Profile for honest writer > Reviews

Content by honest writer

honest writer "happy days" (Essex, UK)

Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser, Black
Breville VKJ318 Hot Cup with Variable Dispenser, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaking after 13 months use, 3 Nov. 2014
Good to begin with....
I bought this product in July 2013 and was very pleased with it, water comes out really hot. However after about 13 months of use the blue light on the top left of the machine that illuminates when you switch it on has stopped working. No big deal but about a week later I have found that water is leaking from that base, leaving a small puddle on the work surface. My 12 month guarantee has expired, but I expected a Breville product to last longer than 13 months!

Brabantia Ironing Board Replacement Felt Pad, Size E, 135 x 49cm - White
Brabantia Ironing Board Replacement Felt Pad, Size E, 135 x 49cm - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have one of these!, 17 July 2009
My Brabantia ironing board came with a felt pad but after about 4 years of use I needed to replace it. When it arrived I forgot just how thick it was as compared to my now, worn out felt pad which was completely flat! I placed my ironing board on top of the new felt cover and drew a line around the board to cut it to size, but when I got to the bit where the ironing board starts to narrow in, I left a one inch border so the padding would continue down and around the sides. This is because the original felt pad which was on my board (after years of use) had moved under the ironing board cover and when ironing on the curved edge, this line would penetrate through the clothing. Doing it this way means that it can't move about. No water drips through the felt pad by the way which I read happens with the Brabantia life long ironing board cover! Best buy the felt pad and ironing board cover separately (which is still cheaper than the life-long cover) as I did so you are not disappointed in paying out for a product thats more expensive and lets the water drip through!

A great product which everyone should have on their ironing board - you will notice a great difference with it on.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2014 3:40 PM BST

Braun Silk&Soft 5560 Ladies Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Braun Silk&Soft 5560 Ladies Rechargeable Electric Shaver
Offered by BestBuyUk

2.0 out of 5 stars its ok, 17 July 2009
This electric shaver is ok but its not as good as my previous one. It doesn't shave as close as I would like but I like the fact that you can plug it straight into the shaver point and use it.

Wii Play with Wii Remote Controller (Wii)
Wii Play with Wii Remote Controller (Wii)
Offered by konsolenkost

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 17 July 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I wanted a new remote for the wii. This product provided the remote plus you get the benefit of a CD which contains some games. I can't remember them all but there's a fishing game, shooting game, cow racing (hilarious), snooker (or pool) plus various others. Although when first looking at the game you think its for very young children, my 15 year old daughter plays it quite a bit, mainly playing the cow racing. For the price you can't beat it as you would pay this just for the wii remote controller alone!