Profile for Ellie > Reviews

Prestige Cordless Traditional Kettle, Almond, 1.5 Litre
Prestige Cordless Traditional Kettle, Almond, 1.5 Litre
Offered by Elby Mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely kettle, 28 Nov. 2012
I love this kettle. It looks fab, and does the job grand. I like the narrow spout for pouring accurately.

DeLonghi CTO4E Classic 4 Slice Toaster - Cream
DeLonghi CTO4E Classic 4 Slice Toaster - Cream
Offered by EuroFairy

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking toaster, not brilliant performance, 28 Nov. 2012
This is a really attractive toaster, that performs OK. Our previous Tefal was better as it browned the toast more evenly. This one is inconsistent; often the toast comes out very evenly browned, but sometimes not. For the money I'd probably expect a bit better performance wise, but we bought it for it's appearance as much as for toast, and it looks cool!

GUSTAV KLIMT Tannenwald I (PLUS MATCHING KLIMT MOUSE MAT) Large Gallery Framed Giclee Canvas Art Picture Poster Print NEW Ready To Hang Modern Wall Art Red Pine Forest

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 29 Aug. 2012
I'm really pleased with this canvas. It looks fab in my bedroom, I'd consider it great value at the price.

Topsy and Tim: Start School
Topsy and Tim: Start School
by Jean Adamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee book to prepare for school, 29 Aug. 2012
I bought this to read to my son over the summer holidays before starting school. It was ideal for him as it covered many of the main routines and changes he would experience.

bike*star 25.4cm (10 Inch) Kids Learner Balance Beginner Run Bike - Colour Pink
bike*star 25.4cm (10 Inch) Kids Learner Balance Beginner Run Bike - Colour Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bikes, 3 Dec. 2011
We've bought this balance bike for our daughter's Christmas from Santa, as she's requested 'a pink sparkly balance bike'. We bought a bike star 12" balance bike in blue for our son's Christmas from Santa last year, and based on how happy we are with it we chose the same for our daughter. These are fantastic bikes. They're light weight and have a break and kick stand. There's no foot rest which I've read in other reviews can hurt kids legs as they hit off them when they're propelling the bike. You can raise the handle bars and seat so they grow with your child. My son adores his balance bike and uses it to get around everywhere. It takes a bit of time to get the hang of going from walking the bike to running, but once he got his balance he was flying and I now often have to run to keep up with him. I'm very hopeful that he'll go a two-wheeler bike pretty quickly as he has great balance now and will just need to get his head round pedals (we chose a balance bike for him as he's never been able to fathom pedaling anything!). This pink balance bike has 10" wheels so is a little smaller, which is appropriate as our daughter is not quite 3 yet, whereas our son was 3.5 when he got his. We've yet to see how she finds it, but it certainly looks lovely - all the bike star bikes have a metallic paint that makes them slightly sparkly, so it should fit the bill. I would highly recommend bike star bikes.

Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Remington D5020 Pro Ionic Ultra Hair Dryer
Offered by OnlineDiscountstore

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hairdryer, 8 Aug. 2011
Really happy with this hairdryer. I assumed the ion thing was a gimmick but my hair is definitely lookier healthier and more sleek with this dryer than the old one. I like the 'true cool shot' as opposed to the kind that are just a bit cooler, and the nozzle stays on, unlike with my old hair dryer, the nozzle of which constantly fell off causing me to burn my hands trying to get it back on. Good price too.

Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
Pippi Longstocking Gift Edition
by Astrid Lindgren

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Feb. 2011
Read this to my three year old son, a chapter each night at bedtime. He absolutely loved it and we've re-read much of the book. I'll be buying more of Astrid Lindgren's books.

Medical Carrycase
Medical Carrycase
Offered by a1 Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it, 28 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Medical Carrycase (Toy)
This isn't the best quality toy but there's loads in the kit and for the price I think its great value - considerably cheaper than others I checked out. My kids are 2 and 3 years and we bought it for them to share for Christmas. Despite receiving MANY other toys they've returned to this over and over. Overall I'd highly recommend it.

Mog's Bad Thing
Mog's Bad Thing
by Judith Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
Our children, aged 2 and 2, loved this story. It's beautifully written and illustrated. We'll be purchasing more of the Mog series in future.

Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs - Smugglers Bay!
Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs - Smugglers Bay!
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 28 Dec. 2010
Our 3 year old son has all the other Captain Flinn stories; this was bought for his Christmas. We've read it several times in the last few days and I'd have to say of all the books this is my favourite as it gave me a laugh. My son is crazy for dinosaurs and loves all the stories. I highly recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2