Profile for Ricky James > Reviews

Ricky James "Ricky" (UK)

Thanks For Nothing, Nick Maxwell
Thanks For Nothing, Nick Maxwell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 25 Jun 2012
This is a good first novel, funny and readable. The heroine is pregnant after a brief fling and the father-to-be doesn't know a thing about it. It kept my attention and I would read another book by this author.

Tara Road (2005) [DVD]
Tara Road (2005) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andie MacDowell

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay film but book much better, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Tara Road (2005) [DVD] (DVD)
I think Andie McDowell saved this film as she is such a strong presence but the casting overall was weak and the book was a thousand times better. Maeve Binchy is a wonderful storyteller but thisbook didn't translate so well onto the big screen.I much preferred the DVD 'Circle of Friends' which is a much better adaptation of a Maeve Binchy book.

Circle Of Friends [DVD]
Circle Of Friends [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Donnell
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and nostalgic, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Circle Of Friends [DVD] (DVD)
I read the book of the same title years ago and loved it. I never got around to seeing the film so I ordered on DVD as a treat for myself to watch when my husband was working, as I don't think it would be his cup of tea. I just loved it. It's an old-fashioned romance set in Ireland and Minnie Driver as Bernadette is brilliant. Chris O' Donnell is also good if you can excuse his dodgy Irish accent! It's a bit different from the book, but it's a great story and I think the film does Maeve Bincy credit. Recommended for the ladies!

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Los Angeles
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Los Angeles
by Catherine Gerber

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, useful book, 15 Aug 2011
This is exacty what I was looking for when I was going to LA on a family holiday recently. For such a little book it is jammed packed with short concise descriptions, pictures, maps etc. It's very current and useful and fits neatly into my back pocket!

The Very Best of Fireman Sam: Action Stations! [DVD]
The Very Best of Fireman Sam: Action Stations! [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Alderton

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Fireman Sam, 15 Aug 2011
This is a favourite DVD in our household and we all love Fireman Sam who is quite the loveable character. This DVD is a great babysitter when you're busy doing the household chores. He is almost like part of the family at this stage.

Just Friends [DVD]
Just Friends [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ryan Reynolds
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny film., 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Just Friends [DVD] (DVD)
I borrowed this DVD from a friend but wasn't expecting much more than a couple of hours of easy viewing. However this film is seriousy funny. There are some real laugh-out loud moments and Ryan Reynolds is perfect for the part of lead actor. One of the better romantic comedies out there.