Profile for Templar Truth > Reviews

Templar Truth (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
WALTONS 1523 Brass Irish C Whistle
WALTONS 1523 Brass Irish C Whistle

3.0 out of 5 stars While I am pleased that this whistle seems to be playing quite well, 25 Nov. 2014
I thought I would take a risk after seeing negative reviews of Walton's whilstles, also to see what I thought. While I am pleased that this whistle seems to be playing quite well, apart from slight problems at first with higher registers, the quality control of the finish could do with more attention. In comparison with other whistles the finish is uneven, which looks as if the spraying process of the coating was not very consistent, with patches where the coating went on a bit more heavily than in other places. I don't know if it is the original metal of the tube or the finish, but there is a kind of grain all running along the finish. The total result is that the whistle does not appear as bright and shiny new in comparison to other whistles that I have. Perhaps one might think if the appearance as aged or second hand, which is a pity for the tradition of the firm having produced whistles since 1922, as the label proclaims.

The finish on the Feadog, Generation and Clarke's are much better, so if anything I would recommend Feadog's of Clarkes for C and D and Generations for the wider range of keys, unless one feels particularly committed to using Waltons.

I very much hope, for their own sakes, as well as the satisfaction of their clients, that Walton's improve their manufacturing processes and quality control to match those of other makers.

Divine Towels
Divine Towels
by Beau Jason McGlynn

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Enjoyable and Encouraging Read, 29 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Divine Towels (Paperback)
The story reminds me slightly of In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon which has become something of a classic. I don't want to spoil it by outlining the plot, except to say that anyone interested in Christian Healing Ministry and also seeking to trust to the Lord's guidance in whatever calling they feel to follow, should enjoy it. Jason really goes into the minds of the mother and son who seek to follow the Lord's lead in bringing healing to people. It can be slightly involved sometimes but gives a good idea of how real people of the Lord will focus in relation to their faith.

It rather comes to an abrupt end after a quite serious setback to the ministry, but with strong hopes for a resurrection and move on to even greater ministry to others later on, which will presumably follow in the sequel that I understand Jason is in the process of producing at the moment.

I have enjoyed the story greatly and it has been a great encouragement to me. Jason's writing and spirituality has clearly been honed by personal difficulties which he seems to have surmounted quite a lot and his own story must surely be a great encouragement to others similarly afflicted. He has triumphed where some might have simply given in to their problems and I thank him very much for his efforts in making such an interesting and enjoyable read. God bless you Jason !

The New Knighthood: A History of the Order of the Temple (Canto Classics)
The New Knighthood: A History of the Order of the Temple (Canto Classics)
by Malcolm Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars The Truth About the Templars - Don't Miss It !, 20 Aug. 2014
If you want the truth about who the Knights Templar were, I thoroughly recommend this particular book. Forget the fanciful pulp rubbish that some have published, as well as the speculations that really do not honour the memory of who the Templars really were, this is the best read and Malcolm Barber's book about their false trials, "The Trial of the Templars".

All Holy Templar Martyrs pray for us !

Yato professional philips screwdriver bits set 2 pcs extra long 150mm
Yato professional philips screwdriver bits set 2 pcs extra long 150mm
Offered by tool-craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Can get into places other makes this length cannot, 2 Aug. 2014
I am very pleased with these and they are a very good quality. I am particularly pleased because unlike many other makes this length they are narrow, so that they fit down through holes the same width as the blades. Others, (which come in a rectangular holder up the middle to keep the set together, when not in use), are thicker and hexagonal, so unless the hole is wide enough will be useless.

Sadly I have looked in vain for a pair of these having standard flat blades. It would be helpful if Yatto also made these, or if they do, the buyer at Amazon stocked them. I have however found a complete generic set of 10 with them, including a mixture of other standard blades on another major site, so Yatto and Amazon will miss out unless they also make/source them. It would also be handy if they came in a some kind of holder, although one can always use some velcro for this.

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and works with with my Windows 7 laptop as well as my Android TV box with an extra dongle, 23 July 2014
I am really pleased wth this keyboard, but don't want to simply repeat all of the positive comments already made. It works perfectly with my Android TV box and with an extra USB dongle, I am also able to use it with my laptop as a way of not having to be hunched over it all the time with the standard keyboard. This Logitech keyboard is slightly smaller than the one on my laptop, so it feels a little strange from that point of view, but I can see that I will gradually get used to it, even for writing a PhD thesis if I had to.

It wasn't clear from the instructions, but if one needs to, there is a handy slot inside the battery compartment to clip the dongle into for storage when not in use, for instance, whilst travelling.

It would be handy if Logitech made a suitable carrying pouch for this keyboard, (I don't understand why many manufacturers of things don't think if this). However there is a dedicated neoprene pouch available from a third party, Cosmos, (I am still awaiting delivery at the moment), http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J5XVPF2/.

A word for anyone buying an additional dongle - At first I thought the dongle was a dud and was thinking of returning it, but on looking on the Logitech Support site I realised that I needed to use a small bit of downloadable software available there. It installed nicely on my Windows 7 laptop and with a test and confirmation showing on the software, everything is now working without any problems. I thought that that having paired with the extra dongle properly, it would also work fine with my
Android TV box as well. if I should happen to swap the dongles over. It does, but only when I put my extra dongle into the slot for my Android box. The original dongle no longer works with the extra one, although I will have to pair it with my laptop, at time of writing, I will see if pairing with my laptop also enables the original one to work back with the Android and will report back here if it does.

Foxnovo Anti-fatigue Folding Handy Reading Glasses Presbyopic Glasses +2.0 Pocket Zippered Nylon Box Case
Offered by Uoogifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and very handy, 3 July 2014
I am very pleased with this purchase, even though it took slightly longer to arrive from Hong Kong. The lenses are very good quality as are the frames and case. They came with little polishing cloths inside the cases, as well as an extra one sent by the seller.

The case is quite light, but will protect the glasses very well, unless unusual weight is exerted on it and the elastic at one side is very handy for mounting it on one's belt. I quite like the tweedy material on the outside as well, which makes a change from some cases that tend to be black or just one colour.

I can see that these glasses are going to be very handy when I am out and about. They are also inexpensive enough to buy more to keep as spares, or place in different places for handy use and I have just ordered a couple more.

C.K 492001 Electricians Scissors
C.K 492001 Electricians Scissors

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Cutting Paracord, 24 April 2014
While I will use these for lots of other things, including electrical work, I primarily bought these hoping that they would be just the job for cutting paracord and I am not disappointed.

Previously I have used other knives and scissors, but sadly most have tended to fray the ends of the paracord, not making for a very tidy end, ready for sealing. These are not doing that, so I am very pleased. The ordinary blades do a good job, but the cutting notch really comes into its own for this, holding the cord still whilst cutting. Using the ordinary blades also gives me good results, largely because of the micro serrations, which hold the cord in place.

I am pleased that these come with the holder, as it protects the scissor ends from doing any damage to anything. It was fairly stiff, as I think someone else has commented, but on manipulating the scissors in it, I am happy that they now slide into it quite well. Any looser and they would fall out, I think. The holder has a useful flap for putting over a belt and with a press stud for closing, which would be handy for many people.

I cannot say that I particularly like the colours, but otherwise, all in all, this is a good purchase.

Franciscan Office Book-Revised
Franciscan Office Book-Revised

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, although some drawbacks, 23 April 2014
This is very good for those who would like a Franciscan version of the Liturgy of the Hours using the traditional titles for the offices and using traditional "thee" and "thou" language. As another review has pointed out though, one does need to have a good familiarity with traditional office books to find ones way around properly.

Although the producer has his own preferences for language, he would do everyone a great service if he could also produce this in a modern language version as well. Possibly with a similar organisation to that of the Anglican Society of St Francis, "Celebrating Common Prayer", which does not have a Kindle edition sadly, then, as long as the links etc. were properly done, it would warrant a full five star rating with me.

Playing The Mountain Dulcimer Made Easy Vol I
Playing The Mountain Dulcimer Made Easy Vol I

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly formatted apart from being potentially very good, 3 April 2014
I have sadly had to return this Kindle edition for a refund as it is badly formatted to the extent that the numbers in the tabs are not showing on the tab grid on my device, (a Samsung Tab 3 8).

If only the preview had shown more pages up front, where the tabs were shown, this would have enabled me to avoid purchasing this and having to return it for a refund.

I do wish that publishers of Kindle versions of books showed important content in the previews generally, and not just preliminary information, so that we could see if we are happy with our potential purchases and not end up disappointed.

The Road to Assisi: The Essential Biography of St. Francis: 120th Anniversary Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Abridged Translation but helpful introductions, 26 Mar. 2014
Paul Sabatier's Life of St Francis is an excellent biography of him and I understand is on the reading list for many, would be, members of the Franciscan Third Order. I was hopeful that as an updated translation, this book would have been an improvement from the original translation by Louise Seymour Houghton of 1919. I am disappointed though, because this version glosses over some details and also omits some bits which give a better colour to the information.

The introductions to some parts are quite interesting and helpful and if Jon Sweeney could have another go and not omit the texts that he has, whilst also including these introductions, it would make this book much better and not so much, what might be considered, a liberty against Paul Sabatier's original. I think it would also be helpful if the cover made it clearer that this is an updated and abridged version of his "Life of St Francis" as, to me at least, the title of this one is misleading.

If anyone does not mind the abridged nature of this book, they will probably quite like it, otherwise I would recommend the following which is free in Kindle format Life of St. Francis of Assisi

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10