Profile for Gooner Gal > Reviews

Content by Gooner Gal

Gooner Gal "goonergal" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Inflatable Travel Footrest - Therapeutic For Your Legs!
Inflatable Travel Footrest - Therapeutic For Your Legs!
Offered by General Stores Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 Jan. 2013
Yet to try on a long journey, but in use at home this seems perfect. Lightweight, easy to inflate and a good size for resting feet!

BRX Compact Portable Folding Footrest
BRX Compact Portable Folding Footrest
Offered by Smart Shop UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 30 Jan. 2013
As a short person I thought this would be the ideal solution when travelling. However, it really is VERY small - hardly room for both feet on the top - and also does not stay in place: even on a carpeted floor I found that it slipped about. Returned for a refund.

Samsung i8190 Galaxy S3 Mini Neoprene Case / Sleeve / Pouch / Skin By Shocksock - Red
Offered by ClickJunkie

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 5 Jan. 2013
This case does the job - phone slides in easily but fits snugly and provides good protection. Excellent value for the price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2013 8:33 PM BST

Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Black
Omron Walking Style III Pedometer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pedometer, 7 Mar. 2012
This is a great pedometer - small, fits well on top of my pocket and is secure with the lanyard. It was easy to set up and seems to be reasonably accurate - counted 100 steps a couple of times and its been no more than 3 out. Stores data over 7 days and can measure steps, distance etc. for specific activities at the touch of a button, whilst still adding the figures to your daily total.

Omron BF400 Body Composition Monitor and Bathroom Scale
Omron BF400 Body Composition Monitor and Bathroom Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 7 Mar. 2012
Bought this to replace my ancient, cheap bathroom scales and am very pleased. It is easy to set up and provides accurate readings. Only functions in kg - would be great if could translate to pounds/stones, but not a big deal.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed, 7 Mar. 2012
I bought this as I have recently started a weight loss programme and wanted to be able to take accurate measurements to track my progress. I find the tape measure tricky to use - it is fiddly and no easier to handle than a normal tape measure. I have also found that the tape measure does not always form a "snug" fit around the area being measured - around my chest for example, there is always a big gap at the back so the measurement is not accurate. Overall no worse than a normal tape measure but I wouldn't spend the money on this again.

New Atkins For a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon should not be selling this as a Kindle book, 19 Jan. 2012
The content itself is fine - my review is for the kindle version. I bought it despite some of the other reviews on the site about the Kindle edition on the basis that Amazon had noted problems with the display some months ago and I assumed they would have rectified these or removed the item from sale. No such luck. I can adjust the display to read some of the net carb amounts which otherwise get cut off, but there are many lists of foods which end prematurely and therefore some missing content. I will be raising with Amazon, but until they announce a change I'd recommend the paperback version.

Quick No-Cook Low Carb Recipes (Low Carb Reference Book 1)
Quick No-Cook Low Carb Recipes (Low Carb Reference Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Jan. 2012
I bought this as I am about to embark on a low carb diet and thought it would include some quick, imaginative recipes that I could use when in a hurry. No such luck. Most of the book is about what low carb eating is (surely one already knows if looking at a recipe book for such a diet) and the recipes it does contain are not really recipes: celery and humous; crudities; coleslaw. Don't bother. Nothing you can't think of for yourself in here.

Canon PIXMA MG3150 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer, easy to set up and use, 13 Jan. 2012
I bought this because I wanted a front-loading wireless printer to fit into a small space in my flat. The printer - and wireless connection - were very easy to set up (I am by no means a techie)and works well. Print quality is good.

Joules Womens Slipper Sock - Oat - M
Joules Womens Slipper Sock - Oat - M

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these slippers, 21 Dec. 2011
I bought these as I really feel the cold in winter. The slippers fit perfectly and are VERY warm and cosy. Made of good quality materials and definitely worth the money! Bought another pair later to give to a friend for Xmas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4