Profile for Miranda > Reviews

Panasonic SC-HTB65EB-S 90W Soundbar - Silver
Offered by PANDY

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 20 Aug 2014
A poor panasonic production....quality 4/10

The Blind Policeman (Kindle Single)
The Blind Policeman (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Aug 2014
best denoument for a lon time

Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France
Toute Allure: Falling in Love in Rural France

5.0 out of 5 stars Another lovely read!, 8 July 2014
As with the first book Toute Sweet, I couldn't put it down - fortunately, we had a rather wet day and I took the opportunity (somewhat guiltily) of spending the day reading until the end! Lovely holiday read but I would recommend reading the first book beforehand.

Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France
Tout Sweet: Hanging Up my High Heels for a New Life in France

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excllent reading, 30 Jun 2014
I found I couldn't put this down and when I got to the end, I wanted to know what happened next. I then found there was a sequel which I downloaded immediately and once again I was totally absorbed throughout. Lovely book to read on holiday.

Wenko 18570100 Trio Basic Extendable Telescopic Slide Bar Towel Holder, 12.5 x 7 x 43-77 cm, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Kichen towel rail, 14 May 2014
New kitchen so new rail required.This unit fits well under the working service above a small fan heater.It does not interfere with my legs when I am sitting at the veg preparation area. We use large tea towels which do overlap the ends of the rail a little so they are visible when the rail is pushed in. well satisfied. 10/10

Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Inspector Montalbano: Collection Five [DVD]
Dvd ~ Luca Zingaretti

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Aug 2013
I now have all the Monalbano collections and, as always, found each episode thoroughly enjoyable. I hope there will be more in the future when I would not hesitate to add them to those I have. The best detective series in my opinion.

Nine Coaches Waiting (Mary Stewart Modern Classic)
Nine Coaches Waiting (Mary Stewart Modern Classic)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read, 26 Aug 2013
I enjoyed reading it, particularly the first few chapters about her return to France but would not recommend it other than for a light read on holiday.

High Society [DVD] [1956]
High Society [DVD] [1956]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish there were more like this!, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: High Society [DVD] [1956] (DVD)
I had a recording on VHS and wanted a DVD. It is a film I can enjoy at any time, particularly if I am under stress and need to relax.

Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Touch Screen Display, 3G Works Globally

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Touch pad., 23 May 2012
KINDLE TOUCH 3G. This was bought to supplement my wife's keyboard Kindle. I wanted my own to use to download PDF docs for training. I find that the touchpad is both insensitve and occasionally erratic. My fingers may be dry but unless I lick them before logging on, the pad does not work.It is a little better if Kindle is resting on a table but hand held it is very poor. I use it mostly in landscape mode and the page turning occasionally runs amok and turns several pages at a time,finding one's place then is a bore.The display is very good particularly with re-inking mode. All in all I think that the original keyboard Kindle is the better e-book. Beware Kindle do not make a lit case for this model, which is a neccessity when travelling. Disappointed. A good 3 but could have done better. Delivery etc was excellent. Verb 'to amazon' will be in the new dictionaries.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2012 9:29 AM BST

The Tourist [DVD]
The Tourist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, 27 May 2011
This review is from: The Tourist [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film at the cinema but most of my friends missed it. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the DVD to look at again and all the family (including my 22 year old grandson)thought it was great. Views of Venice are stunning and Depp and Joli excellent as usual.