Profile for Kiwi ET > Reviews

Content by Kiwi ET

Kiwi ET

Page: 1 | 2
19V 4.74A Genuine Lavolta AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Toshiba Satellite Pro Equium Satellite A300 A300D A500 A660 A665 L300D L350D L450 L450D L500 L500D L505 L550 L555 L650D L750 L755 L850 L870 P200D P300 P300D P750 P755 P770 L855 L875 P850 P855 P875 fits PA3716E-1AC3 PA3516E-1AC3 - Lavolta (TM) Branded Notebook Power Supply with UK Power Cord
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, 20 April 2013
This works well and doesn't seem ot have the problems of the original adaptor. However, I have one complaint. The power lead disconnects too easily and if there is any pull on the transformer it disconnects. Then you wonder why the computer's battery isn't being charged.

What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits of Markets
What Money Can't Buy: The Moral Limits of Markets
by Michael Sandel

5.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging, 20 April 2013
Has our market driven economics gone mad? Sandel in a very easy to read style raises some interesting challenges on the moral limits of the markets. If you haven't thought to much about the way we develop new financial products or attach economic value to everything then this book is a good starting point. Sandel certainly has his own veiw on wheter these development are good but he writes in a style designed to encourage your own thinking.

I recommend that everyone read this book and Sandel's Justice book.

Computational Fairy Tales
Computational Fairy Tales
by Jeremy Kubica

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 20 April 2013
I have used this to support learning in computer science and encouraged students to read it. Some of the ideas are quite advanced but it is a fun way to learn and introduce ideas. One of the students intended to use it with a young nephew and I intend to read the story with my grandchildren.

The Art of Software Testing
The Art of Software Testing
by Glenford J. Myers

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid text, 20 April 2013
A solid text on testing ideas but showing its age. I use it along with some other texts for teaching a module on testing but I don't see it as a standalone textbook.

Lauren Ipsum
Lauren Ipsum
by Carlos Bueno

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but .., 20 April 2013
This review is from: Lauren Ipsum (Paperback)
Some good fairy tale ideas for introducing computer science ideas but not as good as Kubica's computational fairy tales. The two books do develop different themes so used together they are good teaching aids.

The Future of Money: From Financial Crisis to Public Resource
The Future of Money: From Financial Crisis to Public Resource
by Mary Mellor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good background on the history of economics, 20 April 2013
A well reasoned book that draws on economic history to explain the basis of economics and then the transition that led to the 2008/9 crisis. Develops an clear argument of where we should head in our economic planning and thinking.

Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter
Logitech R400 Wireless Presenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 20 April 2013
Easy to use and works well. A good replacement for my cheaper version. Fits comfortably into my hand and the receiver tucks nicely back into the product for storage. Storage case also keeps it safe.

Maxim 5-Way T Socket Mains Switch Plug Adapter Extension Surge Protection 10511
Maxim 5-Way T Socket Mains Switch Plug Adapter Extension Surge Protection 10511
Offered by Bargains 4 Ever

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 April 2013
We brought this in June 2012 but it has increasingly been turning everyrthing off. It wasn't until we unplugged it we discovered one of the pins into the wall socket was detached. It is now completely unusable. So much for the space saving.

The second one still works but maybe because we don't plug and unplug as frequently it isn't falling apart.

Topeak Headlux Helmet Light -
Topeak Headlux Helmet Light -
Offered by Sigma Sport, Kingston

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't last, 26 Mar. 2013
I have had this light for a little over a year but it failed this winter and wouldn't work anymore. I had problems initially with the strap that holds it on the helmet and then problems with the switch. It has always been hard to switch on and off. Finally when I wanted to use it this year, the switch seemed to fail completely. I also had problems with the batteries rattling and failing to connect. I had to add my own padding to secure the batteries so the light worked.

I would never use this style of light as a main light but in flashing mode on a helmet they do help with visibility and that was what I was looking for when riding my recumbent trike.

TeckNet® iEP392 12000mAH Heavy Duty 2.1A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the new iPad 3, new iPad mini, iPad2, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S/4/3Gs/3G, iPod Touch all versions; Samsung Galaxy Note/Nexus/S3/S2/S; HTC Titan, Sensation, ONE S/V/X, EVO Thunderbolt, Desire; LG Optimus series; Blackberry Bold, Curve, Torch; Motorola Razr HD/MAXX & Bionic, Atrix/2; Nokia Lumia 700/800/900 and GoPro (iEP392 Heavy Duty 5V/2.1A/1A high speed charger)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 16 Aug. 2012
I brought this as an alternative to the TeckNet iEP380 that I have been using on my long rides to recharge the iPhone. The iEP380 had worked well but I was planning a Land's End to John O'Groats ride over a couple of weeks and we had to iPhones that we wanted to ensure were adequately charged. The one I took with me on the ICE QNT recumbent trike would need to be able to run GPS tracking apps for up to 12 hours.

Tests proved that the iEP392 would be more than adequate but on the second day I managed to write off the iPhone so we never really tested the full potential. However, we still recommend the product as a backup power source at least for an iPhone.

Page: 1 | 2