Profile for Smurfett > Reviews

Content by Smurfett

Smurfett "smudgers books" (UK)

Dark Debt: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series Book 11)
Dark Debt: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel (Chicagoland Vampires Series Book 11)

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 11, 13 Mar. 2015
Really enjoyed this book, lots of excitement, romance - more confident Merit - some family thrown in. Any more to come or is this the final instalment?

BOYS School/Formal CLASSIC Quality STURDY FIT PLUS SIZE "Palvini" Trousers-6-13Yrs (6-7YRS, Grey)
Offered by Super Save Direct UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Dec. 2014
Really quick service but trousers were too small for my admittedly tall son

New Order (Bo Blackman Book 2)
New Order (Bo Blackman Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great second book, 2 Oct. 2014
I really enjoyed the book hence 4 stars - I loved the fact it was set in London too as so many of my favourites are set in USA. I found the main players interesting and mainly 3D - I think I was so surprised about about the ending of the first book which causes obvious repercussions, made thing more interesting I guess. I really enjoyed them both and am looking forward to book 3!

The Witch With No Name (The Hollows Book 13)
The Witch With No Name (The Hollows Book 13)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great end to the series, 17 Sept. 2014
I loved the book, it was, in my opinion, a great end to the series. All storylines finished and a happy ending. All my favourite characters were present and even a glimpse into the future to finish.Sad i've finished the series but happy that it was a really good book.

Warrior Boy Fancy Dress Party Costume Age 10-12
Warrior Boy Fancy Dress Party Costume Age 10-12
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed review, 20 July 2014
Outfit arrived on time, majority of outfit was ok,but the leg "guards" didn't have any elastic on them so had to sew bits on to make the full outfit. Slightly small fit.
Good outfit though, and quick service

OtterBox Commuter Series Cover for iPhone 5c - Surf
OtterBox Commuter Series Cover for iPhone 5c - Surf

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim fitting case and quick service, 9 July 2014
Quick service and really nice product. Fits phone perfectly and feels secure. I drop my phone all the time and so far it's worked! Nice slim fitting case and great colour

Shampoo by Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Shampoo 75ml
Shampoo by Philip Kingsley Flaky Itchy Scalp Shampoo 75ml
Offered by Haircare Clearance

5.0 out of 5 stars itchy scalp, 13 Mar. 2014
i love this shampoo, i used to use it religiously a few years ago but became complacent and thought the problem had gone away - so i used normal shampoo, itchy scalp came back and it was awful. Embarrassingly awful. I purchased the small shampoo size as i just wanted to prove to myself that it wasn't the shampoo that kept it under control before - but i was wrong it really is amazing - within a day i was itch and scab free. Brilliant and well worth the money - so am treating myself to the bigger one asap.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Boys ghost costume, 23 April 2013
Well priced, perfect for our son's school play costume and durable enough to keep for Halloween too. Quick service and v good price

Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum Book 19)
Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum Book 19)

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 14 Feb. 2013
Not great. I normally read one of Janet Evanovich's novels within days of receiving - but this one I still haven't finished. I had high hopes,I pre-ordered it and I was disappointed. Same old characters, no progression in any of the relationships and too repetitive. I feel disappointed I paid so much for the new release.

Helen of Troy: A Novel
Helen of Troy: A Novel
by Margaret George

4.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 17 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Helen of Troy: A Novel (Paperback)
I loved this book,I couldn't stop reading it and found myself turning off the tv to read instead - very unusual nowadays! It was interesting to read the legend of Helen from her point of view, I found I liked her despite her obvious failings and had sympathy for her plight. Not sure some of the other characters are as well padded out but enough for me to enjoy the book. I'm going to pick up another of her books right now!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2009 11:41 AM BST