Profile for Chris david james > Reviews

Emergency On Planet Earth
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC, 30 Mar 2012
If you want a Jamiroquai collection, this has to be in it. It has some realy great songs on it and I have listened to most of them alot. There are 2 songs on this album that I love alot but i love more on this album aswell.

*EMERGENCY ON PLANET EARTH*.

I love the 2 versions of this song that I've heard(album version and single version)The album version is my fave, one reason because I like the end part better to the single one.
the lyrics are strong aswell. The drums, bass and keyboard and violin sounds make the song very catchy. If you want to get someone into this band you must play this song!

*REVOLUTION 1993*

This song is just over 10 mins long so some might not want a song that long but this song is realy good if you give it a chance and listen to it a few times, to let it grow on to you.
i love the part at 2min 44 - 3min 19 where it sounds like old arcade game music and then the bass comes in. Then the bit after with the keyboard, like what others have said. The flute(?) and trumpet are cool and the background singer aswell.

A realy good album to play with family or to who ever. the only song I dont listen to is the last one called Didgin out. It's an instrumental ............
Thanks Jay Kay (band singer) toby smith(keyboards) stuart zender(bass guitar) Nick Van Gelder (drums)

Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
Offered by simplesimon1966
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace Combat 3, 26 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I used to have a playstation 1 in 2000 I got this game and I remember completing it(i have memories on about 4 levels (including the last).
now in 2012 I bought this game again used(im collecting old classic games). I always seem to loose my old games which is annoying.

on the play station 3 I dont think this is on the psn store when I last looked. I mean WHAT the????
the ace combat series is supposed to be best on the ps1 but some think ace combat 4 on the ps2 is better. my brother has played AC4 and he says it;s very good(I haven't played it much).
Ace Combat 3 is a joy to play. The gameplay is great and the graphics are ok, Its not uncharted 3 pretty, one reason because its old.....

the graphics are great for a ps1 title though.
you can pick different planes as you complete missions and some planes are better than others.
the save system is perfect, no problems with it.
there are different difficulty levels. When ever I first go on a game I refuse to go on easy. I always start on normal. I'm on normal on this and it seems fine.

the maze level was a bit hard at times for me. you had to squeeze the plane through a small gap and I crashed a few times and started the mission again.

It is a realy good game from namco and every ps1 collector should give it a go. if you see it for 3.00 on a shelf in a market or some where(if your lucky and there not all football games), its a must.

I also recommend air combat(the 1st one)

i have never played ace combat 2 and i'm looking forward to playing it. Thank you namco.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Will Smith greatest hits, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I realy like this cd. Will Smith has decent rapping skills and his words are clean so u can play this music to anyone.
the men in black song is very good, one of my faves. It is very catchy.
it is a good family cd and good to play in the car or anywhere. I recommend this.

Synkronized
Synkronized
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd for 99, 19 Jan 2012
This review is from: Synkronized (Audio CD)
I realy like all the Jamiroquai cds so it can be hard to pick a favourite.
This has a classic song by the band called "canned heat". It is the song that got me in to the band when i heard it around about 2000. I remember buying the single and putting it on repeat.
The track "butterfly" is a very cool track, one of my faves, so funky. the bass is awesome.
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE is also one of my faves, the piano is realy nice and the part from 3.29 -3.50 is pretty ace where its just the instrumental and there jamming.
this record/cd is worth buying definitely worth buying at this price(at the moment). it's fun to listen too and never gets boring. Jay Kay is a good singer too.........
buy it!!!

Thriller
Thriller
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome record, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Thriller (Audio CD)
this is my fave Michael Jackson album.
a great song is "Baby Be Mine" and it must of been hard to not make this a single.
The Lady In My Life is also as good as the other singles, the first 2 mins of the song is perfect!
Thriller the song is verry good. sounds nice on a good cd player.
all the songs are classics and a great family cd too to put in the car when your driving. this is a great effort bY MJ and you can get this cd at a good price, yay.
R.I.P MJ

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - Platinum (PS)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - Platinum (PS)
Offered by Click4entertainment Limited
Price: 147.95

5.0 out of 5 stars classic ps1 game, 17 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Crash Bandicoot 2 is an awesome game , just like crash 1, 3 and team racing! all these games should be in every ones ps1 collection in my opinion.
the game is really fun, jumping around collecting apples, crystals, gems, jumping onto objects, running away from a boulder and using a polar bear(i like the music on that level).
the save system is great unlike crash 1. it is easier than crash 1 if you just want to collect the crystals but some of the gems are hard to get though.
this is my fave crash but i wished it had more levels and i would love it if naughty dog made a new crash and make it like these old games.

FIFA 12 (PS3)
FIFA 12 (PS3)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 6 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
i realy like this game, i only realy go on online play (kick off style, not ultimate team). that is enough to give it 5 stars but the problem is if im beating someone 4.0 they quit on me and i dont get the points.
it's great fun and i noticed the defending is hard to get used to at first. now im used to it and i love it. its also fun to press triangle for a through ball(maybe to a winger) and slide the ball past the defenders and tear the other teams defence apart.
one thing I dont love is the crossing the ball. I realy enjoyed it on fifa 11 and I scored alot of goals using it. I can't do as well on this.
this is one of my fave games and it's great online.....it is the best fifa I have played (I have played fifa 09,,,,,10 and 11)

Seal
Seal
Offered by Giant Entertainment
Price: 5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars some classic songs, 6 Dec 2011
This review is from: Seal (Audio CD)
this is definitely worth a buy. my fave song on it is "Show Me". the man is a realy good singer aswell! i remember being in my mum and dads car when i was younger and we had it on tape and thats how i first heard it. now i have it on cd....
this is great music. its a bit short but the quality is good anyway.
i recommend it.

Travelling Without Moving
Travelling Without Moving
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK
Price: 4.81

5.0 out of 5 stars The song "Everyday", WOW, 6 Dec 2011
Jamiroquai the band is my favourite music at the moment.
this cd TWM is very good and it has my fave song at the moment called Everyday!
it starts of strongly with the hits Virtual insanity and Cosmic girl. I rate them highly. I do like the album version of Virtual insanity better than the single one.
Everyday is as close to a perfect song you can get in my opinion. it's a song to chill too and the bass and Rhodes and Jay Kays vocals fit nicely. i like it when the strings kick in about 2.07!
the other singles Alright and High times are cool.
the title track is great too and the part around 1.00 will have people moving.
spend a life time the track is nice too.
This cd is worth getting and you can't argue with the price at the moment. All of their other records are worth a listen aswell.

Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Platinum (PS)
Spyro: Year of the Dragon - Platinum (PS)

5.0 out of 5 stars CLASSIC, 5 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
when the game first come out it was worth every penny. the gameplay and graphics are nice for an old game. i have lost my copy a few years ago.....
the game is addictive and u will be on it for most of your day if you have free time, unitil you complete it. its perfect for people aged 5 to 14 but anyone can play it. this is up there with crash bandicoot(my fave 2) rayman, tomb raider.....
your missing out if u dont give this a go.

Page: 1 | 2