Profile for FAMOUS NAME > Reviews

Content by FAMOUS NAME

FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Aquapalz Dolphin
Aquapalz Dolphin

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE ENTERTAINING THAN YOU’D THINK!, 28 May 2016
This review is from: Aquapalz Dolphin (Toy)
I only ever really purchase unusual and rather different electronic handheld pets, and never really thought of having a fish before! I stumbled upon this one by chance. This is a Dolphin, and I thought it may be a bit boring compared to most other pets I have in my collection, if only for the fact I thought it would be pretty limited as to what you could do with it, and how something could really evolve that much in water... However; this has been a pleasant surprise!

‘Gamze’, though I don’t think probably rate on people’s list as high – or anywhere near as popular as say Tamagotchi and the like, do make some pretty good quality electronic pets in my opinion. I have the whole collection of the ‘Anipalz’ they did some years back (see my reviews for those) and they are not delicate Units; made quite robust, somewhat larger than your average electronic pets, and so appear to be more durable as a result. This one though, on a critical note has touch sensor buttons which respond to actual pressure (unlike the Anipalz which you literally just ‘touched’ – no pressure involved) and therefore are not always so responsive, and so like any electronic pet; press too hard, and you know the results... The Unit will reset - and you lose all your hard work and nurturing...

However, it doesn’t happen often, and you soon get to know how much pressure NOT to use, and that aside, this is WAY more interesting than I ever expected it to be, and has turned out to be one of my favourites! : - ) There is also a soft blue back light which flickers on and off during game play which is a nice touch, and the sounds are very sweet. (not irritating like a lot of e-pets can be) More than that though, is your Dolphin’s cute face as he swims excitedly up close to the screen when pleased and spins around in circles when delighted! He/she grows and changes (evolves) and will get unhappy at times, and it will take awhile before you get to know what the problems are, and you lose a few of them, and so this makes this a bit more of a challenge than your usual e-pet.

I LOVE this so much, I now want the full set. They do a Jelly Fish and a Tropical Fish. The Units are a nice colour, neat and tactile, and the water element is quite convincing; not only do you see the water flow and tip if you turn the Unit upside down or sideways, but you actually hear it swishing about and see the bubbles!

Great Electronic Pet that I’d recommend to anyone who likes something a little bit different for a change from your typical Tamagotchi!

Offered by DealsCentre

5.0 out of 5 stars DON’T BE MOCKED BY THAT WICKED SKULL!!, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Tomb of Doom Game (Toy)
Considering this is a kid’s game, it’s more than simply a bit of fun! It’s really quite challenging!

The aim of the Game is to acquire two coins to win from the Treasure Chest which is being guarded by the fearsome electronic skull! But this is not as easy as it sounds! You face various challenges which are decided by the drawing of cards from a small stock. The challenge given, may be to anticipate which cobra you may select from a nest, or whether or not you are able to piece up two halves of the same map - or even which gargoyle a gruesome glassy eye ball may roll beneath! Whatever the challenge, it won’t be as easy as it seems! However; should you succeed in your quest, you’re not there yet! You then have to choose one from eight keys that look completely identical, and see if it fits the lock of the Treasure Chest in order to gain your coin. If it doesn’t open the Chest, then the huge skull rolls its eyeballs fiendishly accompanied by wicked laughter at your failure!

This is such a great game, because not only is it very entertaining, but it really is a challenge – even for the older player! I mean there are the eight keys as mentioned, but apart from looking identical, they are ‘stored’ in various slots around the Altar, and so of course each time one is tried, you must try to remember which one has already been used – and from which hole, because they all look the same, there really is no other way of knowing which one will fit...

Very well made and thought out – and a great idea from ‘Goliath’ Games!

Tomb of Doom
Tomb of Doom
Offered by Super Duper

5.0 out of 5 stars DON’T BE MOCKED BY THAT WICKED SKULL!!, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Tomb of Doom (Toy)

Very well made and thought out – and a great idea originally from ‘Goliath’ Games!

5.0 out of 5 stars DON’T BE MOCKED BY THAT WICKED SKULL!!, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Tomb of Doom Game (Toy)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TECHNOLOGY - BUT TRASHY UNIT...., 20 May 2016
GREAT TECHNOLOGY - BUT TRASHY UNIT....

PLEASE NOTE: THE FIVE STARS ARE FOR WHAT THIS ITEM DOES & THE TECHNOLOGY – NOT THE QUALITY OF THIS PRODUCT WHICH WOULD BE –ZERO, IF IT COULD BE...

I have to give this technology and appliance a full five stars, simply because not to do so, would be an indictment, as to be SO damaging to anyone thinking of trying out this SUPER beneficial technology for the very first time, that could be so helpful to them, and may be otherwise put off by it. I would hate to be responsible in putting anyone off the benefits of this Machine. However; having said that, I doubt very much that anything or anyone could put anyone off this Item more, than it’s terribly poor build quality by itself...

I’ve been using Light and Sound Mind Machines for years. My very first encounter was experimental, knowing absolutely NOTHING about the technology or its benefits. It was called an ‘RWS’ Machine, which I acquired through a small catalogue company called ‘Innovations’ many years ago. I found it SO helpful, that ever since, I’ve done nothing but ‘upgrade’ in terms of build, sophistication and quality of every Machine I have purchased subsequently – until this one which was my biggest blunder...

With regard to what it actually does, I will give it top marks – no hesitation, but with regards to quality and build – I would strongly advise people to look around for something much better. (which will not be difficult!)

The plastic here used to house the main Unit could not be more cheap or flimsy... It’s like something made in the old days from Hong Kong – in fact, I would even go so far as to say, that it would be an insult really to say even that in comparison to those products, because even the quality of those would be reflected in the cheap price – not so here! Why any company would house such advanced and useful technology in such crap materials is quite beyond me... Do not be fooled; this has NOTHING to do with saving the customer money to keep prices down, and thus bringing an otherwise unreachable technology to the average person; I own too many, and in particular, a Nova Pro 100 which is ALL metal and fabulous – along with several other Mind Machines – all of which are better made than this – and cost far less to know that much! There’s nothing wrong with housing it in plastic at all; there are some VERY nice quality and strong plastics out there – but this isn’t one of them... It’s just the cheapest stuff imaginable without any ‘finish’ whatsoever; – stress marks all over; the little lip will break off the battery cover in just a couple of change of batteries it’s so thin and brittle.... (you know the kind of stuff, right?)

The color-track glasses are SUPERB and are really the main reason I purchased this model, plus I did think that having a smaller Machine would encourage me to get it out, and to use it more often and would be easier to ‘wire-up’ than my other Machines which are bigger and more cumbersome, but the terribly cheap and nasty build of this was just not worth that plus side...

I cannot understand why a company would use such rubbish materials to sell a technology which still after many years, not enough people really know about, and so needs all the good promoting it can get! This kind of promoting has no room for cheap manufacture... Many people would take one look at this new technology and judge it by the look and feel of this thing that looks like it came free with a McDonalds, and say ‘it’s a gimmick’ - which to me, someone who has received so much benefit, is truly heart-breaking... My comments may seem harsh, but be sure to note that it is ONLY about the build and its production, and NOT what it does – or more importantly, the technology! What it does is absolutely great! If you need to relax, sleep, meditate, and you’ve tried everything else, you won’t find anything more effective than this kind of thing, but I really don’t think that this Unit will last you very long at all – even with the greatest of care... I’m having problems already... The sockets are very poor; you have to really ‘fiddle’ in order to get the connection right. As explained; the case of the Unit is trash and flimsy, buttons are not that responsive either, and so it does really worry me as to just how long this particular Unit will last me before I have to bin it... (and I never usually bin anything...)

Thank God I still have my Nova Pro 100 to fall back on is the best I can say!! : – }

Putz die Wutz [German Version]
Putz die Wutz [German Version]

5.0 out of 5 stars PIG MANIA!!, 19 May 2016
Can’t believe this is yet another game I’m first to review, as it’s a fabulous game!

A great game for everyone and for all ages – particularly the older person, as I should imagine this is one of those games that is sure to keep your brain alert and active! Many things to think about as you have to decipher the three special dice, look at the tiles, and make fast decisions – all in a matter of seconds! It’s definitely a game one would get better at the more and longer they played. As with most things German; game components are of the highest quality and beautiful and tactile to handle, and I suspect I’m probably the first to review this, for the description stating it’s the ‘German’ version and perhaps many people passing it by, thinking that the rules would only be in German – well I can assure you that this does include the English rules too!

Great game also for any lover of all things ‘pigs’! : –)

Boggle Electronic Handheld Game (2002) by Hasbro
Boggle Electronic Handheld Game (2002) by Hasbro
Offered by DALY store

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT QUALITY GAME WITH A LARGE CLEAR SCREEN!, 11 May 2016
Nice little hand held that I added to my collection not too long ago. I have more than a couple of hundred, and this is nice and easy to just pick up and pass a few minutes – or perhaps at night to have beside the bed just before I go to sleep if I don't feel like reading. I think I purchased this before I’d purchased the original boggle dice game that I was not familiar with. Nice and easy to hold – just about the right size, and the screen is large with nice large letters. Nothing negative to say about this really, other than it doesn’t have words in its dictionary that could be considered rude or offensive in alternative uses; for instance I found that the word ‘bitch’ which we all know is a female dog, was not stored – can’t think of any reason why this would not be in other than it was considered obscene!??

Milton Bradley Electronic Handheld Boggle by Milton Bradley
Milton Bradley Electronic Handheld Boggle by Milton Bradley
Offered by DALY store

Handheld Electronic Boggle
Handheld Electronic Boggle
Offered by JPG Enterprises UK

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT QUALITY GAME WITH A LARGE CLEAR SCREEN!, 11 May 2016
This review is from: Handheld Electronic Boggle (Toy)

Winning Moves - Double Quick
Winning Moves - Double Quick

5.0 out of 5 stars WORD GAME WITH A DIFFERENCE!, 10 May 2016
This review is from: Winning Moves - Double Quick (Toy)
Not being terribly fond of word games – I had my reservations about this one, and saw that it had the usual electronic timer along with a series of plastic letter tiles, but this is a word game with a difference!

Each player has a number of letters to begin with, and at the start of the timer, each player must get rid of all his letters EXCEPTING one, in crossword fashion of their own – not linking up with other players in the usual way in these types of games! At the end of that round, players ‘swap’ the left over tile with his opponent, and draws two more and starts again in the same way – except that they can re-use and re-arrange ALL his previous letters!

This is a fast game and makes a refreshing change from all those other long and boring word games which usually take forever in terms of downtime between turns – a thing that this does! (thank God it didn’t come with an egg timer!!)

Super game!