Profile for hughesm70 > Reviews

Content by hughesm70

"hughesm70"

Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy 3)
Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy 3)
by Julie Ortolon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific End to a Terrific Trilogy!, 28 Feb. 2004
Julie Ortolon has done it again! Not only does she provide us with excellent backstories for her characters which make the reader genuinely connect and empathise with them but she does so whilst creating amazing chemistry and comedy in the process. A brilliant end to the Pearl Island Trilogy with the sexy chef Adrian St. Claire paired up with the spunky and independant Captain Jackie Taylor, let me tell you now, sparks certainly fly!! Passions run high as the tragic love story of Jack and Margurite comes to a close and the parallels Julie Ortolon creates between the past and the present are, as always, wonderfully writen.
This is also an excellently researched book for the amount of information conveyed about marine biology and diving is huge and absolutly fascinating.
Julie Ortolon really has ensured a place for herself in the world of romance novels and 'Don't Temp Me' simply confirms her talent, imagination and originality.
On a less serious note, anyone who has made the 'Don't Temp Me Brownies' mentioned in the book (recipe included in the back of book) will, I'm sure want to join me in saying WOWEEE!! They are unbelievable!!

Running Away From Richard
Running Away From Richard
by Chris Manby

2.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie Jordan is a Whinge!, 20 Feb. 2004
I found it very hard to enjoy this book when more than half of it is devoted to Lizzie moping around and whinging over her boyfriend dumping her. I have not read the previous Lizzie Jordan book so maybe that it why I found it very hard to sympathise with her character- I had not read enough or been involved enough in her relationship with Richard to actually care that it had come to an end. After reading the first few tedious chapters were Lizzie mopes around in a state of denial I found that I actually couldn't bear to listen to her whinging and started to skip whole pages because her character just irritaed the hell out of me! I mean, God woman! It is the 21st century! Pull yourself together for pete's sake and get over it!

Playing James
Playing James
by Sarah Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hilarious!!, 14 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Playing James (Paperback)
Sarah Mason is a genius! Holly is an hilarious and loveable character and the chemistry between her and James is fabulous! I was laughing out loud all the way through the book at Holly's antics and her personality as a whole. The storyline is great and the book has the happy ending that everyone knows there will be but is on the edge of their seat to see how it happens anyway!