Profile for Squadibear > Reviews

Content by Squadibear

Squadibear "Squadibear" (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PHOENIX RISING (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 1)
PHOENIX RISING (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked again!, 14 Dec. 2014
What more can I say - hooked by the whole Phoenix series!!!

PHOENIX REBORN (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 3)
PHOENIX REBORN (The Phoenix Chronicles Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great climax to the trilogy(ies), 14 Dec. 2014
Just completed the final story and not ashamed that CJ has made be cry - again. She has a knack of tugging at the heart-strings while still making the story a horny read and the storylines - even though occasionally a little predictable - are rough and she doesn't shy away from grittiness and the rougher side of life.

I found I could fall in love with the characters feel and fear for and with them - the sign of a good storyteller.

Each of her fifteen books in the Phoenix Club series up to now have held my attention and I have found myself reading long into the night to get to the end of a book - then starting on the next!

My partner has demanded to know what I am reading because I have been so absorbed and I would recommend the Phoenix series to anyone who wants a good read.

I just wish there were more in the series !

The Twelve Commandments Of Dance
The Twelve Commandments Of Dance

5.0 out of 5 stars A great loss, 26 Feb. 2014
Had this on tape years ago - now on my second CD cos a "friend" borrowed the first and never got it back. Love every track and it never fails to stir my spirit. Love to play it full blast in the car after a bad day at work or at home when the other half is out. Just let yourself go. I am sure some people wonder what the heck I am doing singing along at full voice in the car - but this is the sort of music which means you just don't care what others think.

What a sad loss that they both died before being able to produce more classic work for us to enjoy. I have to say - and no doubt this will offend some - they are on a par with Freddie Mercury and Queen in my book. OK maybe not as musically proficient in some respects but GREAT FUN!

Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion Trilogy Book 1)
Measure of Devotion (Measure of Devotion Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro to this author, 12 Feb. 2013
Took a chance on this title and was delighted I did.

Great story and was sorry when I got to the last page. Immediately bought the sequel.

A great romantic novel with an added extra in the form of S&M.

Go on - you know you want to......

Measure of Strength (Measure of Devotion Trilogy Book 2)
Measure of Strength (Measure of Devotion Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel!, 12 Feb. 2013
I couldn't wait to read this after reading Measure of Devotion whilst I was ill and unable to sleep! I read both books in one night as |I couldn't put them down! If you want some good romantic fiction and a reasonable story of 'coming of age' and growing up within two distinct classes then read these two! Add the SM side of things and this was just what I needed to distract me from insomnia!

Will be looking out for more from this author!!

Blood Resurrection (My Vampire and I)
Blood Resurrection (My Vampire and I)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, 22 Jan. 2013
Enjoyed the whole series. Romatic gay vampire fiction. Some moments of tension - some slightly tear-jerking ones as well. Part of a series so best to make sure you read the books in order as there are character links which follow on - always the sign of a good writer.

Thoroughly enjoyable and worth taking time over.

Blood Lure (My Vampire and I)
Blood Lure (My Vampire and I)

5.0 out of 5 stars A darn good read - get the whole series!, 22 Jan. 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable and worth taking time over.

Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I)
Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 22 Jan. 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable and worth taking time over.

Bound in Blood (My Vampire and I)
Bound in Blood (My Vampire and I)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 22 Jan. 2013

Thoroughly enjoyable and worth taking time over.

The Werepires books 1 - 4 (The Beginning first 4 books)
The Werepires books 1 - 4 (The Beginning first 4 books)

2.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment! Author needs a proof-reader!, 22 Jan. 2013
Well I was slightly surprised to read in the 'introduction' a bit of a disclaimer about grammar and the like..... It didn't take long to find out why.

I have lost count of the grammatical errors - not fussy little ones, but glaring errors which a primary school child would be chided for making. Mis-spelling; repeated passages and sudden changes of tense all leave me wondering why I have bothered reading this far and whether I have the stamina to carry on.

It seems as though there could be a reasonable story buried in there somewhere but teasing it out of the bad writing is getting very painful.

The author clearly has not employed any form of proof-reading - either electronic or human (not even vampire or werewolf!) - or most of these glaring mistakes would have been highlighted. At times I am left wondering whether it would have been better to use "text-speak" for at least then there is an excuse.

All-in-all it is SLOPPY !

I have enjoyed a number of vampire stories recently but had I the misfortune to have started with this I would not have gone through as many as I have. I read for pleasure - regrettably this is not turning out to be pleasurable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3