Profile for Ms. G. Myatt > Reviews

Content by Ms. G. Myatt

Ms. G. Myatt "Gilly" (Londonderry)

Tuscany Silver 10 mm Ball Lever Back Drop Earrings
Tuscany Silver 10 mm Ball Lever Back Drop Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Earrings, Excessive Packaging., 4 Feb. 2016
Fabulous earrings, light but solid and very shiny. My only criticism is the packaging. Does a pair of small earrings justify a box sized 9"◊5"◊4" ? They would have been quite safe in a padded envelope as they were already in a jewellery box.

The Essential Guide to Cake Decorating (Essential series)
The Essential Guide to Cake Decorating (Essential series)
by Murdoch Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Still the best book, 24 April 2014
I have had this book for a few years now. It was the first cake decorating book I bought and I still use it today. The recipes are excellent, I've never had a failure. The cake designs range from the simple to quite complicated but the instructions are clear and easy to understand. I started as an amateur baker and now I do it professionally and this book is the best there is.

Neat Ideas Cupcake Corer
Neat Ideas Cupcake Corer
Offered by Barto Retail

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 20 April 2014
An excellent product, so easy to use. Just push the serrated end into the cake as far as it will allow, quick twist and lift and the 'core' comes away. I make at least 48 filled cupcakes a week and this is perfect. I would give it 5 stars but the delivery was very slow. I contacted the distributors and had a very polite email explaining that it came from China. It did arrive the next day.

WellBake Large Rolling Mat for Pastry, Dough. Superior Quality Nonstick Silicone Bakeware + 10 Year Guarantee
Offered by WellBake Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product, 25 Nov. 2012
I received this mat a few days ago and have already used it twice. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I regularly use fondant to cover cakes and to be honest it's a messy business. You need a good coating of icing sugar or cornflour on your worktop, the fondant frequently sticks and cleaning up afterwards is a pain. No more! I didn't need any additions, the fondant rolled beautifully, it didn't stick and the mat wiped clean easily after and rolls away for storage. I'm looking forward to using it again and again.

Sugar Flowers for Beginners: A Step-by-step Guide to Getting Started in Sugar Floristry
by Paddi Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off, 19 Mar. 2011
When I looked at the pictures in this book I thought there was no way I'd be able to produce anything as beautiful. I'd only made the most basic sugar roses for cupcake decoration but fancied a challenge.

It took me a couple of weeks to pluck up courage to begin. I don't know why I was so concerned, the step-by step instructions are clear and the information at the beginning is invaluable. I produced a lovely dog rose in the space of a morning, most of that time was waiting for the flower to 'set' before colouring with dust.

Please don't be put off by the beauty of the the photos, with very little effort and patience they can be reproduced. It is a book for beginners as well as those who'd like a project for a special occasion.

RSPB My First Book of Garden Bugs
RSPB My First Book of Garden Bugs
by Mike Unwin

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect starter book, 4 Oct. 2010
A lovely book for young ones. Well worth the money, easy to read and encourages interaction. I bought it for a 5th birthday present and it's already been borrowed by a little sister. We're hoping to use it when the weather improves meanwhile it makes for a good read.

Thrifty Ways For Modern Days
Thrifty Ways For Modern Days
by Martin Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars What your mother should have told you., 26 July 2010
I am already a big fan of Martin Lewis and receive his Money Saving Expert email so when I saw this book advertised I had to have it. It is full of useful money saving tips, especially when it comes to cleaning products. The suggestions in the book come from people who use the forum. There are some ideas I won't be using but it's the kind of book you can pick up and refer to when necessary. There is a good index, making it an easy to use book. Here is just one tip - last thing at night throw some leftover flat or cheap value cola down the toilets and round the sinks, they'll come up sparkling - a lot cheaper than fancy branded loo cleaners! I love this book.

The Bread Book: The Definitive Guide to Making Bread by Hand or Machine
The Bread Book: The Definitive Guide to Making Bread by Hand or Machine
by Sara Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful breadmaking, 26 July 2010
An excellent book, an easy to read format and great pictures. I was going to buy a bread machine expecting to use recipes from The Bread Book but couldn't wait to get started. So I tried making the bread by hand, I found it so simple I'm not going to bother with the bread machine! I've made three different types of bread and each one has been a success, impressing myself and my friends. I can really recommend this book. It's good for first timers and as my confidence grows I'll try some of the more complicated loaves.

The Baking Book
The Baking Book
by Jane Bull

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Easy, 4 Dec. 2009
This review is from: The Baking Book (Hardcover)
This book is ideal for those looking to bake with small children and who is looking for a change from fairy cakes. It has simple recipes and clear instructions. The brightly coloured illustrations appeal to the little ones and they love to choose what to make. I just wish there were more recipes in the book.