil and a Grandmother's Blessings: 1
by Elena Demetriou

5.0 out of 5 stars Village Bread, Olive Oil & A Grandmother's Blessing, 11 Sep 2013
OMG!! Well reading this was reading my life! I loved reading this book, I laughed a lot, and couldn't believe the similarities that i grew up with, plus I am called Nikki (real name Nectaria) which I had to laugh to laugh at, being that Elena's husband is called Nick (real name Nectarios!) After reading this I really missed my yiayia's home cooking, a lot of the reciepes are wonderful and very traditional. Thank you for a lovely book Elena!

The Green Line: Holiday in a Warzone - Cyprus, 1974
The Green Line: Holiday in a Warzone - Cyprus, 1974
by Soner Kioufi

4.0 out of 5 stars The Green Line, 11 Sep 2013
It was really interesting reading this, Being a greek cypriot myself, and having lived in the North of Cyprus at the time of the 1974 invasion, it was good to see what Soner exprienced in the war, a good eye opener.

A Watermelon, a Fish and a Bible
A Watermelon, a Fish and a Bible
by Christy Lefteri

5.0 out of 5 stars A watermelon, A fish and a Bible, 11 Sep 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. Having lived through the war myself, albeit I was only a young girl and lived in the North of Cyprus , I was drawn to all the characters. Well done Christy !