Profile for barry36 > Reviews

Content by barry36

barry36

Page: 1 | 2
HOMEFRONT PREMIUM KING SIZE FULLY FITTED WASHABLE LUXURY FLEECE MATTRESS COVER DUAL CONTROL (INDIVIDUAL HEAT CONTROL FOR BODY & FEET)
Offered by Direct Sales
Price: 84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this product for it's versatility, 1 Sep 2014
This is the Beez-Kneez. Don't have central heating,so this is ideal---love the foot-warmer,since I suffer from Oedema it offers relief through the night. Would recommend this product for it's versatility.

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 16.87

5.0 out of 5 stars First time on an FPS., 19 Dec 2013
Facts.----I am nearly 78 years old----always played RPG's----never tried an FPS.
Wow !!!!---this game is something else---once I'd mastered the controls,and the view of only seeing weapons,I steamed in,and have now played it through five times,scoring well on the "Stealth" option. You young regular Gamers of this format probably mastered it quickly,but I had to accept it as a challenge,--and would give it full marks ,both for story line and action.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 6:56 PM BST

The Last Of Us (PS3)
The Last Of Us (PS3)
Offered by xam80
Price: 21.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The last of us is The Best Of Us., 30 July 2013
This review is from: The Last Of Us (PS3) (Video Game)
I have lost count of the number of role-playing games I have played,--but this is by far the best. Not being a fan of the "bang-crash-turn 'em-to-ash" syndrome,this game surpasses all expectations. The graphics are awesome----and the atmospheric environment generated in small,dark claustrophobic premises is quite extraordinary. One must choose between stealth,attack,or swift retreat,depending on one's health and weapons etc. I cannot recommend this game too highly,---and being 77 years old,I would assume that you Youngsters in your fifties will find it equally absorbing. Gold stars and Brownie points to Naughty Dog,---you have excelled yourselves.

Town & Country Suede and Leather Premium Gardening Gloves for Men/ Ladies
Town & Country Suede and Leather Premium Gardening Gloves for Men/ Ladies
Price: 8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves the Gloves, 28 Jun 2013
Just the job--extremely comfortable and flexible,would recommend these, suitable for Men and Ladies offer good protection without the stiffness of other gloves.

Mens JOCKEY Luxury Terry Bathrobe Dressing Gown
Mens JOCKEY Luxury Terry Bathrobe Dressing Gown
Price: 34.99 - 49.95

1.0 out of 5 stars If this is small,how big is big, 16 May 2013
I ordered this item in "Small" size. Upon receipt of same I tried it on,and it reached to my ankles. Since i have to bend when climbing stairs,I was continually treading on the gown,and envisaging an accident waiting to happen. The item was marked "S",with a small label in the pocket,but I was tempted to use it for a duvet. The material is first class,absolutely no complaints there,but am now instructing my Daughter to shorten it by 12". I could not be bothered with the trials of returning same,since I am housebound.

**Great Value** Adults Grey Marl Lounge Robe (SMALL)
**Great Value** Adults Grey Marl Lounge Robe (SMALL)
Offered by UWear (UK) Ltd
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "Small actually means Small", 13 May 2013
Since I only weigh six and a half stones,and am 77 years old,all my past efforts in purchasing a "Small" robe have ended in disaster. One I ordered elsewhere would have doubled as a duvet,so it was pleasantly surprising to finally obtain one that fitted my diminutive frame. Purely for Summer wear,optimistically speaking.

Piranha PC2g Large Computer Desk with 3 Drawers and a Cabinet
Piranha PC2g Large Computer Desk with 3 Drawers and a Cabinet
Offered by Piranha Trading Limited * NO DELIVERY TO: Channel Islands Isle of Man Scilly Isles Scottish Highlands & Islands Northern Ireland *
Price: 97.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Piranha desk PC2g, 4 May 2013
At last--instructions so detailed,even a 77 yr.old idiot such as I had no trouble assembling it. No need for translation of the usual hieroglyphics,every step described admirably. A wonderful,sturdy desk---look no further than Piranha if you are shopping for a similar product. Delivered within 36 hours of ordering,--thanks Piranha and Amazon.

Logic3 Slim cooling Fan and Vertical Stand (PS3)
Logic3 Slim cooling Fan and Vertical Stand (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Logic 3 Cooling Fan., 1 Dec 2012
This product is almost perfect.Silent-running fan,large blue indicator light,and rubber feet to make it non-slip.The only downside,is that the usb lead is only 3 inches long,and in order to connect it to the usb port on the PS3,one has to turn the fan backwards,--consequently one cannot then see the blue illuminated light. I overcame this by connecting a usb extension lead,with the aid of two female usb connectors,but,with a little forethought,this need not have been necessary.

Of Orcs And Men (Playstation 3)
Of Orcs And Men (Playstation 3)
Offered by clickforgamesltd
Price: 13.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Of Orcs and Men., 1 Dec 2012
Unfortunately this is the worst RPG game I have ever purchased. The battle system is far too complicated,and laborious,compared with a game such as Darksiders 2. I gave up after ten minutes,there was no continuity,or flow to the battles,--turn-based battles can be interesting,but this system was just too much. I'm afraid I could not recommend it,but perhaps some people may find it interesting.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2013 10:57 AM GMT

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3)
Price: 16.84

5.0 out of 5 stars KOAR, 10 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let me tell you,--I am 76 years old,and an avid fan of RPG games,--and this is one of the best. Makes Skyrim look pathetic, and the colours are so vibrant.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2012 11:25 PM BST