Profile for Les St James > Reviews

Content by Les St James

Les St James "Les Fordingbridge" (Uk)

Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar
Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar
Price: 167.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Soundbar, 3 Mar 2013
This was my second choice of soundbar. My first choice was too wide for the tv. This is a neat unit where the bar sits at the bottom of the tv and doesn't obscure the tv remote-eye. Booster sits on the floor beside the tv. I'm very impressed with the sound quality. Only gripe is as other blogs, you don't know how high you have the sound set.The unit switches itself off occasionally. It does however make it easier to hear whats going on particularly good in films. Ideal for the older listener!

Mentadent SR Toothpaste Tube (100mls)
Mentadent SR Toothpaste Tube (100mls)
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars SR toothpaste, 3 Mar 2013
I have used this toothpaste for many many years. It is one of the best cures for mouth ulcers on the market. Not widely available in shops now, so I buy it on-line.

Finding John Christmas (DVD) Peter Falk Valerie Bertinelli (Region 2)
Finding John Christmas (DVD) Peter Falk Valerie Bertinelli (Region 2)
Dvd ~ Andy Wolk
Offered by DVDMAX-UK
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is really one of the better Christmas films, 3 Mar 2013
A superb film, very well acted. In the Peter Falk 'Max' series, which have all been very good. You will need the tissues, but don't let that put you off. John Christmas is quite a sad/troubled person but you can see why.

Bosch Rotak 34 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width)
Bosch Rotak 34 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bosch Rotak 34, 17 April 2012
No problem assembling, once we worked out the handles positions. It is good to have a decent grass box, but it does have rather a lot of nooks & crannies where grass gets caught. A good robust feel when using. Fairly noisy but overall we are very pleased with this product.

Epson Stylus BX635FWD All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy) with Wi-Fi, Network, Duplex, LCD Screen and Fax

4.0 out of 5 stars Les S re Epson BX635FWD, 24 Feb 2012
I purchased this printer mid jan. I do a lot of copying, so I welcomed its fast speed. I also needed it to take card, which it does, but there is no card choice in the 'paper selector'. I also needed automatic double sided printing driven from the computer, so far i haven't worked out how to do that. If there is anyone out there who knows how to do it please let us know. My previous printer was an HP750. This epson is good, but not as good quality print as the HP. Printing photos from an sd card was easy, and fair quality. It looks, (although it's early days)as though this will be much cheaper on ink. There does seem to be more print through of ink when I did manual double sided, than HP.

At Home with the Templetons
At Home with the Templetons
by Monica McInerney
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 May 2011
This is the first time I have read a book written by Monica McInerney, and have really enjoyed the story of two families coming together through 'odd' events. I have already ordered another book by the same author and hope to enjoy another good read.