Profile for Ms. D. L. Williams > Reviews

Content by Ms. D. L. Williams

Ms. D. L. Williams "Deaf Firefly" (UK)

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't read it last thing at night, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Smoke and Mirrors (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant stuff, but not for bedtime reading. I've learned my lesson. Amazon says nine words are required. Three. Two. One.

Boys Interchangable Strap Watch
Boys Interchangable Strap Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for boys, 31 Oct 2013
Reasonably priced, maybe slightly cheap material but looks fine, good choices and fits my tiny adult female wrist. I like.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 19 July 2012
May take a little while to get going but definitely worth reading. Having to stop myself buying rest of series until I finish my dissertation!

The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-shooting Tips and Advice on First-year Maintenance (Owner's and Instruction Manual)
by Louis Borgenicht

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny but good, 16 Sep 2011
For all that it's a flippant title and book, and a good fun gift, it does actually have some useful common-sense tips. Was very well-received!

EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 8520 CURVE TYRE TREAD SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN BLUE
EMARTBUY BLACKBERRY 8520 CURVE TYRE TREAD SILICON CASE/COVER/SKIN BLUE
Offered by emartbuyuk
Price: 1.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on tin, 7 Oct 2010
Colour blue slightly darker than in picture but otherwise item is as described, looks good, protects phone, does what it says.

Sanctuary Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2007]
Sanctuary Complete Season 1 [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Amanda Tapping
Price: 12.25

1.0 out of 5 stars No subtitles = unwatchable, 16 April 2010
I an deaf. Having watched some of Sanctuary season one and most of season two on ITV2/4, I love the show and wanted to watch it all from the beginning. With this in mind, I bought this DVD box set. Amazon didn't state whether or not it had subtitles, but as this is a detail that Amazon so often tends to leave out and as Amanda Tapping, the lead actress / producer of the show is a patron of Hearing Dogs for the Deaf, I didn't worry. Unfortunately, when the DVDs arrived, I discovered that there were in fact, no subtitles, rendering them useless to me. A mixture of disappointment and irritation, both at the lack of subtitles and the lack of a reply from the region 2 distrbutors regarding this omission is what leads me to slate the DVDs. The show is great, pity about the lack of subtitles. If you don't need subtitles in order to understand major plot points, go ahead and buy them, as I say, it's a good show.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2010 11:52 AM BST