Profile for PeeBee > Reviews

Content by PeeBee

PeeBee (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device: 3 Device, 1 Year [Frustration-Free Packaging] (PC/Mac/Android)
Offered by Kryonet Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 Multi Device (PC/Mac/Android), 2 Mar. 2015
As with all internet-security software, you have to believe that it is finding all the threats, as there's no other software on your machine at the same time that is checking up on it. However, Kaspersky does have a decent reputation, so I'm hoping it lives up to that. I used ESET before Kaspersky, and ESET did seem to give more options / control / insights. Also, Kaspersky found no threats on its initial full scan, so ESET obviously did at least as good a job. However, Kaspersky was cheaper from Amazon than ESET-renewal was from ESET directly, and as I have no 'loyalty' to any of the suppliers, it was no contest. I will only decide whether to stick with Kaspersky when the next renewal is due, and prices are available. In the meantime, all I can say is that Kaspersky seems OK.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Offered by KING OF FLASH

4.0 out of 5 stars Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader, 25 Feb. 2014
Excellent. Nothing else needs saying (except that Amazon insists that I write another ??? words to pad out my opinion)!

The Ultimate Musicals Experience
The Ultimate Musicals Experience
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars The Ultimate Musicals Experience, 25 Feb. 2014
This is a typical CD, in that the decent stuff is in the minority, and is padded out in the great majority by the dross. There are far better 'musicals' CD's than this. Look elsewhere.

Reggae Chartbusters
Reggae Chartbusters

4.0 out of 5 stars Reggae Chartbusters, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Reggae Chartbusters (Audio CD)
I had an original LP of this, but it got smashed to bits, and I've regretted the loss ever since. I was really pleased to discover this CD when idly looking at music, so jumped at the chance to get it again (& at a lower price than the original LP).

It brings back good memories. However, it also shows how the sound quality of recorded music has improved over the years, as I was mildly disappointed by the 'roughness' of the recordings. Even so, no regrets, & I recommend the CD 100%.

Eset Smart Security (2014)/PC/1 user/1 year/Eco-friendly packaging
Eset Smart Security (2014)/PC/1 user/1 year/Eco-friendly packaging

4.0 out of 5 stars Eset Smart Security (2014)/PC/1 user/1 year/Eco-friendly packaging, 25 Feb. 2014
Even though this was a purchase of a new subscription, I used it in effect as a renewal of a previous years' purchase. It was simple to invoke the 'renewal' by clicking on one of the many desperate messages that ESET sent out to me when I was about to allow the older one to lapse. Note that it was cheaper to buy a new subscription from Amazon than it was to simply pay a renewal fee directly to ESET!!!

Anyway, ESET works well in my opinion, in terms of being easy to use, and clear with what it's telling you. The problem with all anti-virus etc software though, is that you never know what other malicious stuff is on your machine other than what the anti-virus software has found for you. Therefore, you have to assume that using ESET (eg) is keeping you safe, when it might not be. Even so, I feel reasonably secure with it. Whether I would be equally as 'secure' with free AVG / Avast, who knows?

In Dreams
In Dreams

5.0 out of 5 stars In Dreams (Album Version), 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: In Dreams (MP3 Download)
I don't know what difference is between the 'album version' I bought, & the other version. Whatever it is, the album version is brilliant. 'In Dreams' is the best Roy Orbison song in my opinion, so it is well worth the download cost.

Neewer® BG-E8 Replacement Battery Grip for Canon EOS 550D 600D 650D 700D / Rebel T2i T3i T4i T5i SLR Digital Cameras
Offered by Global_omouk

4.0 out of 5 stars Neewer High Capacity Battery Grip With Vertical Firing Release W/ Lock For..., 22 Jan. 2014
Had a Neewer battery pack for my previous EOS 400D, and it was perfect, so no problem with buying another of same make. Although not shown as being for the EOS 650D, it works with it.

Does the job it says it does, and to a high standard. It may not be as solid as the Canon original (I don't know, as I've never seen the Canon version), but it's MORE than good enough for a non-professional like me. It's especially useful when holding the camera in portrait mode.

No hesitation in saying 'buy it'.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix P50 Digital Camera, 21 Jan. 2014
Good quality images. Decent optical viewfinder. Good in all areas except for having to use ordinary AA batteries. It needed a decent lithium battery!

Hot August Night
Hot August Night
Offered by KELINDO³

3.0 out of 5 stars Hot August Night, 21 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hot August Night (Audio CD)
This CD exemplifies why I prefer the recording studio version of songs to the live versions (ie: as featured on this CD). The studio versions are what attracted me to him, but the live versions on this CD is a let down by comparison. This is especially so when he applies a country & western style to what was previously a great song: I hate c&w!

Frasier Complete Collection (Series 1-11) [DVD]
Frasier Complete Collection (Series 1-11) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kelsey Grammer

5.0 out of 5 stars Frasier Complete Collection (Series 1-11) [DVD], 21 Jan. 2014
Absolutely brilliant! Situation comedy that's a million miles above the average quality of such programmes. Brilliant characters, brilliant situations. So clever.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4