Profile for Danfromsthelens > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Free vTube for YouTube
Free vTube for YouTube

1.0 out of 5 stars Wtf happened?!, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Free vTube for YouTube (App)
This app was working just fine until recently, now it won't load a single video. Considering that I upgraded to the paid version, this is completely unacceptable and needs to be fixed asap!

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game every, no question, 5 Jan 2014
Why haven't you bought this yet? Stop reading reviews and buy it. NOW! you won't be disappointed, I promise you

NOW IN ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT (SEPTEMBER 2014) -FUSION5 XTRA COMPACT Tablet PC - 10.1" Screen - DUAL CAMERA - 1GB RAM - 16 GB STORAGE - BLUETOOTH - Capacitive 5-Point Touch Screen
Offered by F5CS LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, I bought a lovely roof tile., 5 Jan 2014
When my shiny new tablet arrived I was still in shock that I had managed to find a 10 inch Android tablet with such high specs and great reviews for such a low price. The tablet had great connectivity options, appeared to be well made and ran seemlessly.
I installed and fired up all the usual apps from the play store (facebook, youtube, amazon of course and a few games) and had a little play.

However, after a few hours I began to notice that the Fusion5 Xtra was beginning to struggle. I put it down to rest, as it was getting a bit warm and the transitions between apps was becoming slower and slower. I plugged the sucker in for a few hours to ensure that it was at it's best when I returned.
(By the way, I had already given it the recommended 6 hours charge prior to using it.)

I used it a couple more times and was reasonably happy with the way it ran. The screen isn't brilliant and has to be viewed head on or becomes a reflective photo negative of what you're trying to see, but hey this is a cheap tablet.

The next morning....
Oh no, my new tablet was dead. After twenty four hours after first being powered up, it had completely bricked. Pressed the power button, nothing. Held the power butting, nothing. Checked the instruction manual, useless. Checked the website, ONE FAQ that said:
Q. My tablet is dead, it won’t power up at all. What can I do?
A. Push the button above the USB port for 10 seconds then using a small pin, push the reset hole as we doubt that the tablet has gone to Safemode before using it.

This did not inspire confidentce, so I used a paperclip to press the reset. Nothing happened.
The next logical step was to turn to Google and Youtube. I discovered that you can hard reset an Android device by holding the Vol+ button when powering up to enter recovery mode and restore the device to factory settings. As I did this the tablet sparked into life and began to cycle through it's loading screens, but began to wobble. I mean literally, the screen was wobbling like an old VHS movie before you pressed the "tracking" button! It was becoming painfully obvious that this device was broken and I was wondering whether it was new or refurbished.

It had to go back, but wait a second. I had logged into my emails, youtube account, facebook account, Amazon account and Google play account. All my personal details were now stored on this glorified paperweight, which I could not switch on or reset. This was unacceptable and I had to change all my passwords, lest I be defrauded to within an inch of my life!

I requested a return and the seller authorised it straight away. Just as I was about to repackage the item, I thought I would try to power it up one last time. Lo and behold it worked! Not tempted at all to cancel the return I immediately restored it to factory settings through the menus and sent it on it's merry way.

I have since received a full refund from Fusion5 and I cannot fault their customer service in that respect. They also gave a partial refund for the return delivery cost, which in the end left me £3 out of pocket, but I consider this idiot tax for me believing that cheap doesn't always mean nasty.

And that is how this experience has left me feeling. Like an idiot. It is worth noting that I also bought a 7 inch model for my daughter and so far it has been brilliant for her.

Moral of the story, YOU BUY CHEAP YOU BUY TWICE!!!

PROMOTIONAL PRICE!! 7" RAPID5 ECO TABLET PC - DUAL-CORE CPU - ANDROID 4.2 JELLY BEAN - DUAL CAMERAS - QUAD CORE GPU - USB (RED)
Offered by F5CS LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first tablet, 5 Jan 2014
Bought this for my 6 year old as a cheaper alternative to Kindle/Samsung/Nexus/iPad etc and it's doing OK.
It is a perfectly adequate tablet for light use and can run most games on the Play store. The screen isn't brilliant and the camera isn't worth having, but for a first tablet for my six year old it is ideal. Battery life is OK and the build quality is excellent. Don't expect to be able to view the screen from any other angle than straight on, but again look at the price. The product is weel packaged with all the necessary cables, but the instructions have obviously been translated (literally) from another language and whilst quite funny to read are not much use.

Overall, I'm not sure I would recommend this for regular use, but for a kid it's more than capable of keeping them busy for hours on end.

Twister Hello Kitty Game
Twister Hello Kitty Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Never gets old, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Twister Hello Kitty Game (Toy)
What a great update to a timeless classic. Had us in knots from the get go and my daughter can't get enough of it! Folds away in seconds

Implay® Soft Play Multi-Use Exercise Fitness Mats - 610gsm PVC / High Density Foam - Blue - Green - Red - Yellow - 180cm x 90cm x 5cm (Green)
Offered by Implay

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like PE again!, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this mat to assist with Physiotherapy with my one year old daughter. I was intitially sceptical at the low price, half expecting the product to be of sub-standard quality. Suffice to say I was pleasantly suprised! We use this every day and have to store it by folding it in half, tucked away behind a door. The foam padding has not warped and there are no creases in the mat's outer covering from doing this. This is clearly a hard-wearing product and I would recommend it to anyone!
Fair play to Implay, it arrived very quickly and was extremely well-packaged. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've also used it myself for a bit of light exercise to burn off those Chistmas pounds...

The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
The Walking Dead - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew Lincoln

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show ever made, 12 Sep 2013
I watch this endlessly. TV gold and this is where it all started. Nothing can top that opening scene with the little girl.

Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.BUY IT!

Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS -  Coral Pink Bundle with Nintendogs and Cats - Golden Retriever
Nintendo Handheld Console 3DS - Coral Pink Bundle with Nintendogs and Cats - Golden Retriever
Offered by EUROGAMES

4.0 out of 5 stars Starting to look very outdated, 12 Sep 2013
My daughter loves her 3DS, but I can't help but look at it and think "Why didn't I spend half the money on a decent Android tablet?"

£150 for an outdated console and £25+ per game when you could pay less than £100 for a tablet that the whole family could use and has thousands of free games and premium games for less than a tenner?

I must have been mad or high. But Nintendo has better marketing and my daughter wanted a 3DS from father Christmas.... *le sigh*
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 8:34 PM BST

BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000
BT Digital Video Baby Monitor 1000

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it every day and it's invaluable, 12 Sep 2013
The BT Digital Bay Monitor 1000 is an extremely well made and easy to use video baby monitor.

The child unit is easy to position and can be mounted on any vertical surface if required using the bracket included. We bought this to keep a close eye on our daughter, as she is pump fed through the night and the monitor is sensitive enough to pick up any alarms from the pump, as well as any alarms from the baby!

The picture quality is excellent and works brilliantly at night with night vision mode. The sound quality isn't exactly Dolby 7.1 surround, but does what it needs to. The addition of being able to talk back is also useful, least of all for communicating with your other half when it's their turn to get out of bed.

We had only one issue when the parent unit had sound and latency issues, but we contacted Amazon and received a replacement THE NEXT DAY!!!! No issues, no fuss, just replaced it free of charge.

Buy it, you'll love it! :D

Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure (Nintendo 3DS)
Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure (Nintendo 3DS)
Offered by mememe123

3.0 out of 5 stars Beauty is a beast, but I still would..., 12 Sep 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I am an avid gamer and if I were to rate this game, one star would be generous. The graphics are poor, game play repetitive, sound quality awful and the music? Urgh, the music...

However....

My five year-old daughter loves this game and continues to play it 9 months later, preferring it over Mario and Nintendogs. I can only assume that this is down to the fact that it features all of her favourite princesses with pretty good voice acting, detailed character customisation and is reasonably intuitive for her small hands.

Every now and again she hands the 3DS to me and asks me to complete a level if she is stuck and it reminds me of a late PSOne or early PS2 game.

The person buying this game is likely wondering one thing: "Will this keep her quiet for an hour?"
The answer is yes (and then some).

So go ahead, buy this piece of crap, she'll love it.

Page: 1 | 2