Profile for L. Wilcox > Reviews

Content by L. Wilcox

L. Wilcox "xX Lulu Xx" (Birmingham Baby)

Who'd Be a Fly?
Who'd Be a Fly?
by Neil Griffiths

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful story!, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Who'd Be a Fly? (Paperback)
I had the pleasure of meeting Neil Griffiths at a recent EYFS conference. What an inspirational man! He certainly drove home the importance of reading and the impact it has on young children.

I browsed some of his storybooks that were on offer to buy and i was fascinated by the illustrations. I work in a private day nursery and work with 3 year olds, i knew that they would love some of the stories that were on offer.

I bought this one, very similar in price [barely a pound in difference]. I took it to work with me and instantly the chidlren were captivated! The story involves the plant gobbling things up which made my group laugh in delight.

The repeated refrains ensured that this story memorable whilst the twist in the end made the story a firm favourite. Its been at least three weeks and we are still reading this story!

Men's Superman - Silver Foil Logo T-Shirt
Men's Superman - Silver Foil Logo T-Shirt
Offered by Breathe and Sleep Ltd
Price: 23.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Superman T-Shirt review, 28 Dec 2010
I bought this as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. I ordered a Medium as this is his regular size. I was a little worried about sizing due to reviews i had read on here.

Very pleased with the quick delivery and the size of the t-shirt. It fits him perfectly however he does moan about how the neck of the t-shirt fits quite tight. Other than that, it is a lovely t-shirt.

Initially, it is quite bright but after one wash it seemed to take off the tin foil effect. It washed well i.e. no shrinking or foil peeling ect.

Overall a good buy =]

SAMSUNG ES28 noir
SAMSUNG ES28 noir

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung ES28 review, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: SAMSUNG ES28 noir (Electronics)
I was given this camera as a Christmas present [2010]. Started taking pictures immediately :) Fantastic quality in the images and that was before i even played around with the settings. Images were really clear and crisp.

Had a play around with the buttons and found it quite easy to use. Some of the features i didn't understand how to set i.e. "beauty shot" but after a quick read of the manual, soon found the answers.

Camera also has a weighty feel that i did not have with previous cameras but makes no difference. The zoom was also very smooth not like previous cameras where they were "jumpy".

Overall, it is a great camera, fantastic images and enjoy using the editing programme that is already on the camera. =]

The Official British Army Fitness Guide
The Official British Army Fitness Guide
by Sam Murphy
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars British Army - the guide, 24 Sep 2009
I ordered this on behalf of my partner who was enetering his selection to go into the army. My brother in law is a PTI and he told me originally about the book. He swore blind that he still refers to it even after all of his training and knowledge.

The book came very quickly =] My partner read it cover to cover the first day. He found the exercise tables they provided invaluable and stuck to the training intesley.He become very fit quite quickly and found he passed all of the training tests given.

I have even read the book and it is very informative with lots of clear images. I feel that it is a great book if you want to gain knowledge and information on what you should be doing as practice before any army tests.