Profile for Sir Topham Hatt > Reviews

Content by Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt (Sodor Island)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
FOTL - Mens T-Shirt Athletic Vest Plain Black Size XX-Large XXl
FOTL - Mens T-Shirt Athletic Vest Plain Black Size XX-Large XXl
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing wrong, 30 April 2014
All other FOTL products fit at the size ordered but this vest was far too small despite claiming to be the same size. Not impressed.

Yonex High Soft Grap Tennis Badminton Squash Synthetic Over Grip (2 x Red)
Yonex High Soft Grap Tennis Badminton Squash Synthetic Over Grip (2 x Red)
Offered by RacquetDeal

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 23 Mar 2014
The red grips are in fact a pale (salmon) pink which looked ridiculous on my rackets so ended up in the bin. Not impressed as I assume the seller has had these for a long long time and they have faded.

Homeopathic Kit for Pets - A Must for Pet Owners
Homeopathic Kit for Pets - A Must for Pet Owners
Offered by Nourish Natural & Organic

1.0 out of 5 stars Magic water, 10 Dec 2013
This is water, why are people buying tiny bottles of water at crazy prices from Amazon? Homeopathy is sham pseudo science, it's made up nonsense and has never been scientifically tested in proper trials. Honestly, don't buy this rubbish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2014 7:21 PM GMT

Wrangler Texas Stretch Straight Men's Jeans Rinsewash W40in x L32in
Wrangler Texas Stretch Straight Men's Jeans Rinsewash W40in x L32in
Offered by binghams menswear

2.0 out of 5 stars A few months old and gradually shrinking in the wash, 20 May 2013
Unless I have started growing upwards again at the tender age of 38 then my jeans are shrinking in the legs. The material that these jeans are made from is not traditional denim, they have a very smooth finish that I have never encountered before. They are always washed at 40 degrees but are now visibly too short in the legs despite fitting really well when purchased 5 months ago from Amazon. Oddly the waist still fits fine and doesn't appear to be shrinking.

Very disappointed to be honest, I had hoped that they would last much longer than 5 months.

Rotary Men's Diver's Strap Watch GS30017/55 with an Olive Green Dial and a Black Rubber Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap watch, 2 May 2013
I purchased this for the bargain price of £16 and I am very happy with it. This is a cheap holiday watch that I can wear for swimming etc without any great concerns if the seawater kills it, and then leave my best watch at home.

It's a nice chunky watch and seems well put together so will hopefully last. It has a lifetime warranty but you have to pay to have it serviced every 3 years for this to be valid when at this price it would be cheaper just to get a new watch when it dies.

Leyton Lighting330 mm Linkable Led Striplight
Leyton Lighting330 mm Linkable Led Striplight

1.0 out of 5 stars Supplied with mains cable but no plug, 15 Feb 2013
The product write-up says supplied with a mains cable for easy fitting....except it is not supplied with a plug.

I know it's not a big deal wiring up a plug but these days all things electrical come with a plug supplied so I do not have a 'spare' plug sitting around at home. I now need to go out and buy a plug so that I can use my new lights. Very cheapskate to supply without a plug, not impressed Amazon.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2013 11:10 PM GMT

Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Latest Generation Kindle - Bookshelf
Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Latest Generation Kindle - Bookshelf

2.0 out of 5 stars Little more than expensive stickers, 3 Jan 2013
Possibly I was expecting too much, but for £16 a few very thin stickers to put on my Kindle hardly seems like good value. These stickers may protect from minor scratches but otherwise they offer little more than decoration for the Kindle.

Trespass Men's Aro Ski Jacket
Trespass Men's Aro Ski Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good so far, 22 Nov 2012
I just received this jacket today and first impression is that it is very nice. It appears well made; it's certainly warm and has plenty of pockets. Yet to be tested in cold/wet conditions.

Two slight negatives: The inside audio pocket is tiny, way too small for even a small smart phone or iPod, perhaps designed for a Nano or something similar. Also the Trespass logo on the front chest pocket does not seem to be that well fixed on and I suspect in time will drop off, not a big issue for practicality, but will detract from the look of the jacket as it ages.

A Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones: Paperback Box Set
A Song of Ice and Fire - A Game of Thrones: Paperback Box Set
by George R. R. Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars BE WARNED - not the complete story in this box set, 21 Nov 2012
I purchased this box set last year in the Amazon Black Friday thingy and then read the books over the following months. Some books in the set are defintely better than others but the biggest disappointment is that you get to the end of the box set and the story is far from finished. I can't understand why books, films, etc are released as box sets that do not tell the entire story.

I recently read book 7 and this was by far the worst of them; several hundred pages where very little happens...and still we seem no closer to the end of this series. To be honest I am not sure that I really care anymore what happens as there are so many other authors out there writing great books. For those who like fanatsy books try David Gemmell. Sadly he died some years ago but left behind a great catalogue of books which you can pick up very cheaply second-hand on Amazon and he certainly doesn't drag out stories for 1000s of pages with little genuine content.

Dunlop Duncan Navy Mens Slippers
Dunlop Duncan Navy Mens Slippers
Price: £8.95 - £19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rubbish. Do not buy, 15 Feb 2012
I've had these slippers less than 3 months and the soles are splitting on both slippers and basically they are falling apart. I only wear them around the house so they have not had a hard life. I am honestly shocked at how poor quality these slippers are, I would have expected far better from Dunlop.

Save yourself some money do not buy this rubbish.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4