Profile for Neil Philp > Reviews

Content by Neil Philp

Neil Philp

Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Wolf's Head (The Forest Lord Book 1)
Price: 2.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic novel, 14 April 2014
Fantastic novel - bought primarily for the period it covers, and the fact it was a series - completely unaware Robin Hood was the main character (I'm happy to admit that I completely judge a book solely by its cover - unashamedly).

The story moves quickly, and doesn't linger too long over the less important detail, with plenty of period references to give a great account of how life was lived in these harsh times.

It's only fault........many of my weekly chores were left undone, whilst I hungrily raced through this feast of a book - Five Stars

Harlequin (The Grail Quest, Book 1)
Harlequin (The Grail Quest, Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars History made fun!, 28 Sep 2013
I love this book for it's accuracy of historic key moments. Interestingly, the storyline follows the life of an individual who is fictitiously woven into a plot that runs along side the facts as they unfolded in a time almost forgotten, yet played such an influential part in our being where we are today. It's like being whisked back into the Middle Ages......I love the detail of day to day life way back when. It's ironic to reflect how little life has changed with regard to, not so much how wars are fought but, how the victims of war suffer.......and how life is still so cheap! A beautifully written roller coaster of an epic.
Neil S Philp