Profile for Paddles O'Maddles > Reviews

The Ghost of White Hart Lane: In Search of My Father the Football Legend
The Ghost of White Hart Lane: In Search of My Father the Football Legend
Price: 5.98

4.0 out of 5 stars John White, 24 Feb 2014
My father won money on the 'double-winning' side of 1960-1961 and I knew all of their names before I knew all of the United players back in the sixties (I'm a United fan). This biography of one of the best midfielders ever is an obvious 'labour of love' but it is also a beautifully written book. Cherish the legend because John White truly was one !

Psycho Pat - The Autobiography of Pat Van den Hauwe: Legend or Madman
Psycho Pat - The Autobiography of Pat Van den Hauwe: Legend or Madman
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars PVDH, 24 Feb 2014
I knew Pat's brother and mother when I worked with them in the early eighties and I knew a girl who went out with Pat at the same time. He often used to go for a beer with his brother and I came along quite often. He was good company and yet, you knew, he was always looking around on the off-chance. I enjoyed his book because he tells it as it was and, if you want to read the story of somebody who made the best of what he had, read this. Incidentally, his brother, Rudi, was a better player !

The King Of Rock 'N' Roll: The Complete 50'S Masters
The King Of Rock 'N' Roll: The Complete 50'S Masters
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 16.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis 50s., 24 Feb 2014
Everything he did in the fifties is here and more. His best recording period in my opinion and I love this collection.

Looking For Eric [DVD]
Looking For Eric [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eric Cantona
Price: 4.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Eric, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Looking For Eric [DVD] (DVD)
I defy anyone to watch this film and not enjoy it. It'll never win any awards but, for fun and a little drama, it's a pleasure to watch.

Steak Diana Ross: Diary of a Football Nobody
Steak Diana Ross: Diary of a Football Nobody
Price: 1.11

5.0 out of 5 stars David McVay, 24 Feb 2014
Great fun for anyone who wants to read about an 'ordinary' footballer who had an 'ordinary' career. In my opinion, anyone who makes a living from playing football is extraordinary !

When George Came to Edinburgh
When George Came to Edinburgh
Price: 3.47

4.0 out of 5 stars MacBestie., 24 Feb 2014
I devour everything about Bestie having been introduced to him by my cousin back in the sixties and it was interesting to read about his time (or not) in Edinburgh.

Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2013-2014
Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2013-2014
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-Rothman's, 24 Feb 2014
Fantastic work as always. You can never get enough knowledge about football (says the Irish anorak) and I have almost every edition of this work.

Up Pohnpei: Leading the ultimate football underdogs to glory
Up Pohnpei: Leading the ultimate football underdogs to glory
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Pohnpei, 24 Feb 2014
Paul Watson's book is a labour of love and an inspiration. It's also an amazing tale of what somebody can achieve when they really want to do something in the game. I was envious to say the least and would recommend this book to everybody.

Does Your Rabbi Know You're Here?: The Story of English Football's Forgotten Tribe
Price: 3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewish Footballers., 24 Feb 2014
I was fascinated by this book as it introduced me to footballers that I wasn't aware of from the 1920's onwards. Really impressed by Anthony Clavane's detailed research and the way in which he presented the work. recommende to anyone with an interest in football's lesser-know heroes !

John Lyall West Ham Legend
John Lyall West Ham Legend
Price: 1.02

3.0 out of 5 stars John Lyall, 24 Feb 2014
It's o.k. That's all I can say. I grew up watching a lot of Lyall's West Ham United teams in the seventies and it was good to read a bit about the man behind them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3