Profile for Gemma > Reviews

Content by Gemma

Gemma (Leeds, UK)

Apple 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation (Launched May 2013)
Apple 16GB iPod Touch 5th Generation (Launched May 2013)
Offered by JTL STOCKS

5.0 out of 5 stars New to the iPod Touch, 21 July 2013
Having only ever owned an iPod nano I decided to get this little device because my old iPod had finally bitten the dust.

So far, I am very impressed! Now, I chose the 16gb as I don't need a rear camera as I have my mobile phone for this (and this is the Galaxy s4 so it's pretty good quality!) I also wasn't bothered about a colour, black and silver is timeless. The iPod has all of the features you'd want for an iPod, apps, music, Siri and the other handy apple features like FaceTime and iMessage. It's all wifi based so most of the features have to be used at home but it's an iPod and not a phone so that's perfectly acceptable.

It's very light, thin and handy to put in a bag or pocket. The headphones it comes with are ok too, much better than the old apple headphones. Be careful though, as if you're new to iPods phones etc you'll need to buy a charger as this only comes with the USB connector. This isn't an issue for us though, with 2 iPads and iPods we had plenty of chargers spare!

10/10.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2013 3:39 PM BST

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
by Jen Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 30 Jan 2013
I read Jen's blog, and I finally managed to get the book.

I read it in less than an afternoon - it is short, but it's very funny. Lots of 'head-desk' moments.

Have recommended it to everyone I know!

SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - Classics (Xbox 360)
SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - Classics (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good..., 30 Jan 2013
I loved the idea of this! I bought it for my parents who always say they loved the older games.

They like it, but there isn't much choice! A lot of the games I remember aren't on here, except for the Sonic collections and the Columns game.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD]
How I Met Your Mother - Season 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Segel
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 30 Jan 2013
HIMYM is one of my favourite tv shows - I was delighted to get this DVD to add to my collection.

I'm not going to waffle on about Season 5 - but the extras are pretty much in the same set up as the other DVDs that have been released, bloopers, deleted scenes, behind the scenes.

Would recommend.

Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 30 Jan 2013
It's exactly what it's called. The HIGHLIGHTS of the film, I was a little disappointed that it doesn't include 'Do you Hear the People Sing?' as that's one of my personal favourites and IMO is one of the most important songs in the whole show, but never the less it's still a brilliant collection.

Anne Hathaway and Samantha Barks stole the show for me, so I'm really pleased 'I Dreamed a Dream' and 'On My Own' are on this CD.

Loved it. Would definitely recommend. 4/5 only because 'Do you Hear the People Sing?' wasn't on it!

VonShef 18 Piece Silicone Bakeware Baking Set - Cupcake, Round Cake, Loaf Moulds, Icing Decorator + Spatula & Pastry Brush
Offered by Designer Habitat

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly as it says..., 11 July 2012
Product not exactly as described, I was expecting cupcake moulds to be the pastel colours instead I got blue, red, white and yellow - not pastel colours at all. The two round cake moulds don't match in colour, one is hot pink and the other baby blue. The loaf mould, pastry brush, spatula and squeezy bottle are as pictured and described.

Not had chance to try them out yet. Good delivery and all products relatively clean upon arrival.

Overall, they're ok. But not if you want a matching set of bakeware.