ARRAY(0xa8094f84)

Profile for Welsh Grandma > Reviews

Content by Welsh Grandma

Welsh Grandma (Wrexham, North Wales)

eSecure - in Ear Mini Amplifier Hearing Aids Aid + Batteries
eSecure - in Ear Mini Amplifier Hearing Aids Aid + Batteries
Offered by eSecure
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Little Miracle, 14 Sep 2013
I have not been diagnosed as having a hearing disorder but over time I have found that I need to turn the tv up to quite a high volume to hear it. Having to look after children does not help with their constant squealing and shrieking. Anyway, I have found that people tend to mumble and not annunciate properly anyway and their sentences tend to drop off towards the end. I sent for this just to see if it would improve things at all so that I do not have to have subtitles on all the time.

It works. I don't know why and I don't know how durable it will be but it just works. I am now able to have the television on quite low and yet hear all speech comfortably from the beginning of a sentence to the end.

I daresay I shall just buy cheap replacement batteries from a pound shop but for a very small outlay I have been able to improve my everyday appreciation of the world.

I am not vain in any way and would wear it out if I needed to but under my hair you can hardly notice it anyway.

It came packaged discreetly, fitted through the letterbox and arrived within five days.

Very satisfied.

Your Songs
Your Songs
Offered by b68solutions
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening Crooner, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
Most people have heard of Michael Buble but I think that Harry Connick Jnr seems to have taken a back seat lately in people's opinions. Indeed, I have Michael Buble albums myself and those by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and more recently the complete American songbook by Rod Stewart. All of them are brought down from the shelf occasionally and find themselves in my CD player.

When I first heard Harry Connick, yes, I thought he sounded like Frank Sinatra but years later and having listened to him more carefully, it is more obvious now that his technique is more mellow even and dare I say, more refined.

If you are a person who likes easy listening music, the kind you can leave in the car and just instantly sing along to (your tensions eased as you sit at the traffic lights) then give this CD a try. You won't be sorry you did!

Pink Leather Flip Case Xylo-Cover for the HTC Wildfire Mobile Phone.
Pink Leather Flip Case Xylo-Cover for the HTC Wildfire Mobile Phone.
Offered by Xylo Uk
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, 26 Mar 2011
I have always had cases for my mobile phones. My children mock me and think they are naff but strange isn't it how my daughter is now on her 3rd Smartphone replacement in a year after dropping it on the floor.

This case is one of the nicest I have ever bought, really neat stitching and cute little magnetic flap closure. Inside is a black moulded phone holder which grips the phone's outer brilliantly and blends in with it. The case inner is like a faux suede I imagine, maybe even real.

I can still fit the phone in most of my handbag phone pockets even in its case. The best thing about having a Hot Pink phone cover is that it is easier to find should I misplace my phone. I would certainly recommend this cover and the company from which I bought it as it arrived very speedily.

Hope
Hope
Offered by hifi-media-store
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars May Hope endure forever, 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: Hope (Audio CD)
I first heard about the tragedy of this young man's death on Sunday while watching the Piers Morgan programme on South Africa. Immediately I started to research everything about this man and his wonderful voice. Already the World Cup has seen much tragedy, the death of this young man to meningitis, the coach crash yesterday and the sad death of Nelson Mandela's great granddaughter. I am buying this album because, quite simply, I love a good tenor and Siphiwo WAS such a tenor and would surely have gone on to be oe of the world's greats! So, so sad. My condolences to his family.

The Vicar of Dibley - The Ultimate Collection [DVD]
The Vicar of Dibley - The Ultimate Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dawn French
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 57.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No Hassle Shopping, 27 Mar 2009
Very fast delivery, well packaged and more to the point "as described". Amazon have to be one of the most trustworthy shopping sites on the Internet. Well done to them.