Profile for Gerry McGovern > Reviews

Content by Gerry McGovern

Gerry McGovern

Sonos PLAYBAR TV Soundbar and wireless speaker for streaming music
Sonos PLAYBAR TV Soundbar and wireless speaker for streaming music

5.0 out of 5 stars All very expensive but not too bad if you buy them one by one which I ..., 4 Mar. 2015
I recently set up my Sonos Playbar, after buying 2 Play 1's and a Sub. All very expensive but not too bad if you buy them one by one which I did. I am very pleased with the sound it really is top's. Just one small quibble, Sonos say the best way to set up the unit is to bolt it to a wall or leave sitting on a HI-Fi unit, however I wanted to attache it to the bottom of the TV, so when I moved the TV, which is on a bracket bolted to the wall the sound moved with it. I used a Sanus bracket to mount the Bar to the TV, but found the Playbar is now pointed downwards. Not hugely but does not look great. I think the weight of the Playbar may have something to do with it. Still, in my opinion, the best Hi-Fi surround system around.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2015 11:39 AM GMT

Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard for Smart TV (New for 2013)
Samsung VG-KBD2000 Wireless Keyboard for Smart TV (New for 2013)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 5 May 2014
Bought this keyboard for my Series 9 TV. Only one problem, when entering my email address to set up an account, I clicked @ but what came up was ". I went back to Curry's and asked about this, the sales assistant after scraching his head, said " can't change that, you will have to get used to it". I said no way, so he brought me over to one of the Tech guy's, who said the same. Tempted to tell them to shove it where the monkey shoves his nuts, instead I returned home for another try before returning it. This time I was able to sort it out in the menu, should have tried this first! All in all a very good keyboard, well made and cool.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2014 4:47 PM BST

Acoustique & More
Acoustique & More

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class!, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Acoustique & More (Audio CD)
Fantastic cd, I play it over and over again. Guy's, keep up the great work, we can never get to much of Foreigner. Well done, Kelly.

The Entertainer (NTSC) [DVD]
The Entertainer (NTSC) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Garth Brooks
Offered by msales-8

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Entertainer (NTSC) [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this box set a few day's ago, Feb 2014, I haven't had a chance to see all five dvd's, however the two I have seen are fantastic. They were recorded in 14 as against 16, so if your tv is a wide screen and very few are not these day's, there will be the black bar on either side of screen. The set was recorded in NTSC which as every school boy, or school girl know's, it will play no problem in the UK or Ireland. Dvd's recorded in PAL will not play the other way around! I would recommend this box set it is well worth the money and is excellent entertainment.