Profile for Kev Partner > Reviews

Content by Kev Partner
Top Reviewer Ranking: 784

Kev Partner "Writer, geek, dad." (Alton, Hamshire)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bond-It Patination oil - 500ml can for lead flashing - stops the white stains that are caused by oxidation
Offered by Platinum-Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Oct 2014
Good price, nice product - enough for several annual applications on my lead flashing.

BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)
BETA Adult Terriers with Chicken, 2 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars They like it ALMOST as much as wet food, 6 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have two terriers - a standard Yorkie and a Cairn/Jack Russell cross and both of them enjoy this. The yorkie has a "sensitive" stomach, so I was a little nervous at introducing this new food but there was no adverse reaction and he enjoys this (which he has in the evening) almost as much as his morning bowl of tinned food.

The food itself is easy to handle, seems to keep well and doesn't smell (a problem with some other brands). Whether the dogs have benefited nutritionally I'm not sure - a longer test would be needed - but it's certainly made a nice change for them and I don't get the "Oh, is it dry food again" look when I put it down. Well, not as much as before, anyway.

Sony AF DT 55-200mm F/4-5.6 SAM Telephoto Zoom lens for Sony/Minolta
Sony AF DT 55-200mm F/4-5.6 SAM Telephoto Zoom lens for Sony/Minolta
Offered by Camera Centre UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lens, 29 Sep 2014
Really nice lens, ideal for general purpose outdoor shooting. I got mine as a refurb and the quality is just a notch better than the 300mm Sigma lens I bought at the same time.

Black & Decker CD115A5 240V 710W 115mm Small Angle Grinder with 5 Discs and Guard

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little tool, 29 Sep 2014
I bought this so I could chase out a row of mortar before replacing lead flashing. It comes with disks for cutting and grinding metal and for cutting paving but I bought a mortar chasing disk for this particular job - I expect the others will come in handy in due course. I found the "manual" confusing as I haven't use an angle grinder before so didn't know how the locking mechanism worked for the disks but got there in the end. If this puzzles you, you need to engage the metal tool into the holes in the blade, hold down the button on the back and move the blade round until the button can press fully in - it's now locked and you can get some purchase to remove the blade.

Noise levels aren't too bad but the main thing is performance which, for this job anyway, was excellent - especially given the low price.

Skechers Men's Urban Tread-Refresh Dark Brown Lace Up 50856 10 UK
Skechers Men's Urban Tread-Refresh Dark Brown Lace Up 50856 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, 29 Sep 2014
Got my first pair in March as part of a daily deal and they've become my main footwear. I walk a couple of miles a day and the first pair lasted 8 months before I decided it was time to replace them - I expect this new pair to do the same. Others have complained that they can be slippy in wet weather and this is true - especially when new - but this hasn't posed a problem for me. Comfortable and very good quality for the price.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, 29 Sep 2014
The olive one isn't made from fabric as heavy as the black one I bought 6 months ago but it's otherwise identical. It fits on my fat head well enough and looks the part.

Make Your Own Perfume
Make Your Own Perfume
by Sally Hornsey

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: Make Your Own Perfume (Paperback)
I bought this to help me understand how blends are made as I experiment with candle making fragrances. Sally's explanations of the way in which aromas are structured was refreshingly straightforward and understandable and forms the heart of the book. She also lists her favourite ingredients, why she likes them, whether they are better as essential oils or fragrance oils (and what the difference is) and how they combine with others - this is really useful on helping beginners like myself experiment without having to start completely from scratch.

Silverline 763603 Tin Snips 300mm
Silverline 763603 Tin Snips 300mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 29 Sep 2014
I bought these to cut cat 4 lead sheets being used for flashing and they did the job perfectly. For £8, I don't expect a spring loaded hinge (though one would have been nice) but cutting performance was excellent.

Toolzone 115mm (4-1/2") Mortar Raking Disc
Toolzone 115mm (4-1/2") Mortar Raking Disc
Offered by UKDeals Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 29 Sep 2014
Very good value - I bought this for raking out the mortar in a single course so I could fit new flashing. It worked perfectly for the job and showed very little signs of wear after use.

AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with UK Plug
AmazonBasics 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with UK Plug

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built- not usable with desktops though, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sturdily built and very well priced, this powered hub would be perfect but for the fact that the lead to connect it to the computer is only around 20cm long. This is far too short to allow it to be plugged into the back of a desktop computer and remain accessible. On the other hand, it's the perfect length for connecting to a laptop so, I guess, it's horses for courses. The lead to the power adaptor, on the other hand, is around 2 metres long with is very welcome.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20